Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Kevin Towers will want alot more than Flores, Familia and whoever unless it's Wheeler perhaps which the Mets won't do. Upton on this team right now is still not a playoff team so that would be bad business IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JG1117 View Post
    The Arizona Diamondbacks have been looking to trade Justin Upton this offseason. Talks about him leaving have calmed down which is the perfect chance for Sandy Alderson to make a phone call and get Upton. Upton had a down year but he would be a perfect fit for the Mets. For one he is good friends with David Wright they are actually from the same town and played for the same little league. Upton plays right field which is a huge hole for the Mets right now and he is a power hitting righty which is also a Mets need.

The trade to hopefully get Upton would be
    Mets give: Familia, Flores (who is not needed because the Mets have Wright), and either Mejia. The Mets would be giving up 2 young power arms whom could be a # 2 in Mejia and Familia could be a 2 or 3. Flores which is one of the Mets top prospects and has the potential to be a real power hitting threat but his glove could use some work.

With this trade the Mets lineup would be

ss- Tejada righty
    2b-Murphy lefty
    3b-Wright righty
    1b-Davis lefty
    rf-Upton righty
    lf-Duda lefty
    c-Buck righty
    cf-Nieuwenhuis lefty
    p
    Are you effin kidding me? Flores, Famila, and Mejia??? LOL

That wouldn't even be close to getting it done dude.... are you serious with that pathetic offer? SA wouldn't embarrass himself by making that proposal.

Damn!

Start with Wheeler or someone of that caliber if we want Upton.

vCash
    Towers, at this point, wants to keep Upton and move Kubel. He'd have to be blown out of the water to change his mind, and I hope we're not about to give him a deal that blows him out of the water, unless we could do it with quantity. I could see offering Familia or Mejia (take your pick) and then Flores, Puello, Tapia and Aderlin. Would that blow him out of the water or would he blow us off?

Actually, I'd really prefer to try to get Adam Eaton from Towers. Eaton is only their #6 prospect, not ranked in baseball's top 100, but he reminds me of a young Alex Gordon. Theoretically, a package of Familia and Flores should be enough, but you never know.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Guys. We are not going to compete for another two years. Even if we did get an Upton, we would not be a playoff caliber team.

We are going to SUCK. I hate to be spreading hopelessness, but that's what it's going to be like to be a Met fan for the next few years. Hopeless.

There's no more magic. The magic left with Reyes. The magic left with Beltran. The magic left with Dickey. The magic left with Santana's velocity. Our bullpen repels magic. We are not ready to win. We won't be for another 2 years of good player development.

So to answer the pleas for Upton, Stanton, *insert stud who we want to trade for so we can put ourselves over the top*-- it's not happening. Nor should it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    Guys. We are not going to compete for another two years. Even if we did get an Upton, we would not be a playoff caliber team.

We are going to SUCK. I hate to be spreading hopelessness, but that's what it's going to be like to be a Met fan for the next few years. Hopeless.

There's no more magic. The magic left with Reyes. The magic left with Beltran. The magic left with Dickey. The magic left with Santana's velocity. Our bullpen repels magic. We are not ready to win. We won't be for another 2 years of good player development.

So to answer the pleas for Upton, Stanton, *insert stud who we want to trade for so we can put ourselves over the top*-- it's not happening. Nor should it.
    Agreed 100%. This is the sad truth. But if all turns out well, we'll have a great rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, Niese, and Syndergaard in the future, with Wright, Ike, and d'Arnaud leading the offense, and hopefully in the next couple yrs we spend money on good hitters, preferably an outfielder or two, and a bullpen... then we can compete in maybe 3 yrs, unfortunately.

vCash
    How is going to be hopeless? I'm going to enjoy watching a bunch of young players with bright futures out there.

Harvey, Wheeler, Niese, Ike, D'Arnaud, Tejada, etc.

vCash
    Not to mention those youngsters trying establish themselves at the major league level.

Nieuwenhuis, Duda, Valdespin, Edgin, Carson, Familia, Mejia, Flores, den Dekker, Elvin Ramirez, Armando Rodriguez, Greg Burke, etc.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    How is going to be hopeless? I'm going to enjoy watching a bunch of young players with bright futures out there.

They will start Buck behind the plate and start Duda in right with the other two misfits not to mention the same ol' crappy pen will be in full force. I think that's what he meant by hopeless. 74 wins would be a pipedream at this point. With the team constructed the way it is and assuming Santana pitches the way he did before he went down last season you're probably looking at a 63-99 2013 campaign.

vCash

Upton For The Mets

Yeah I have to agree that it will be fun watching the 2013 Mets with so many young players trying to make their mark - with absolutely no expectations of winning.

It will feel like year long spring training. And to be honest, I don't think many fans will mind now that the plan does seem more clear.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    I am fine with another evaluation year. It will ensure a protected pick, and this team will finally be rid of all the bad contracts in the next off season. SA is not going to trade young pitching for hitting. His plan has always been to develop a young pitching staff and fill in the hitters with free agent money.

vCash
    The guy from Arizona I am more interested in is actually in their minor league system.

Upton will cost way too much to trade. We can't afford to part with both Familia and Mejia right now after trading Dickey. That would also just be the starting prices for a player such as Upton. Syndergaard, Familia, Mejia and Flores still probably wouldn't be enough.

On the other hand they have Adam Eaton who is an MLB ready outfield prospects. He doesn't have much power but hits for a high average, can steal bases and play very good defense. Only real downside is that he does bat lefty. Now I'm not sure what the Mets would have to give up to get him but I'm sure you wouldn't have to blowup the farm. Maybe something along the line of Familia or Mejia, Puello and Valdespin. I don't know enough about the Diamondbacks to know what they would be looking for but I am sure he can be obtained without giving up Flores, Fulmer or Syndergaard.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post

I agree, April, May, and June will be fun, but if you're not contending after the allstar break, it's never fun, and unless all these kids breakout big time, we won't be.

2014 is the year to look forward to, I hope.

vCash
    Makes too much $$$$ for the Mets who are still cutting payroll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Makes too much $$$$ for the Mets who are still cutting payroll.
    Haha yeah cutting payroll by handing a player 130 million.

You know what you're talking about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Haha yeah cutting payroll by handing a player 130 million.

You know what you're talking about.

Pretending that a long-term deal for a franchise player they could not afford to let get away, is the same as payroll, you know what you're talking about too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast