vCash
    Pilling up the draft picks

New York Yankees
    Los Angeles Lakers (Jimbaco)
    Detroit Lions Draft this man

vCash
    i miss you during regular season all your big hits until it matters
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Depends on if you're talking on field production or marketting. Over the last few seasons Swisher has posted a wOBA of .370. That's pretty damn good. His post season antics have sullied his reputation here, but we shouldn't be overlooking the production this guy has given us.
    the problem is that yes he was awfully productive but giving him a 5 year deal at the age of 32 was a mistake at least in our current situation. He's a career 240-250 hitter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrTK9lvkCQg

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    the problem is that yes he was awfully productive but giving him a 5 year deal at the age of 32 was a mistake at least in our current situation. He's a career 240-250 hitter.

If you go by batting average he sucks. But batting average does not define a hitter.

vCash
    So you were willing to spend this kind of money on him, Rylinkus?

vCash
    Meh, I'll live.

In regards to Cano. The problem isn't if we can sign him, because we have plenty of money coming off the books at the end of the year: Kuroda, Pettitte, Youk, Grandy? Jeter? Rivera etc. The real question is, exactly how much and how many years does he want? If he thinks he is getting a 10 year deal, or 25 million a year, I'll hate the fact the he would no longer be a Yankee, but I have no problem trading/letting him walk.
    FC Bayern Munchen

New York Yankees
    50-48

G: 87 | AVG: .272 | HR: 2| RBI: 27| OBP: .326 | SLG: .320 | wOBA: .293 | wRC: 80

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    If you go by batting average he sucks. But batting average does not define a hitter.
    i'm not just going by BA but my point is this i would not give him that contract. if he was 27 i'd think about it. He's only going to decline at this point on. You'd be paying for what he's done for you in the past not what he's going to do for you in the future.
    We made that mistake with arod let's not make it again right?

Replacing nick swisher is going to be hard, but even if you signed nick swisher he's not going to replicate the numbers he put up for you in the past.

My tribute to edwin Encarrrrnacioooooon...... Been an amazing fantasy replacement whle arod was hurt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    So you were willing to spend this kind of money on him, Rylinkus?
    that's my point, nick swisher was great for us. But ry put a gun to your head do you sign him my guess is HELL no

vCash
    14 mill a year haha keep him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cbs9889 View Post
    14 mill a year haha keep him
    Yeah, and we're paying Tex over 22M annually who has OPS'd .831 the past three years (.844 for Swish over the past three years).

I don't know whether Swisher would be worth his 14M per year price tag over the next four years but he has skills that usually age well (power and patience).
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carnage101 View Post
    i'm not just going by BA but my point is this i would not give him that contract. if he was 27 i'd think about it. He's only going to decline at this point on. You'd be paying for what he's done for you in the past not what he's going to do for you in the future.
    We made that mistake with arod let's not make it again right?

Replacing nick swisher is going to be hard, but even if you signed nick swisher he's not going to replicate the numbers he put up for you in the past.
    I never said I'd resign him. I did say fans are vastly underrating what he brings to this team. The idea that people don't acknowledge he was our second best offensive player last season proves it. Given the current financial constraints on the Yankees I probably wouldn't have signed the guy. But I don't think Cash is having a brilliant offseason at the moment. And If we're concerned about paying guys based on what they've done, vs what they might do going forward, I would suggest that a broken down 3rd baseman and 39 year old RFer also might not fit the bill.

As for Swisher, I do think he'll be fine going forward. He's signed through 37, which is vastly different than ARod being signed until 42? Also power tends to be one of the last things to go. So while he might not replicate his last 4 seasons over the next 4, i do think he'll be productive.

vCash

Swish-less

Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    via RAB

I wish him all the best.
    What a joke...wish him luck? 56 million bucks and you gotta wish him luck..anyone of us can live a lifetime with just one million...and for what, hitting a damm baseball. A lot it did the Yankees in the playoffs...good riddance..A-Rod the second...clutchless hitters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iam brett favre View Post
    Yeah I don't like that trade off if I'm an Indians fan.
    I'm an Indians fan and I like it. It wasn't just switching Choo for Swisher. It was switching a Choo that was not going to re-sign for Bauer/Stubbs/Swisher and some bullpen help.

Nothing to complain about the Indians offseason so far from me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Yeah, and we're paying Tex over 22M annually who has OPS'd .831 the past three years (.844 for Swish over the past three years).

I don't know whether Swisher would be worth his 14M per year price tag over the next four years but he has skills that usually age well (power and patience).
    Right, he's not like an Arod where you'll see the freak power dwindle or a Crawford where the speed breaks down. Swish has stayed consistent throughout his career and this is a very safe investment. Consistent player, never get injured, doesn't excel in one area, but can do it all at an above average level. Swisher is a much safer investment than Hamilton, Bourn, and both Uptons.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    I'm an Indians fan and I like it. It wasn't just switching Choo for Swisher. It was switching a Choo that was not going to re-sign for Bauer/Stubbs/Swisher and some bullpen help.

Nothing to complain about the Indians offseason so far from me.
    If I were an Indians fan, I'd be excited too as nobody usually goes there. As a Yankee fan, the majority of us realize his act gets old, his stats are not reflective of his actual level of play and his playoffs were the worst in HISTORY.

He's a perfect player for an average team. He's an easily replaceable player for any contender.

How is this confirmed? Not ONE good team pursued him or made him an offer.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

ESPN Reporting CC Rehab Going Well.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast