Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 304
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    13,656
    vCash
    1500
    Slick! LOL

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Full year of Gardner is 10X the upgrade Yanks will ever need.
    except he is playing left. ichiro/diaz is playing right. plus gardner offers no pwoere at all. we are going to have one of the softest hitting out fields next year. we had 2 outfield holes coming into the offseason, gardner fills only one
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  3. #228
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    except he is playing left. ichiro/diaz is playing right. plus gardner offers no pwoere at all. we are going to have one of the softest hitting out fields next year. we had 2 outfield holes coming into the offseason, gardner fills only one
    Here we go again with the "lack of power" argument.

    How would you feel if your team only wins games by hitting home runs? When it comes to good pitching in the post season, that will seriously hurt you.

    With Gardner and Ichiro in the lineup, Yanks have the ability to:

    1. Steal bases
    2. Go from 1st to 3rd on a single
    3. Move guys by bunting
    4. Manufacture runs....sac fly or squeeze plays
    5. Stellar outfield defense

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Those things NEVER, EVER, EVER, happened last year. EVER.

    By not signing Swisher, we finally have a flexible spot in our lineup where we can add such a player.

    It also makes the team fun to watch. This is what baseball is all about

    FUNDAMENTALS

    I'm not repeating myself again. Not signing Swisher is the BEST move of the offseason, and maybe of Cashman's tenure as the GM.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Here we go again with the "lack of power" argument.

    How would you feel if your team only wins games by hitting home runs? When it comes to good pitching in the post season, that will seriously hurt you.

    With Gardner and Ichiro in the lineup, Yanks have the ability to:

    1. Steal bases
    2. Go from 1st to 3rd on a single
    3. Move guys by bunting
    4. Manufacture runs....sac fly or squeeze plays
    5. Stellar outfield defense

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Those things NEVER, EVER, EVER, happened last year. EVER.

    By not signing Swisher, we finally have a flexible spot in our lineup where we can add such a player.

    It also makes the team fun to watch. This is what baseball is all about

    FUNDAMENTALS

    I'm not repeating myself again. Not signing Swisher is the BEST move of the offseason, and maybe of Cashman's tenure as the GM.
    thats assuming garnder is fine after an inujury that kept him otu all of last year and that a 39 year old ichiro doesnt play like a 39 year old. this lineup is going to be weak with or without swisher next year, but my point was simple. anyone not names hamilton was a donwgrade from swisher that was available this year. we did not get either, we downgraded, simple as that
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  5. #230
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    thats assuming garnder is fine after an inujury that kept him otu all of last year and that a 39 year old ichiro doesnt play like a 39 year old. this lineup is going to be weak with or without swisher next year, but my point was simple. anyone not names hamilton was a donwgrade from swisher that was available this year. we did not get either, we downgraded, simple as that
    Nope, didn't downgrade at all. Good talk.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,278
    vCash
    1500
    gardner sucks as a bunter and ichiro will not live up to expectations

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    24,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    gardner sucks as a bunter and ichiro will not live up to expectations
    how do you know? tell me the lotto numbers please Since your in a predicting mode I think Swisher will be lost in Cleveland ......watch how he does wo a deep lineup protecting him

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    21,278
    vCash
    1500
    swisher will have a swisher year , maybe less RBIS but he will have a productive year as hes had all his career. Ichiro is older and will follow his decline, he had a short hot streak in NY and that apparently was enough to convince fans hes still got it even though for a stretch he also didnt do much other than a single every game

    I guess we will win with a single a game now

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Nope, didn't downgrade at all. Good talk.
    really? you do realize ichiro sucked last year before coming to the yanks right? why do you seem so sure he will not revert back tot hat at his age? it's possible his yankee time was a hot streak and he could be terrible again


    say what you want, it was certianly a downgrade
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  10. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    24,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    swisher will have a swisher year , maybe less RBIS but he will have a productive year as hes had all his career. Ichiro is older and will follow his decline, he had a short hot streak in NY and that apparently was enough to convince fans hes still got it even though for a stretch he also didnt do much other than a single every game

    I guess we will win with a single a game now
    what was Swisher before he came here? A 211 hitter just barley hanging on to making a team and the Yanks took a chance.......... Cleveland's Lineup isn't that good which means Swisher's smile will be a big frown

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    swisher will have a swisher year , maybe less RBIS but he will have a productive year as hes had all his career. Ichiro is older and will follow his decline, he had a short hot streak in NY and that apparently was enough to convince fans hes still got it even though for a stretch he also didnt do much other than a single every game

    I guess we will win with a single a game now
    bingo
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  12. #237
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,332
    vCash
    1500
    I can't believe everyone is still fighting about a player who's not on this team anymore.

    It's hilarious.


  13. #238
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I can't believe everyone is still fighting about a player who's not on this team anymore.

    It's hilarious.

    lets see how funny it is when he out produced our right field tandem this year
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  14. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Northport Long Island NY
    Posts
    24,810
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I can't believe everyone is still fighting about a player who's not on this team anymore.

    It's hilarious.


  15. #240
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    swisher will have a swisher year , maybe less RBIS but he will have a productive year as hes had all his career. Ichiro is older and will follow his decline, he had a short hot streak in NY and that apparently was enough to convince fans hes still got it even though for a stretch he also didnt do much other than a single every game

    I guess we will win with a single a game now
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    really? you do realize ichiro sucked last year before coming to the yanks right? why do you seem so sure he will not revert back tot hat at his age? it's possible his yankee time was a hot streak and he could be terrible again


    say what you want, it was certianly a downgrade
    We have different viewpoints. I'm not trying to say Ichiro will put up better numbers than Swisher. I mean, it's not a guarantee Swisher will, but I'm still not arguing that.

    I'm simply trying to say our lineup is less one-dimensional with Swisher. And it is. And it will be proven successful, especially in the post season.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •