Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Upton For The Mets

The Arizona Diamondbacks have been looking to trade Justin Upton this offseason. Talks about him leaving have calmed down which is the perfect chance for Sandy Alderson to make a phone call and get Upton. Upton had a down year but he would be a perfect fit for the Mets. For one he is good friends with David Wright they are actually from the same town and played for the same little league. Upton plays right field which is a huge hole for the Mets right now and he is a power hitting righty which is also a Mets need.

The trade to hopefully get Upton would be
    Mets give: Familia, Flores (who is not needed because the Mets have Wright), and either Mejia. The Mets would be giving up 2 young power arms whom could be a # 2 in Mejia and Familia could be a 2 or 3. Flores which is one of the Mets top prospects and has the potential to be a real power hitting threat but his glove could use some work.

With this trade the Mets lineup would be

ss- Tejada righty
    2b-Murphy lefty
    3b-Wright righty
    1b-Davis lefty
    rf-Upton righty
    lf-Duda lefty
    c-Buck righty
    cf-Nieuwenhuis lefty
    p

vCash
    Misleading title is very misleading. (edit: Nevermind. I thought this said Upton TO the Mets).

Also, I very much doubt that trade gets it done. I think you're overvaluing both the pitchers in the trade. Mejia is seen as a 4/5 at best or a possible late innings guy, and Familia is the one most people on this board would tell you is destined for the pen.
    Last edited by Dudeguyy; 12-23-2012 at 11:15 AM.

vCash
    All star and silver slugger for suspects/prospects....I doubt it.

Don't know what the Diamondback's situation is. Are they try g to make room for a can't miss stud, rookie or dump salary???? Otherwise, why should they make this deal????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudeguyy View Post
    Misleading title is very misleading. (edit: Nevermind. I thought this said Upton TO the Mets).

Also, I very much doubt that trade gets it done. I think you're overvaluing both the pitchers in the trade. Mejia is seen as a 4/5 at best or a possible late innings guy, and Familia is the one most people on this board would tell you is destined for the pen.
    Familia has yet to develop his secondary and tertiary pitches. When you consider how live his arm is, his true value and ability is hard to judge until he masters at least one or both of those pitches. That will dictate whether he will be a front line starter with huge upside, or a late inning bullpen guy. As far as the trade goes, I'm not a huge fan of Upton, but if he can be had for Mejia, Flores and a tier 3 prospect or 2 then I would be amenable to it.
    Last edited by METMANYAK; 12-23-2012 at 11:29 AM.

vCash
    No, we could still buy what we need on the open market instead of depleting the farm.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    Familia has yet to develop his secondary and tertiary pitches. When you consider how live his arm is, his true value and ability is hard to judge until he masters at least one or both of those pitches. That will dictate whether he will be a front line starter with huge upside, or a late inning bullpen guy. As far as the trade goes, I'm not a huge fan of Upton, but if he can be had for Mejia, Flores and a tier 3 prospect or 2 then I would be amenable to it.
    His slider is good. His change is below average. Familia's problem is his command.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The-rock-man View Post
    No, we could still buy what we need on the open market instead of depleting the farm.
    I perceive Mejia as superfluous. I just don't see it with him. Flores is logjammed and has no future as a corner infielder on a team with their strengths being just that. That would be the only guys I would move for a guy like Upton.

vCash
    To get Upton we would need to include at least 1 of Niese/Harvey/Wheeler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Which will not happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Which will not happen.
    Especially since Dickey is gone now. Before you could make the case to trade Niese and others for Upton, but not anymore.

vCash
    This thread was dead at birth.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Or maybe Syndergaard?

The Future has arrived! #Knickstape

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung N Fly View Post
    Or maybe Syndergaard?
    No, too far away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung N Fly View Post
    Or maybe Syndergaard?
    Syndergaard wasn't even the center piece in a deal for a 38 year old SP. I doubt he can be the center piece for a 25 year old perennial all star OFer.

vCash
    Newark Star Ledger article described AZ with Ross signing gives them four starting outfielders plus two major league ready guys at AAA. Looks like a good trading partner
    ..so what does AZ need in return. Kubel went 30 93 .253 but had only 1 19 .195 in the past two months so they ate likely to trade him....is he RAlonar again? A guy who suddenly loses his batting stroke just before the Mets overpay for him (see Reardon for EValentine?....Burnitz etc. for Alomar ).
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast