Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YEDB90 View Post
    Jeter doesn't do it to the extent of Swisher or even close and Jeter has won how many rings? Im a little less likely to rag on him for things. They were team efforts, I get that, but even so. On top of that, he's a Hall of Famer and a Yankee legend, Im willing to give him more room.
    Which goes to my point. I think we find reasons to simply hate some players. And often those reasons are things other players do as well.

vCash
    It will be interesting to see how poor our locker room environment is next year...

vCash
    Missing my point, though. Jeter does it a fraction of the time that Swisher does.

vCash
    screw jeter, people are so blinded by his past, when is the last time jeter had a big hit? when was the last time jeter won us a game with a clutch hit. Yes i love jeter as much as anyone but to put him above other players who have currently helped this team win it blows my mind. really, think back, whens the last game winning hit jeter has had?

if arod would be hitting as jeter has lately people would call arod a selfish . imagine arod had a 5 hit game with a homer on his 3k hit, people would be saying oh he does it when it doesnt count, jeter does it and its one of the greatest experiences ever.

Fans are dumb and blind

vCash
    Jeter's days are way behind him. Good player, but not the same he was like five years ago. He's more of a name than a player now.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    A lot of you guys are seriously undervaluing Swish as a player. Above average in most senses. Gardner is a DOWNGRADE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    Jeter's days are way behind him. Good player, but not the same he was like five years ago. He's more of a name than a player now.
    Same with Ichiro and Youk

Quote Originally Posted by Bombtista View Post
    A lot of you guys are seriously undervaluing Swish as a player. Above average in most senses. Gardner is a DOWNGRADE
    We're replacing him with Ichiro apparently.....

vCash
    I wonder how we will replace those walks, which would ave been incredibly valuable with Romine and Gardner batting behind him...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I wonder how we will replace those walks, which would ave been incredibly valuable with Romine and Gardner batting behind him...
    So you think we have a better offense as it stands?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Another interesting topic that comes up in this discussion is the idea of hometown discount. To start with, I don't think too many players take much of a discount to stay. But more than that, I'm not sure Cashman has the ability to even begin to come close to the Indians money. For all we know if Cash had offered 4 years / 48 million Swisher would have taken it and returned. But I doubt he had the option to do that. And to be fair, in an offseason where Victorino gets 39 million, I don't think Swisher's contract is all that insane.
    I'm definitely glad he's gone but I'm not going to taunt or gloat over it because in the end he did what most of us would have done in that scenario and for that I can't fault him.

The whole concept of the hometown discount is basically a misnomer anyway. No one should use loyalty as their sole decision making basis imo. Swisher did what was best for Swisher so I cant really knock him for it.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post
    I'm definitely glad he's gone but I'm not going to taunt or gloat over it because in the end he did what most of us would have done in that scenario and for that I can't fault him.

The whole concept of the hometown discount is basically a misnomer anyway. No one should use loyalty as their sole decision making basis imo. Swisher did what was best for Swisher so I cant really knock him for it.
    And occasionally guys do take less for a variety of reasons. Cliff Lee took less to return to Philly. Kuroda returned to NY and left money on the table. There's plenty of reasons beyond just money that go into a decision of this magnitude. It's more than about the team you play for and their playoff aspirations. Sometimes it's about being close to family, where your kids grow up, friends, and of course money. As fans we look at these decisions and tend to ignore how many factors go into them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    I'm an Indians fan and I like it. It wasn't just switching Choo for Swisher. It was switching a Choo that was not going to re-sign for Bauer/Stubbs/Swisher and some bullpen help.

Nothing to complain about the Indians offseason so far from me.
    Well, if the Indians should make the playoffs, which I doubt, look for Swish to be swishless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korevette View Post
    Well, if the Indians should make the playoffs, which I doubt, look for Swish to be swishless.
    If the Indians do make the playoffs, they'll be thrilled.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sauronthepower View Post

I'm not glad he's gone..yea he was bad in the post season but so was everybody else.. Indians got a good deal and great teammate..

!Tank the season for Bridgewater!

vCash
    good bye and good riddance stinkalicious
    King Remembered In Time
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P Off-topic-forum amigo.

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast