Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will the Lakers winning streak continue?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 77.36%
  • No

12 22.64%
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    You mean compared with whomever was guarding him in the last game, when he went insane and torched us for a million points, before getting hurt and making it look like we didn't get completely destroyed, when in fact we got completely destroyed?

I'm guessing Pau will probably have as much trouble guarding Melo as everybody else does. But because he's Pau and plays for the Lakers he will be excoriated for his performance, no matter how well he does relative to the norm.
    To me it doesn't matter if its Kobe/Pau or anyone of um, its an obvious mismatch. Pau is a PF/C.

vCash
    Carmeloooooooooooo Anthony!!!!!!!

vCash
    What are these dumb Pau guarding Carmelo predictions? They're not gonna have a slow lanky power forward guarding arguably the toughest scorer in the league. Artest will start and guard him and Gasol will guard Brewer...which isn't bad. If they wanna run their offense through Brewer trying to take Gasol in one on one I'll take that over Melo going nuts and Felton getting in the paint

vCash
    Yeah, we need to start Ron. Put him on Melo, let Pau guard Brewer, and give the ball to Pau on the block to get Melo in foul trouble

vCash
    knicks playing like garbage last 4 games (all at home).... beat cavs only by 1,lost at home big to Hiuston and bulls,and really was lucky to beat Wolves last game....but Lakers with their zero defense and heroball by Kobe,will make knicks look like best team in the nba

vCash
    Lakers!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenged24 View Post
    go raiders

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Yeah, we need to start Ron. Put him on Melo,
    Yeppers....

Start Hill instead of Pau...... Give Meeks Christmas off
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shep33 View Post
    Yeah, we need to start Ron. Put him on Melo, let Pau guard Brewer, and give the ball to Pau on the block to get Melo in foul trouble
    One of the few positive sings all year, so far, is the fact that MWP seems to be delivering no matter what's being asked of him. What a breath of fresh air compared to all the players who seem to have a laundry list of requirements and demands and limitations associated with their contributions. (I'd also put Hill in that category.)

The man is a baller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J4KOP99 View Post
    Yeah that's one strategy. I just worry that melo will have his way with him on the other side of the ball.

I'll give pau a chance though
    That's why they switch defensively on the other side of the court. It's not ideal, but have MWP guard Melo and Gasol on Brewer. Then switch back when we're on offense. This game is gonna be full of interesting matchups, which technically could lead to easy buckets for both teams. If D'Antoni tries to start Gasol on Melo, he'll get torched by Melo. But if Melo tried to D up on Gasol in the post, Gasol will work him to the ground with his spin move and left hook.

vCash
    The best part about this is that it's not even a joke:

Kobe Bryant has scored at least 30 points in his past eight games. And he enters his record 15th Christmas Day game needing 29 points to surpass Oscar Robertson's Christmas record for total points scored (377). So it's probably safe to say we all know what's going to happen.

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings (for Week 8)
    Thank god all Kobe cares about is winning rings.

And I sure hope the refs are nicer to him than they were in the last game.

Because god knows Kobe deserves to shoot as often as he wants to.

vCash

But you don't hate Kobe.

vCash

You know, I'd bet money that all he truly does care about is winning, and that includes winning championships. He wants to win so badly that he tries to shoulder all the responsibility, which is his fault.

I mean, think about it, over his career him scoring a lot usually means we win. Not always, of course. The records he is setting now are just compliments to his winning ways.

That all said, Kobe needs to shoot less and let his super star teammates make plays too. Also, I hope he does get the christmas day scoring record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    But you don't hate Kobe.
    As I've said in other threads, I'm not interesting in black/white loyalty tests.

I'm interested in production and accountability.

Kobe doesn't like to be held accountable for anything, and he has a legion of fans who will excuse any of his abuses. I'm not one of those fans.

Kobe isn't the Lakers. He wears the uniform, and as far as I'm concerned he's the lucky one -- not the franchise. The standard of excellence demanded by the franchise transcends everything, which is why I got on Shaq all the time for being a big fat load and wasting the opportunity to leave all-time footprints.

If this forum wasn't overflowing with Kobe disciples and apologists you wouldn't be hearing much from me because others would be pointing out the obvious. If anybody else on the team jacked up 41 shots -- let alone missing most of them -- there would be no end to the "hate".

But because it's Kobe it's all good. And that's exactly the attitude that is going to destroy this team before it ever gets a chance to come together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Decimotox View Post
    You know, I'd bet money that all he truly does care about is winning, and that includes winning championships. He wants to win so badly that he tries to shoulder all the responsibility, which is his fault.

I mean, think about it, over his career him scoring a lot usually means we win. Not always, of course. The records he is setting now are just compliments to his winning ways.

That all said, Kobe needs to shoot less and let his super star teammates make plays too. Also, I hope he does get the christmas day scoring record.
    In every season where Kobe led the league in usage rate the Lakers did not win a title. You can argue that that simply meant that he needed better players around him, but after helping to drive Shaq away that argument is a little tough to take.

Kobe will not shoot, and never has shot, the Lakers to a title. But too many fans think that he has, and he uses that (and his ******** lie about trust) to excuse his shot attempts whenever he feels like it.

I'm not against Kobe taking 20 shots a game, and scoring an efficient 25 points. He's a legit threat. But what he did in the last game was a joke.

vCash

Lakers must make this a game.... Not a blow out

I think starting line up should be

PG- Nash vs Felton
    SG- Meeks vs Kidd
    SF- kobe vs brewer
    PF- artest vs Carmelo- tho he dropped 30 in 24min I think
    C- Howard vs chandler

Off the bench pau at center

Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast