Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    Upton is not coming to the Mets.

This is all wishful thinking.

Next case.

Shea Stadium Scoreboard May 31, 1964

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mhschiefs97 View Post
    I saw an article recently that said the Indians are interested in Jason Kubel. Considering Lucas Duda is cheaper and can be very similar to Kubel on an AL team, I think the Mets should look into a 3 team deal with the Indians and Diamondbacks.

Duda and Gee to Indians.
    Asdrubal Cabrera and a Mets prospect not named Wheeler or d'Arnaud to Diamonbacks.
    Upton to the Mets.
    Guys, The D-Backs just recently traded Trevor Bauer, one of the top pitching prospects in MLB (ranked higher than Wheeler) in a 3 team deal, where the key player they got back was Didi Gregorius, a SS prospect that they coveted, and who now becomes their #4 prospect. (ahead of Adam Eaton, I might add) Asdrubal Cabrera would no longer be of interest to them.

Besides, to get Upton, you'll have to give up a lot more than Cabrera and a middling Mets prospect. Earlier in the off season I had suggested a package of Mejia or Familia, Flores, Den Dekker, Tapia and Tovar for Upton and was sneered at.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I've been very focused on Eaton as a trade target, but I have come to the realization that since the D-Backs have designated him their starting CF for 2013, it is very unlikely that Towers will move him. As a fallback position I was leaning toward A.J. Pollock, but considering Parra, I am now firmly on the fence.

Parra has 4 solid years of MLB experience, something that makes him considerably less risky. But that also means he is under team control only through 2015 while Pollock would be here at least through 2018. They're very similar offensively and defensively - not much power, gap to gap hitters, lots of speed, both would fit in the leadoff spot. Pollock hits righty, which would be nice in the Mets somewhat lefty heavy lineup. But that shouldn't be the deciding factor.

I guess the bottom line is, I'd be ecstatic to get either one in a deal with Arizona.
    I've also come to really like Eaton, but think he should be avoided for two reasons.
    2- His age and monster minor league numbers may make him more valuable to the Dbacks (not necessarily to other teams in a trade) than Justin Upton. Why would they trade him, when they can instead trade Upton?
    1- In my opinion (which can obviously be wrong), he will be more of a speed guy in center. If we were going to offer the big package to get a player like him, then why don't we just use that same package for Justin Upton when Michael Bourn is a free agent? I have no desire to enter a discussion about the unrealistic scenario of the Mets getting Upton or Bourn, I just think a speedy center fielder is easier to find right now than a corner outfield power bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Guys, The D-Backs just recently traded Trevor Bauer, one of the top pitching prospects in MLB (ranked higher than Wheeler) in a 3 team deal, where the key player they got back was Didi Gregorius, a SS prospect that they coveted, and who now becomes their #4 prospect. (ahead of Adam Eaton, I might add) Asdrubal Cabrera would no longer be of interest to them.

Besides, to get Upton, you'll have to give up a lot more than Cabrera and a middling Mets prospect. Earlier in the off season I had suggested a package of Mejia or Familia, Flores, Den Dekker, Tapia and Tovar for Upton and was sneered at.
    Just throwing out a trade idea earlier... I said a Mets prospect not named Wheeler or d'Arnaud. That means I wouldn't have been against Flores or Syndergaard.

vCash
    The Mets couldn't even sign his older brother who was a free agent and coming off a better season so they sure as hell won't trade for Justin who will command our top prospects.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie6986 View Post
    Upton is not coming to the Mets.

This is all wishful thinking.

Next case.
    Him coming to the Mets is as possible as Felix Hernandez coming here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456