Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Simple Weightloss/New Years Resolution Tips

I'm not looking for any full scale plans on how to lost weight, just looking for quick and short suggestions as to what kinds of food to eat, to avoid, type of exercices, etc...

Thanks
    [CENTER]
    AARON RODGERS

*Super Bowl XLV Champion
    *Super Bowl XLV MVP
    *2011 NFL MVP

vCash
    There are no quick solutions.

Physical fitness is a long term commitment.

vCash
    We don't like your kind around here.

vCash
    You can avoid certain "bad" foods and eat other "good" foods and still put on weight. You need to think of what you eat in the context of both your entire diet as well as your exercise.

To lose weight you need to be at a caloric deficit. Period. Eat less calories than you burn (of any foods) and lose weight.

Track what you eat, if you aren't losing either eat less or exercise more.

Don't look for a quick fix - it's not there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    We don't like your kind around here.
    NOOOOO....They've tracked us here too!

The first thing I thought once I read his post was how much hate he'll get for being a New Year's Resolutioner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    There are no quick solutions.

Physical fitness is a long term commitment.
    New Years Resolutioner's don't get this. Which is why most drop out around February(March at the latest).

I've been moderately into fitness since my freshmen year in high school and heavy into weight lifting for the last 2 years. You can work years and never reach an end, there is always one more step.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebirth67 View Post
    New Years Resolutioner's don't get this. Which is why most drop out around February(March at the latest).

I've been moderately into fitness since my freshmen year in high school and heavy into weight lifting for the last 2 years. You can work years and never reach an end, there is always one more step.
    I work at a gym, and i can say for fact that they don't get it. in the beginning of the year, a whole bunch of new people come in and are like "I just need to lose 5 more pounds" and some of them will actually work hard, and some don't. but then when I talk to them about diet, everything they eat is ****, and when I tell working out isn't enough, and diet is how you lose weight, they never want to believe me, and then around February, they all disappear.

vCash
    Reduced Fat Wheat Thins (Buffalo flavor especially), avoid Rocky Road Ice Cream (Breyers kind), and do lots of leg extensions.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Sorry my message was worded confusing. What I meant by quick is just like a small tip such as eat this, stay away from this, don't do this, do this instead of that. Not a whole big plan, just some things to always keep in the back of my mind.
    [CENTER]
    AARON RODGERS

*Super Bowl XLV Champion
    *Super Bowl XLV MVP
    *2011 NFL MVP

vCash
    For instance, what are the top 5 foods to avoid, and top 5 foods to eat.

I'm a huge cheese fan. Do I really need to cut back on cheese or are some better than others?

That kind of thing. Def. not looking for quick way out. Want a healthier and better overall life.
    [CENTER]
    AARON RODGERS

*Super Bowl XLV Champion
    *Super Bowl XLV MVP
    *2011 NFL MVP

vCash
    Imo, the best foods to eat for working out are meat.

vCash
    Just eat what a caveman would eat

vCash
    Stay away from high salt and high sugar foods, and processed foods. If ur trying to lose weight u gotta consume less calories than you burn, so you need to at least be able to have a rough gauge of how much calories you're eating.

Also, as far as cheese, if you can do nonfat good, if not then at least do low fat, same with all dairy. Certain foods are just really high in fat, and you gotta compromise somewhere with those, what I usually do is low fat, and certain things like yogurt I do nonfat since it really makes no diff to me tastewise.

As far as exercising, I'd say do what you enjoy. Cardio gets you fit and helps shed pounds, where as lifting weights will help you gain mass (good mass). Just depends on what you're trying to do. If you lift, make sure you're eating enough protein, at least 1g per pound of body weight.

The biggest to keep in mind with all of this is the biggest factor in determining your success will be consistency. If you stay consistent you will start seeing the results you want, not right away but trust me they will come. That's why instead of suggesting you jump into it gung ho, I say do what you enjoy, eat what you enjoy, just be aware of it and make the necessary sacrifices to make sure your calories are where they should be. Try and workout 3-4 times a week. Don't get me wrong, the more the better, but at the end of the day its about consistency. Instead of having a mindset of going on a diet or workout binge, have the mindset of making a lifestyle change.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

14. 12-25-2012, 10:02 PM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rwynyc View Post
    why not add something useful or please post pics of your adonis body for all of us to marvel at

so many cocksuckers behind keyboards on this site
    Actually, a lot of people in the fitness section are in really good shape.

So...

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hgtiger32 View Post
    For instance, what are the top 5 foods to avoid, and top 5 foods to eat.

I'm a huge cheese fan. Do I really need to cut back on cheese or are some better than others?

That kind of thing. Def. not looking for quick way out. Want a healthier and better overall life.
    Honestly to lose weight just eat less food. It doesn't really matter what you eat as long as it's mostly not processed junk.

Track your weight weekly and count all calories you consume. Eat less food each week until you lose between 1-2 lbs a week. Continue eating that amount of calories and you will lose weight.

17. 12-26-2012, 07:00 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast