Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Slick! LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Full year of Gardner is 10X the upgrade Yanks will ever need.
    except he is playing left. ichiro/diaz is playing right. plus gardner offers no pwoere at all. we are going to have one of the softest hitting out fields next year. we had 2 outfield holes coming into the offseason, gardner fills only one
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    except he is playing left. ichiro/diaz is playing right. plus gardner offers no pwoere at all. we are going to have one of the softest hitting out fields next year. we had 2 outfield holes coming into the offseason, gardner fills only one
    Here we go again with the "lack of power" argument.

How would you feel if your team only wins games by hitting home runs? When it comes to good pitching in the post season, that will seriously hurt you.

With Gardner and Ichiro in the lineup, Yanks have the ability to:

1. Steal bases
    2. Go from 1st to 3rd on a single
    3. Move guys by bunting
    4. Manufacture runs....sac fly or squeeze plays
    5. Stellar outfield defense

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Those things NEVER, EVER, EVER, happened last year. EVER.

By not signing Swisher, we finally have a flexible spot in our lineup where we can add such a player.

It also makes the team fun to watch. This is what baseball is all about

FUNDAMENTALS

I'm not repeating myself again. Not signing Swisher is the BEST move of the offseason, and maybe of Cashman's tenure as the GM.

vCash
    Here we go again with the "lack of power" argument.

How would you feel if your team only wins games by hitting home runs? When it comes to good pitching in the post season, that will seriously hurt you.

With Gardner and Ichiro in the lineup, Yanks have the ability to:

1. Steal bases
    2. Go from 1st to 3rd on a single
    3. Move guys by bunting
    4. Manufacture runs....sac fly or squeeze plays
    5. Stellar outfield defense

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Those things NEVER, EVER, EVER, happened last year. EVER.

By not signing Swisher, we finally have a flexible spot in our lineup where we can add such a player.

It also makes the team fun to watch. This is what baseball is all about

FUNDAMENTALS

I'm not repeating myself again. Not signing Swisher is the BEST move of the offseason, and maybe of Cashman's tenure as the GM.
    thats assuming garnder is fine after an inujury that kept him otu all of last year and that a 39 year old ichiro doesnt play like a 39 year old. this lineup is going to be weak with or without swisher next year, but my point was simple. anyone not names hamilton was a donwgrade from swisher that was available this year. we did not get either, we downgraded, simple as that

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    thats assuming garnder is fine after an inujury that kept him otu all of last year and that a 39 year old ichiro doesnt play like a 39 year old. this lineup is going to be weak with or without swisher next year, but my point was simple. anyone not names hamilton was a donwgrade from swisher that was available this year. we did not get either, we downgraded, simple as that
    Nope, didn't downgrade at all. Good talk.

vCash
    gardner sucks as a bunter and ichiro will not live up to expectations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    gardner sucks as a bunter and ichiro will not live up to expectations
    how do you know? tell me the lotto numbers please Since your in a predicting mode I think Swisher will be lost in Cleveland ......watch how he does wo a deep lineup protecting him

vCash
    swisher will have a swisher year , maybe less RBIS but he will have a productive year as hes had all his career. Ichiro is older and will follow his decline, he had a short hot streak in NY and that apparently was enough to convince fans hes still got it even though for a stretch he also didnt do much other than a single every game

I guess we will win with a single a game now

vCash
    Nope, didn't downgrade at all. Good talk.
    really? you do realize ichiro sucked last year before coming to the yanks right? why do you seem so sure he will not revert back tot hat at his age? it's possible his yankee time was a hot streak and he could be terrible again

say what you want, it was certianly a downgrade

vCash
    swisher will have a swisher year , maybe less RBIS but he will have a productive year as hes had all his career. Ichiro is older and will follow his decline, he had a short hot streak in NY and that apparently was enough to convince fans hes still got it even though for a stretch he also didnt do much other than a single every game

what was Swisher before he came here? A 211 hitter just barley hanging on to making a team and the Yanks took a chance.......... Cleveland's Lineup isn't that good which means Swisher's smile will be a big frown

vCash

bingo

vCash
    I can't believe everyone is still fighting about a player who's not on this team anymore.

It's hilarious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    I can't believe everyone is still fighting about a player who's not on this team anymore.

It's hilarious.

lets see how funny it is when he out produced our right field tandem this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post

It's hilarious.

vCash

really? you do realize ichiro sucked last year before coming to the yanks right? why do you seem so sure he will not revert back tot hat at his age? it's possible his yankee time was a hot streak and he could be terrible again

say what you want, it was certianly a downgrade
    We have different viewpoints. I'm not trying to say Ichiro will put up better numbers than Swisher. I mean, it's not a guarantee Swisher will, but I'm still not arguing that.

I'm simply trying to say our lineup is less one-dimensional with Swisher. And it is. And it will be proven successful, especially in the post season.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast