Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    I actually dont really hate Swisher, he just irritates me with the way he acts at times.
    Exactly. I don't hate him. I rooted for him a lot. But he irked me with his act badly.

And missing that flyball may have cost us a title, as you never know how momentum swings.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Bummer. The Core Be No More.

vCash
    Here's why I have "beef" with Swisher:

Going on and on about his love for New York and how he and his wife were rich and the new deal wouldnt be about money.....then wants a Werth type contract.

Then he goes on about how it hurt to be booed. Well, Nick, if you and your fellow teammates weren't God awful offensively, maybe you wouldnt be booed. It's part of sports though and if you dont like it, dont play.

The standing at home plate smiling after he struck out and proceeding to walk to the dugout smiling and shaking his head is what bothered me the most. I dont think cutting his wrists was necessary, but show SOME negative emotion. I understand that you need to forget mistakes often in sports, having played them myself, but come on. How often do you see Jeter smile after flubbing in a big spot? How about Miggy? Pujols? Fielder? Votto? Trout?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I don't ever HATE a player. But I do HATE having certain players.

Such as Fred. I fkn HATED having him in pinstripes. It was embarrassing.

Now, many players irritate the crap out of me such as Swisher, who by watching almost every single game, shows me he is the definition of a stat compiler while offering nothing to be better than average.

Sourpuss was the same way for me. I can't stand his face. I think he's incredibly overrated, although his stats say otherwise. I wouldn't trust him in a huge game ever.

Gardner, although fun to watch run, drives me fkn insane with his slappy vagina swing.

Arod, while a repeat choker, still single handedly won us a ring and generated hundreds of millions for our team to sign or retain other big names. So he gets a pass in my book.

Cano, when on his game, is one of the best hitters I ever saw. But he doesn't resonate well with fans for some reason. I think he's on his way out.

I feel better now...
    Merry Christmas Leo and well said.

Especially your last point.

I think it's because while he has an extraordinarily high talent potential he is extremely lazy, lethargic, unfocused, and just downright dumb at times. Mwhat compounds this is that stupid a-sed open mouth gape he wears after he chokes repeatedly in the clutch. I hope your prescience on this matter turns out correctly.....

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash

Going on and on about his love for New York and how he and his wife were rich and the new deal wouldnt be about money.....then wants a Werth type contract.

Then he goes on about how it hurt to be booed. Well, Nick, if you and your fellow teammates weren't God awful offensively, maybe you wouldnt be booed. It's part of sports though and if you dont like it, dont play.

The standing at home plate smiling after he struck out and proceeding to walk to the dugout smiling and shaking his head is what bothered me the most. I dont think cutting his wrists was necessary, but show SOME negative emotion. I understand that you need to forget mistakes often in sports, having played them myself, but come on. How often do you see Jeter smile after flubbing in a big spot? How about Miggy? Pujols? Fielder? Votto? Trout?
    Smiling or acting goofy after a big failure is a defense mechanism for choking or losing. It's like the cool guy who gets dumped by his girl and then says, " Oh, she was a **** anyway." Just to be cool.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Merry Christmas Leo and well said.

Especially your last point.

I think it's because while he has an extraordinarily high talent potential he is extremely lazy, lethargic, unfocused, and just downright dumb at times. Mwhat compounds this is that stupid a-sed open mouth gape he wears after he chokes repeatedly in the clutch. I hope your prescience on this matter turns out correctly.....
    Merry Christmas to you as we'll, my friend.

I know you can't stand Bob......but he's incredibly talented. I still think a steroid rap in his future. Not sure how many people have been close to him, but I was and he is enormous.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash

Jeter always seems to have a smirk on his face

vCash
    I am not sure why this topic is so polarizing, but its interesting nonetheless. I think it was great that we had Swisher when we did. We bought low, and got very good production out of him. He was a plus assett to the team.

Now, however, he is overrated and overvalued and his new contract says that. I have been a HUGE proponent of letting Swisher go. Not because I hate him (though he does irritate me at times) but because even at his BEST he is not worth his new contract. And guess what, his next 4 years will not be as good as his last 4. That's a fact.
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassł
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    Another interesting topic that comes up in this discussion is the idea of hometown discount. To start with, I don't think too many players take much of a discount to stay. But more than that, I'm not sure Cashman has the ability to even begin to come close to the Indians money. For all we know if Cash had offered 4 years / 48 million Swisher would have taken it and returned. But I doubt he had the option to do that. And to be fair, in an offseason where Victorino gets 39 million, I don't think Swisher's contract is all that insane.

vCash
    lol yeah boo swisher how dare he go somewhere else where they paid him more money, Im sure everyone here would stay at minimum wage in their job because they cant afford to pay them a fair contract , they would never leave to some other job doing the same thing getting more money in their hometown......

Its easy to rip peoples decisions when its not yours!

vCash
    oh and if swisher only pouted after making an error everyone would be getting on him for not turning the page and forgetting about it as easy as Jeter, cause Jeter is the model of how to play the game...............

If everyone were playing like derek jeter then we might as well just play robots outthere and all be the same, Everyone should have their own personality , its what makes the game enjoyable, you may not like the antics of x or y player but to want them to all play like one player is the stupidest thing ever. If in my job everyone worked and reacted like one person it would be the most boring thing ever.

vCash
    Totally gonna defend Swish here, at least on the smiling when K'ing thing.

Some players, like Swisher, need to be more upbeat. It helps deal with failure. They always know they'll get another at bat, so why yell and scream at the umpire and try to show him up negatively? Some players just laugh at a bad call or what they think is a bad call. Hell, I used to do the same when I played in college. It's better than striking out and throwing your helmet and yelling at everyone. It may not look professional, but neither does yelling and cursing.

As fans, we don't want a player to just walk back with a poker face to the dugout after striking out in a big spot or whatever, we wanna see emotion. I definitely wanna see that the player cares, but his smiling is just his way of showing emotion. Guaranteed he was not actually happy when he would do that.

vCash
    fans will find stupid things to criticize a player they dont like, they would criticize if he would keep calm and head back to the dugout also, fans are stupid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Jeter always seems to have a smirk on his face
    Jeter doesn't do it to the extent of Swisher or even close and Jeter has won how many rings? Im a little less likely to rag on him for things. They were team efforts, I get that, but even so. On top of that, he's a Hall of Famer and a Yankee legend, Im willing to give him more room.

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    oh and if swisher only pouted after making an error everyone would be getting on him for not turning the page and forgetting about it as easy as Jeter, cause Jeter is the model of how to play the game...............

If everyone were playing like derek jeter then we might as well just play robots outthere and all be the same, Everyone should have their own personality , its what makes the game enjoyable, you may not like the antics of x or y player but to want them to all play like one player is the stupidest thing ever. If in my job everyone worked and reacted like one person it would be the most boring thing ever.
    I don't think anyone suggested everyone be Derek Jeter. If Swisher did pout I certainly wouldn't get mad. He's being paid millions of dollars, and he should have fun, but when you continually make a fool of yourself maybe you should smile a tad less.

Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    Totally gonna defend Swish here, at least on the smiling when K'ing thing.

Some players, like Swisher, need to be more upbeat. It helps deal with failure. They always know they'll get another at bat, so why yell and scream at the umpire and try to show him up negatively? Some players just laugh at a bad call or what they think is a bad call. Hell, I used to do the same when I played in college. It's better than striking out and throwing your helmet and yelling at everyone. It may not look professional, but neither does yelling and cursing.

As fans, we don't want a player to just walk back with a poker face to the dugout after striking out in a big spot or whatever, we wanna see emotion. I definitely wanna see that the player cares, but his smiling is just his way of showing emotion. Guaranteed he was not actually happy when he would do that.
    Im sure he wasn't and you make a valid point. I tend to laugh things off at times too with sports, but EVERY time? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    fans will find stupid things to criticize a player they dont like, they would criticize if he would keep calm and head back to the dugout also, fans are stupid
    Im assuming you're more or less calling me stupid, which isn't true in the slightest. If he kept calm I wouldn't criticize him. If he got mad I wouldn't criticize him.

The laughing irks me, though. It just comes off as "haha shucks, oh well!"

vCash
    I hope those irritated by his easy going approach don't ***** about Youk throwing a temper tantrum after every close call.

vCash
    I don't get the point of a thread about a player signing with another team. Who cares?

All this has turned into is a swisher love/hate thread.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast