Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    what was Swisher before he came here? A 211 hitter just barley hanging on to making a team and the Yanks took a chance.......... Cleveland's Lineup isn't that good which means Swisher's smile will be a big frown
    swishers career didnt start in 08 though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    swishers career didnt start in 08 though
    but for you to say someone is done and Swisher is the answer to it all.... we just don't share the same opinion....that's all

vCash
    Swisher said he hopes some of that Yankee magic comes with him with the Indians...FWIW, maybe Swisher was somewhat successful with the Yankees cause he was sandwiched between good hitters in the lineup...do the Indians have such a lineup? Interesting to watch how he does under those conditions and then make comparisons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    We have different viewpoints. I'm not trying to say Ichiro will put up better numbers than Swisher. I mean, it's not a guarantee Swisher will, but I'm still not arguing that.

I'm simply trying to say our lineup is less one-dimensional with Swisher. And it is. And it will be proven successful, especially in the post season.
    again, assuming ichiro doen't plauy like the 39 year old he is. just dropping swisher does not help if the guy who replaces him declines back to what he was at the beginning of last season
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    again, assuming ichiro doen't plauy like the 39 year old he is. just dropping swisher does not help if the guy who replaces him declines back to what he was at the beginning of last season
    Ichiro is not the only guy who will help make up for Swisher's production. It will be a platoon of many guys in right field. One guy who I think Cashman has yet to acquire, but will before the season starts.

vCash
    Swisher is in Cleveland. Comedy.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak2455 View Post
    but for you to say someone is done and Swisher is the answer to it all.... we just don't share the same opinion....that's all
    i didnt say either , im just following their trend in production based on my projections, Swisher will have a better all around year than ichiro, ichiro will continue to decline, swisher has been consistent through out his career, ichiro too but the trends in production off late ichiro is almost close to the finish line while swisher is still long years away

vCash
    Ichiro is not the only guy who will help make up for Swisher's production. It will be a platoon of many guys in right field. One guy who I think Cashman has yet to acquire, but will before the season starts.
    which combined, will liekly be inferior to swisher. its a downgrade whether eveyrone who dislikes swisher want to admit it or not. swisher may not be the best outfielder, buts he;s going to be bette rthan what we trot out in right field this year

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    which combined, will liekly be inferior to swisher. its a downgrade whether eveyrone who dislikes swisher want to admit it or not. swisher may not be the best outfielder, buts he;s going to be bette rthan what we trot out in right field this year
    I really hate to agree with this but unfortunately.....

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I really hate to agree with this but unfortunately.....
    you don't have to like the guy to realize we don't have better options

vCash
    you don't have to like the guy to realize we don't have better options
    Sorry, I think if Girardi plays his cards right our right field combo will surpass Swishers value

vCash
    Sorry, I think if Girardi plays his cards right our right field combo will surpass Swishers value
    Look, I can't stand Swisher either.

But how is ANY Girardi strategy going to make guys production value go up if they don't seemingly possess the natural talent in the first place.

Heck, I'd love to see Morse in pinstripes but Washington would have to be flat out batsh&t crazy to deal him for any set of prospects we could muster.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    Swisher is in Cleveland. Comedy.
    Welcome to the Cuyahoga faithful, Swish lol.

He'll be missing it here eventually

vCash
    Itchy vs Swisher

Arm - Itchy
    Glove - Itchy
    Legs - Itchy
    Batter - Itchy
    Contact -itchy
    Intangibles - itchy
    HR - Swish
    Walks - Swish

Itchy wins in a landslide. We don't need anymore hr, nor walks by a slow mutant.

What we do need is a lead off hitter, a clutch guy and a guy who won't miss flyballs to lose a playoff game.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Message to Hal: SIGN EVERYONE.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast