Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Fair enough.

And I certainly am not a massive fan of all of Cashman's moves either. And this offseason irks me as well.
    And' to be honest, I'm still REALLY upset about not seriously engaging for Halladay when the opportunity arose.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    And' to be honest, I'm still REALLY upset about not seriously engaging for Halladay when the opportunity arose.
    ^^ Talk about holding a grudge ^^

vCash
    Hey, I still want Dan Haren.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Hey, I still want Dan Haren.
    I would've taken him this offseason, warts and all, but was shouted down for that too.

I guess Youkilis represents franchise vision going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    ^^ Talk about holding a grudge ^^
    My favorite player in the game. Best arm in the game. We didn't even try.

vCash
    Sorry for your situation. The DT's are a b--ch.

My original point is beIng lost in the minutaeofthis so I'll state it once again.

Everyone is acting Leary (and somewhat rightfully so) of Hamiltons personal history while ignoring his work history but then those very same people (I'm not referring to you ry) turn around and preach to back off on Pineda and Joba as bad personal choices. The double standard is a joke IMO.
    Who is this "everyone" you speak of that is saying to back off Pineda and Joba for their DUIs? Those guys are idiots for drinking and driving. But just because they're idiots doesn't mean we have to add a third idiot (Hamilton) to the stable, even if he's an idiot capable of hitting 40 HRs when he's healthy.

vCash
    My favorite player in the game. Best arm in the game. We didn't even try.
    How do you know we didn't try?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    Who is this "everyone" you speak of that is saying to back off Pineda and Joba for their DUIs? Those guys are idiots for drinking and driving. But just because they're idiots doesn't mean we have to add a third idiot (Hamilton) to the stable, even if he's an idiot capable of hitting 40 HRs when he's healthy.
    Then let's look at Pinedas and Joba's work history only. Those look good right now?

vCash
    Then let's look at Pinedas and Joba's work history only. Those look good right now?
    What does that have to do with the question? You said there was a "double standard" at play with people letting Joba and Pineda off the hook for their drinking. I asked you who these people were, not for a comparison of "work histories." Obviously, Hamilton has accomplished more than Joba and Pineda, which is why he's set to make $125,000,000 and the two of them together will barely crack $2,000,000.

vCash
    i'm sorry but i would never give 125 million dollars to a former junkie. I've seen my fair share of crackheads. I've treated several, the statistics are not in the yankees favor if they did that.
    I agree with ry on this fact if we are going to over pay for someone it might as well be cano.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    What does that have to do with the question? You said there was a "double standard" at play with people letting Joba and Pineda off the hook for their drinking. I asked you who these people were, not for a comparison of "work histories." Obviously, Hamilton has accomplished more than Joba and Pineda, which is why he's set to make $125,000,000 and the two of them together will barely crack $2,000,000.
    Yet we sacrificed a salary controlled prized prospect for a bum and that's where work history comes in. Montero was held out of negotiations over Halladay, Haren and who knows who else. Your constant thinking of this as a black white issue belies the fact that we way overvalued and overhyped, yet again, only to take a paupers return on what could have been a brilliant, cost controlled career in pinstripes.

Unless of course you feel Michael Pineda has been a brilliant acquisition.

vCash
    Yet we sacrificed a salary controlled prized prospect for a bum and that's where work history comes in. Montero was held out of negotiations over Halladay, Haren and who knows who else. Your constant thinking of this as a black white issue belies the fact that we way overvalued and overhyped, yet again, only to take a paupers return on what could have been a brilliant, cost controlled career in pinstripes.

Unless of course you feel Michael Pineda has been a brilliant acquisition.
    The idea in bringing Pineda back was a young, cost controlled pitcher.

It isn't black and white and I do feel at times you come at the issues from both sides. You keep bringing up work history. And that's fine. But they guys with work histories aren't cheap. The cost controlled guys are inherantly going to have a smaller work history than a guy on the cusp of a huge payday.

vCash
    difference between Joba & pineida and Hamilton is Joba and pineida made a mistake and at the moment its been that only mistake, Hamilton has had many relapses. We are humans and we make errors in life, I know I have . But everyone deserves a second chance, Hamilton though has had many second chances and for the price + history warrants a bigger concern therefore I do not get why he should be compared to Joba and pineida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    difference between Joba & pineida and Hamilton is Joba and pineida made a mistake and at the moment its been that only mistake, Hamilton has had many relapses. We are humans and we make errors in life, I know I have . But everyone deserves a second chance, Hamilton though has had many second chances and for the price + history warrants a bigger concern therefore I do not get why he should be compared to Joba and pineida
    Bingo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    So we're now excusing Joba and Pineda as one time stupid decisions?

Exactly what I meant before.

Look, my glass house is flimsier than most and I'm not pontificating as a MADD public service announcement. But let's be fair. Joba has had 6 seasons to get it together. That's a pretty good work sample, not the small sample size you are attempting to put forth. Now I will certainly agree that Cashmans constant flip-flopping on Chamberlains role has had as much of a detrimental effect on his development than anything Joba has done to himself but the resume is what it is at this point and it's NOT one year of failure.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast