Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    Look, I can't stand Swisher either.

But how is ANY Girardi strategy going to make guys production value go up if they don't seemingly possess the natural talent in the first place.

Heck, I'd love to see Morse in pinstripes but Washington would have to be flat out batsh&t crazy to deal him for any set of prospects we could muster.
    Its called playing the numbers. Your not starting Ichiro if he's a career 0-17 against the pitcher. Diaz, who I remember very well with the Braves, is going to hit lefties well. Playing for the Yanks as added incentive to do well also helps. A combo of all these guys, if played correctly by Girardi, will get the job done.

vCash
    ichiro is all name, the love for him is too much, we will see come all star break

vCash
    oh yeah theres no way a combo of diaz + ichiro will have better numbers than swisher at the end of the year

vCash
    The right porch in Yankee stadium seems to ruin mediocre players.

They get a little bit of success, become obsessive pull hitters and once the playoffs come around decent scouting is able to marginalize them. I kind of blame Kevin Long for not having decent hitters meetings with these guys.

Having said that, I'd like to hear what happened to Cano this past off season. It's completely baffling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    oh yeah theres no way a combo of diaz + ichiro will have better numbers than swisher at the end of the year
    I have to agree.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee View Post
    Its called playing the numbers. Your not starting Ichiro if he's a career 0-17 against the pitcher. Diaz, who I remember very well with the Braves, is going to hit lefties well. Playing for the Yanks as added incentive to do well also helps. A combo of all these guys, if played correctly by Girardi, will get the job done.
    TY, you are assuming that those combinations of guys will hit at the high part of their talent and therefore produce the desirable results. Inconsistant playing time, disrupting guys positional rhythm, inability to gauge when guys are hitting at their high cycle all but doom your hopes of platooning better production than we lost.

Believe me, I can't stand looking at Swisher any more than you, and I'm a fan of his support for the troops but he will be missed.

I gotta say though, I love the sig.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Sorry, I think if Girardi plays his cards right our right field combo will surpass Swishers value
    odds are greatly against that, he can pl;ay his cards anyway he wants, swisher is just better than the guys we have
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 11 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    ichiro is all name, the love for him is too much, we will see come all star break
    yup

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals (May 2014)

vCash
    you never know. swisher could get hit by a bus or something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Yeah I don't like that trade off if I'm an Indians fan.
    You do know who's Choo agent is right? look it up. They are going to ask for more then what Swisher did, Indians were not going to sign Choo even if they kept him. Swisher is a much better run producer also. So yes I like the trade off.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Swishers best season stat wise was with the A's. sooo... ya
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    The
    Thread
    That
    Won't
    Die
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

vCash
    This is the thread that doesn't end
    Yes it goes on and on my friend

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Swishers best season stat wise was with the A's. sooo... ya
    So are you trying to say he's in decline? Thanks. I knew his already.

vCash
    TY.....your sig is just perfection. That and the dude that has the Arod hurricane is genius.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Jake. Future Buffet Champion and New Leo ManCrush.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast