Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    That's what I'm saying though. Spending this offseason would be foolish. But next year wheeler, Harvey, TDA will all be in the majors and the team will be ready to atleast begin competing. We need to trade for a young outfielder this year.

Next off season we need to target a free agent outfielder though. The final part of rebuilding is reinvesting into the team.

How is improving the team at any time foolish?

Can't those players help beyond 2013?

How does signing say Hairston kill the team down the line?

You all seem to be under this illusion that you go from 74 win team to contender overnight, and that if you sit tight the Coupons are going to go out next Winter and buy us all the pieces we need because they've done nothing for 4 years.

You're being strung along from year to year with the promise of jam tomorrow that never arrives, at this point that's all it is, a shell game. But you all assume this shell game just comes to an end and the people behind the endless lies and deceit over the last few years, suddenly turn into your dream owners...

FA is grim almost every year now, because teams just extend their own guys, how are you going to fill numerous holes without overpaying? FA 2014 looks bad already, and it WILL get worse, the talent pool will only diminish.

I'm telling you they have sold you a lie with this 'Everything will be amazing in 2014' nonsense, you're all wetting yourselves over these dreamy prospects and seemingly in your minds tons to spend in FA next year, and you're going to end up disappointed when all the Mets do is sign roster fillers.

How do you fill holes with quality players without spending money?

You drain the farm system, what have you all been moaning about for years? 'We've got no farm system'.

Don't just assume the Mets are gonna spend big because they have payroll down real low, it's real low for a reason, and that reason is not so they can start spending a ton on players again.

vCash
    Right now I'm hoping they sign Dariel Alvarez. I wouldn't nessesarily blame them if they don't sign him, but I'm hoping they'll be aggressive on a young talent.

Other than that, there is no one I want to see them sign. I don't even want Hairston to be honest. We are rebuilding, and we could really use a Top 10 protected pick next year with all the money coming off the books.

vCash
    The trade to hopefully get Upton would be
    Mets give: Familia, Flores (who is not needed because the Mets have Wright), and either Mejia. The Mets would be giving up 2 young power arms whom could be a # 2 in Mejia and Familia could be a 2 or 3. Flores which is one of the Mets top prospects and has the potential to be a real power hitting threat but his
    p[/QUOte

Arizona wants a thirdbaseman and a #2 pitcher. If we traded Niese or Harvey and Murphy you would get a shot at him but we are trying to build a young core staff so that would be a sideways move. I have been suggestibn a deal for top prospect AJ Pollock with Murphy and maybe a Mejia in return. We shall see.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    The idea of Upton intrigues me very much.

But, the FO has to consider many things:

1) Do we want to absorb the remaining 2-3 years of his contract?

2) Would his production (per dollar) outweigh what we would get from a Familia, Mejia and Flores package? Considering all 3 would be cheap, under our control for a handful of years and most likely contributing at the MLB level.

3) Is Upton 100% "healthy"? I am talking both physically and baseball mentality/mental aspect. There have been questions about both.

Look, I want Upton. We need a young, RH bat who is a difference maker. He fits that bill.

However, we know the FO is looking to develop the talent that we have in a frugal/affordable way.

If Mejia and Familiar are both contributors at the MLB level and Flores turns into a MLB bat...is it worth it?

Just playing both sides of the discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticmike80 View Post
    The idea of Upton intrigues me very much.

But, the FO has to consider many things:

1) Do we want to absorb the remaining 2-3 years of his contract?

2) Would his production (per dollar) outweigh what we would get from a Familia, Mejia and Flores package? Considering all 3 would be cheap, under our control for a handful of years and most likely contributing at the MLB level.

3) Is Upton 100% "healthy"? I am talking both physically and baseball mentality/mental aspect. There have been questions about both.

Look, I want Upton. We need a young, RH bat who is a difference maker. He fits that bill.

However, we know the FO is looking to develop the talent that we have in a frugal/affordable way.

If Mejia and Familiar are both contributors at the MLB level and Flores turns into a MLB bat...is it worth it?

you're actually questioning if giving up Mejia, Flores and Familiar is a good deal for the Mets in obtaining Upton? WOW!
    El Oso Blanco

vCash
    Hell yeah that's a good deal for the Mets. If that's all it took Upton would be a Met right now

vCash
    I saw an article recently that said the Indians are interested in Jason Kubel. Considering Lucas Duda is cheaper and can be very similar to Kubel on an AL team, I think the Mets should look into a 3 team deal with the Indians and Diamondbacks.

Duda and Gee to Indians.
    Asdrubal Cabrera and a Mets prospect not named Wheeler or d'Arnaud to Diamonbacks.
    Upton to the Mets.

vCash
    Adam Eaton should be the main target with Parra the consolation prize. Texas will cave for Upton. Parra won a gold glove. Eaton sounds like a young Len Dykstra. One of those guys should be patrolling our OF this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
    Adam Eaton should be the main target with Parra the consolation prize. Texas will cave for Upton. Parra won a gold glove. Eaton sounds like a young Len Dykstra. One of those guys should be patrolling our OF this season.
    If I'm Dbacks, I'd deal Parra.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mhschiefs97 View Post
    I saw an article recently that said the Indians are interested in Jason Kubel. Considering Lucas Duda is cheaper and can be very similar to Kubel on an AL team, I think the Mets should look into a 3 team deal with the Indians and Diamondbacks.

Duda and Gee to Indians.
    Asdrubal Cabrera and a Mets prospect not named Wheeler or d'Arnaud to Diamonbacks.
    Upton to the Mets.
    Sign me up for this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Sign me up for this.
    I think with that idea it could find us spending more for the Indians to trade Cabrera, but than we can offer either Cabrera or Tejada to the D-Backs for one of Eation or Upton. Hell, I'd rather find a way to pry Cabrera from the Indians so that we can make Tejada expendable in a trade for Eaton.

All in all, I think there is some potential for a trade there since the Indians have one of the number one Shortstop prospects in all of baseball with Francisco Lindor.

vCash
    Why wouldnt the indians just trade Cabrera for Upton/Eaton/Kubel? Why would they go through a middle man(the mets)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    Why wouldnt the indians just trade Cabrera for Upton/Eaton/Kubel? Why would they go through a middle man(the mets)?
    I think they would have to include more in a deal for Upton than just Cabrera. We could basically trade for Cabrera and offer him plus more for Upton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    The trade to hopefully get Upton would be
    Mets give: Familia, Flores (who is not needed because the Mets have Wright), and either Mejia. The Mets would be giving up 2 young power arms whom could be a # 2 in Mejia and Familia could be a 2 or 3. Flores which is one of the Mets top prospects and has the potential to be a real power hitting threat but his
    Is this a joke? We'd give up Familia, Flores, and Mejia for Juston Upton? WTF!!!! NO top prospects for a guy like Upton? Joke proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by acousticmike80 View Post

Is this a real question? Are you unsure if it's worth giving up Mejia, Familia, and Flores for Upton? Those are all mediocre at best prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by mhschiefs97 View Post

Duda and Gee to Indians.
    Upton to the Mets.
    Something like this i suppose could happen, although we make out better than the other teams if we only give up Duda, Gee plus 1 lower prospect. I'd suspect that prospect would have to be Syndergaard for it to be worth it to ARI. Although now that they got a SS prospect they like, they probably wouldn't do that anymore... who it's worth trying..

But seriously what's with the other straight up unrealistic proposals? Do we have that many unknowledgable fans here? We will not get Upton for 3 mediocre prospects. LOL just stop.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 01-01-2013 at 10:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan View Post
    I've been very focused on Eaton as a trade target, but I have come to the realization that since the D-Backs have designated him their starting CF for 2013, it is very unlikely that Towers will move him. As a fallback position I was leaning toward A.J. Pollock, but considering Parra, I am now firmly on the fence.

Parra has 4 solid years of MLB experience, something that makes him considerably less risky. But that also means he is under team control only through 2015 while Pollock would be here at least through 2018. They're very similar offensively and defensively - not much power, gap to gap hitters, lots of speed, both would fit in the leadoff spot. Pollock hits righty, which would be nice in the Mets somewhat lefty heavy lineup. But that shouldn't be the deciding factor.

I guess the bottom line is, I'd be ecstatic to get either one in a deal with Arizona.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast