Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i hope the indians get to the post season and the yankees dont

vCash
    So many people wasting their breath on Swisher. Lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    i hope the indians get to the post season and the yankees dont
    This will probably be the only time Swisher will ever help us in the post season if we have to face them.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    This will probably be the only time Swisher will ever help us in the post season if we have to face them.
    Hahahahaha

vCash
    moral of the story here

will we miss swish, yes
    will we better without him probably not
    is he a casualty of 189 absolutely
    is it smart giving him 5-70 probably not

good decision based upon circumstances.

as for RY you said something about you think cash hasn't done a good job this off season, given the financial restraints there wasn't much room for flexiblity. Signing youk to an overpriced deal probably a rash decision because of arod getting hurt. I'm just not sure what else the yankees could have done here? Martin was a casualty of 189, same with swish.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    moral of the story here

will we miss swish, yes
    will we better without him probably not
    is he a casualty of 189 absolutely
    is it smart giving him 5-70 probably not

good decision based upon circumstances.

as for RY you said something about you think cash hasn't done a good job this off season, given the financial restraints there wasn't much room for flexiblity. Signing youk to an overpriced deal probably a rash decision because of arod getting hurt. I'm just not sure what else the yankees could have done here? Martin was a casualty of 189, same with swish.
    AJ would have commanded the same salary as his positional predecessor in Martin and been a definite offensive upgrade.

Hamilton COULD have been a major upgrade if they were willing to part with Granderson or Cano especially give Cano's impending FA. This is not a no brainer but certainly no riskier than trading away your top offensive prospect in the better part of a decade for a guy blowin 1.8's on a DUI during rehab.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    AJ would have commanded the same salary as his positional predecessor in Martin and been a definite offensive upgrade.

Hamilton COULD have been a major upgrade if they were willing to part with Granderson or Cano especially give Cano's impending FA. This is not a no brainer but certainly no riskier than trading away your top offensive prospect in the better part of a decade for a guy blowin 1.8's on a DUI during rehab.
    So, wait, you don't want Pineda because he got a DUI but you do want Josh Hamilton? There's irony there somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    So, wait, you don't want Pineda because he got a DUI but you do want Josh Hamilton? There's irony there somewhere.
    Also Pineda had that injury history....

vCash

You're overvaluing Montero. Pineda was a monster until the inning caught up a bit. I thought the trade was ballsy for sure but the upside was Besides, Montero had nowhere to play and they couldn't keep him in the minors. They sold high on him.
    Last edited by NYY09; 12-26-2012 at 07:14 PM.

vCash
    Uh.....I said COULD have been a good signing.

And I believe Josh Hamilton has a much, much more verifiable work history then a guy who went out on injury rehab before he trew one solitary MLB inning and then proceeded to tank the breath test while supposedly in rehab and recovery.

So, yes, thee is a real bitter irony embedded in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Also Pineda had that injury history....
    Pineda wasnt shut down two years ago???????????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    You're overvaluing Montero. Pineda was a monster until the inning caught up a bit. I thought the trade was ballsy for sure but the upside was Besides, Montero had nowhere to play and they couldn't keep him in the minors. They sold high on him.
    Whose lack of long term franchise planning was responsible for not matriculating a position for Montero at the right time?

It certainly wasn't mine.

And it's hardly ballsy to even engage in Roy Halladay talks and then use that very same chip on Michael Pineda.

Hardly ballsy at all.

vCash
    That's not ironic, fyi. It's just contradictory.

vCash
    Pineda wasnt shut down two years ago???????????
    Hamilton has been on the DL 3 of the last 4 seasons.

I think in some ways it's an apt comparison. Cashman tried to find a young cheap arm and sacrificed his young cheap bat to do it. Obviously it has worked poorly so far. But I think we would have to think that a cheap young pitcher is probably harder to come by. And while Pineda hadn't proven a ton, Montero had proven nothing, and perhaps couldn't play a position.

So if Pineda was risky because of injury, why isn't Hamilton. And Pineda's DUI is somehow a knock against Cashman despite the fact that it happened after the trade. Yet you're ok signing a former drug addict who literally was kicked out of the game due to his problem. Feels like a bit of a double standard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Hamilton has been on the DL 3 of the last 4 seasons.

I think in some ways it's an apt comparison. Cashman tried to find a young cheap arm and sacrificed his young cheap bat to do it. Obviously it has worked poorly so far. But I think we would have to think that a cheap young pitcher is probably harder to come by. And while Pineda hadn't proven a ton, Montero had proven nothing, and perhaps couldn't play a position.

So if Pineda was risky because of injury, why isn't Hamilton. And Pineda's DUI is somehow a knock against Cashman despite the fact that it happened after the trade. Yet you're ok signing a former drug addict who literally was kicked out of the game due to his problem. Feels like a bit of a double standard.
    Again, point being that Montero was hoarded and protected against bigger and better fish and then frittered away at the last second when Cashmanhad nowhere else to turn and waited too long.

Hamilton's WORK resume is certainly no worse than Pavano's prior to 2004 where his career numbers are abyssmal or Jaret Wrights who were as mediocre as Pavanos were abyssmal.

While I certainly agree that injuries are a part of the game so is Hamilton's work history.

At 4 years (which I think he could've been had for but that's subjective) it is a calculated risk. Certainly no more calculated then signing a .219 hitter with 5 hrs and a guy who was shut down with arm issues early in his career.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast