Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    I find it funny that most people here hate Swisher and act like this is no loss, yet he probably was the third best player on this roster last year. He was ahead of guys like CC, Arod, Mo, Jeter, Teix, Kuroda, and even Itchy. Only two that were better were Cano and Grandy. I'm not overvaluing him, it's just the facts. Plus, he was very consistent. We knew he would do well in the regular season, but would suck in the postseason.
    Jeter....no. What are you going off of, power numbers? I would argue that he was less important than the consistency Kuroda provided us with after the first month, even. I do think that is slightly overvaluing him. He had a solid year, but his performance in big spots didn't compare to these two.

"I have failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    If I were an Indians fan, I'd be excited too as nobody usually goes there. As a Yankee fan, the majority of us realize his act gets old, his stats are not reflective of his actual level of play and his playoffs were the worst in HISTORY.

He's a perfect player for an average team. He's an easily replaceable player for any contender.

How is this confirmed? Not ONE good team pursued him or made him an offer.
    Boston and Texas were said to be after him, they just didn't want to give up a pick to the Yankees.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The1ronHorse View Post
    Jeter....no. What are you going off of, power numbers? I would argue that he was less important than the consistency Kuroda provided us with after the first month, even. I do think that is slightly overvaluing him. He had a solid year, but his performance in big spots didn't compare to these two.
    It's hard to say, but yes, he was more valuable than those two. Jeter started off hot, but slowed down during the year. Kuroda's first month wasn't pretty. Yet Swish stayed consistent throughout the season (until October rolled around).

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jd25213 View Post
    It's hard to say, but yes, he was more valuable than those two. Jeter started off hot, but slowed down during the year. Kuroda's first month wasn't pretty. Yet Swish stayed consistent throughout the season (until October rolled around).
    Jeter was pretty consistent all year, more than Swisher was. Swisher lit up the first month, but slowed down after his injury. There was so many lead off singles that went to waste many times with swisher and grandy behind trying to do too much. Swish got hot at the end of the year again, but his mid season performance was average at best for him. Jeter was the only person the Yankees could count on at the top of the lineup prior to Ichiros arrival.

"I have failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan

vCash
    I can't even think of one big hit Swisher ever got us against a good team or good pitcher. Ever.

I sure can think of some epic failures though.

Yanks win the same 95 games with or without him. Just like we win 95 with or without Arod for two months or Tex for a month or Gardner for the year.

Interchangeable parts when you have the pitching.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leoharris View Post
    I can't even think of one big hit Swisher ever got us against a good team or good pitcher. Ever.

I sure can think of some epic failures though.

Yanks win the same 95 games with or without him. Just like we win 95 with or without Arod for two months or Tex for a month or Gardner for the year.

Interchangeable parts when you have the pitching.
    Agreed...

I keep hearing how "great" Swisher was because his w/OBA of .370 says so... but I can't remember him actually helping us win big games, but I do remember him helping us LOSE quite a bit of postseason games.

Ichy will fill in just fine, I think we're better with him.

All I have to say is SF hit 142 HR's LESS than us, yet they have won 2 of the last 3 WS's.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Korevette View Post
    What a joke...wish him luck? 56 million bucks and you gotta wish him luck..anyone of us can live a lifetime with just one million...and for what, hitting a damm baseball. A lot it did the Yankees in the playoffs...good riddance..A-Rod the second...clutchless hitters.

First of all, reading comprehension, I wished him all the best, not luck, so there's that.

Second, if you're that shallow of a human being that it bothers you that someone else hopes for the best for another human being then yeah, you got some serious issues mah man...

So really, the only joke here is you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    First of all, reading comprehension, I wished him all the best, not luck, so there's that.

Second, if you're that shallow of a human being that it bothers you that someone else hopes for the best for another human being then yeah, you got some serious issues mah man...

So really, the only joke here is you.
    I always find myself amazed at the love and hate some guys receive simply for playing a game. For example, even though I don't like the Youk signing, it has nothing to do with Youk. I'll root for him as much as any other guy. I just feel he's overpaid. And even though certain guys have had bad runs in NY, And Swisher is FAR from the worst, I certainly wish them no ill harm going forward. I hope Swisher does great.

vCash
    I had a dream we signed MB an put him in Center with Gardy in Left and Grandy in Right

vCash
    Swish was a very good player for us with a good attitude. Integral part of winning the regular season. Why can't people remember that without performing in the regular season you don't get to the playoffs?
    And other than 09, A Rod choked in almost every playoff game for ten years.
    Also, I didn't see Mr. Cano take a listless playoff team and throw them on his shoulders. He does well in the playoffs when the rest of the team is doing well and there's no pressure on him.
    Good bye, Nick Swisher. You were pretty good and a lot of fun. Thanks.

vCash
    How bout his game winning hit during NY's first game back after George died.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqtNK6fyWYE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    I always find myself amazed at the love and hate some guys receive simply for playing a game. For example, even though I don't like the Youk signing, it has nothing to do with Youk. I'll root for him as much as any other guy. I just feel he's overpaid. And even though certain guys have had bad runs in NY, And Swisher is FAR from the worst, I certainly wish them no ill harm going forward. I hope Swisher does great.
    Sports fanaticism naturally engenders extreme emotion and seems to awaken some atavistic violence in large segments of the populace. This altered state bonds easily to create herd thinking.
    That's why the guillotine always drew such huge crowds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Yeah, people suck for the most part. They disassociate the human being from the player and especially the salary.

Normally I would be sad to see all this ill will towards a player as likeable and productive as Swisher if I didnt know that most of it is just immaturity.

Dummies will be dummies.

vCash
    I don't ever HATE a player. But I do HATE having certain players.

Such as Fred. I fkn HATED having him in pinstripes. It was embarrassing.

Now, many players irritate the crap out of me such as Swisher, who by watching almost every single game, shows me he is the definition of a stat compiler while offering nothing to be better than average.

Sourpuss was the same way for me. I can't stand his face. I think he's incredibly overrated, although his stats say otherwise. I wouldn't trust him in a huge game ever.

Gardner, although fun to watch run, drives me fkn insane with his slappy vagina swing.

Arod, while a repeat choker, still single handedly won us a ring and generated hundreds of millions for our team to sign or retain other big names. So he gets a pass in my book.

Cano, when on his game, is one of the best hitters I ever saw. But he doesn't resonate well with fans for some reason. I think he's on his way out.

I feel better now...
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

BREAKING NEWS: Sources tell me it's official. We stink.

vCash
    I actually dont really hate Swisher, he just irritates me with the way he acts at times.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast