Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    :cry:

vCash
    Swisher is a solid player. His contribution during the regular season will likely be missed. Having said that:

Take your smiles and loud music to Cleveland. Im not going to miss your stupid tendency to walk to the dugout smiling an shaking your head after you inevitably failed in the post season. Im not going to miss your idiocy in the OF at times and Im not going to miss you complaining about the fans booing you and whatnot.

Bye bye

vCash
    I find it funny that most people here hate Swisher and act like this is no loss, yet he probably was the third best player on this roster last year. He was ahead of guys like CC, Arod, Mo, Jeter, Teix, Kuroda, and even Itchy. Only two that were better were Cano and Grandy. I'm not overvaluing him, it's just the facts. Plus, he was very consistent. We knew he would do well in the regular season, but would suck in the postseason.

vCash
    I remember Swish for MISPLAYING those to routine balls that cost us a playoff game.......BYE!!!!

vCash
    Good riddance!!

MAP --- Most Annoying Player [ever]

Go pie Chris Perez in the face...

vCash
    Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) tweeted at 10:26 AM on Sun, Dec 23, 2012:

The bottom line: Without draft pick compensation, players like Swisher/LaRoche/Soriano/Lohse/Bourn would be priced differently in market.

Texas and Boston would of signed Swisher to more money but did not want to lose a Draft pick to the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I find it funny that most people here hate Swisher and act like this is no loss, yet he probably was the third best player on this roster last year. He was ahead of guys like CC, Arod, Mo, Jeter, Teix, Kuroda, and even Itchy. Only two that were better were Cano and Grandy. I'm not overvaluing him, it's just the facts. Plus, he was very consistent. We knew he would do well in the regular season, but would suck in the postseason.
    Yeah. I'm kind of shocked how people simply have a blind hatred towards Swisher and refuse to acknowledge how valuable an asset he was to this team.

vCash
    To answer the draft pick question, I believe Yanks get a sandwich pick at end of first round no matter who signs em.

Cleveland loses second round pick cause first ten picks in first round are protected.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Genius to offer him the 13.3 mil gambling he wouldn't take it.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

The Ace.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    To answer the draft pick question, I believe Yanks get a sandwich pick at end of first round no matter who signs em.

Cleveland loses second round pick cause first ten picks in first round are protected.
    Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Yeah. I'm kind of shocked how people simply have a blind hatred towards Swisher and refuse to acknowledge how valuable an asset he was to this team.
    Ahead of Jeter?

1 MORE PUPIL!

vCash
    His persona will be missed in many ways. If nothing else, he brought some energy and fun and Tweets. Best wishes to him... except against the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HansumJay View Post
    Ahead of Jeter?
    Depends on if you're talking on field production or marketting. Over the last few seasons Swisher has posted a wOBA of .370. That's pretty damn good. His post season antics have sullied his reputation here, but we shouldn't be overlooking the production this guy has given us.

vCash
    Now he can go watch fastballs whiz by him for strikes in Cleveland.

vCash
    Good player over the course of the regular season. Worst playoff performer I have ever seen, year after year he absolutely sucked in October, a complete disappointment and non factor over and over.

But he did help get us there.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast