Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are these yards meaningless?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 12.50%
  • Hell No

12 50.00%
  • Mike Valenti is a idiot

9 37.50%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    at that point in the game, you're right. That would have been a classy move by staff.
    but then again it was a losing effort & our season sucks so...
    With how late it was in the game and us trying to come back i think it was the right move to do for the team to try to come back.. I mean people were already saying thats all we cared about, To blow a crucial time out at that point in the game would have looked worse IMO.... Not to mention CJs a humble guy, I think it was the way he wanted it, A hug from his dad and back to work, I think he woulda rather got the record and a comeback win at that point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    With how late it was in the game and us trying to come back i think it was the right move to do for the team to try to come back.. I mean people were already saying thats all we cared about, To blow a crucial time out at that point in the game would have looked worse IMO.... Not to mention CJs a humble guy, I think it was the way he wanted it, A hug from his dad and back to work, I think he woulda rather got the record and a comeback win at that point
    the ref's will pause the game when CJ breaks rice's all time career yards record.

LFLOL & LFFS after secretly glancing at the ***** forum
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    the ref's will pause the game when CJ breaks rice's all time career yards record.
    Well we will be 13-0 at that point and up 54-0 so it wont matter if we burn a timeout

vCash
    Is it meaningless? No. Did it feel as empty as ****? As much as I hate to say it, yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Is it meaningless? No. Did it feel as empty as ****? As much as I hate to say it, yes.
    It didnt to me.. IDC what the naysayers have to say.. he just did something that hasent been done since 1995 (which was the best recieving year in history, First year headsets were allowed in helmets), As you can tell after 1995 DBs were able to adjust to what had changed and receiving went down

While there has been changes that made it easier for wideouts to play against DBs, NONE of those changes have been made in the past couple years, Where as rices record came the first year of a change.. For people to say that johnsons record dont mean as much because of the changes is just hypocritical to me, Obviously if you look at the jump in the rec stats from 1994 to 1995 theres a huge difference, If you look at last year to this year, There simply isnt that big of a difference

vCash
    Boy, if records are meaningless then the number of Super Bowls the packers have won doesn't mean thing. Lions = Packers as a franchise.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Was not meaningless...to say it's meaningless would be taking it away from Calvin, which isn't fair. But it is bittersweet. Anytime you hear about this record in the future, at least for me, all I will think about is the utter disappointment in the overall season.

Wish the man could have done it last year instead.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Can you imagine how much hate the Lions would get it Stafford would have called a time-out and the team would have celebrated?

Good Lord, ESPN would still be talking about it and how it's all Suh's fault because he's out of control.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Can you imagine how much hate the Lions would get it Stafford would have called a time-out and the team would have celebrated?

Good Lord, ESPN would still be talking about it and how it's all Suh's fault because he's out of control.
    Or if Stafford flipped the ball at an opposing player like Cutler did against the Vikings (he got a 15 yard penalty)? At the time Cutler did it, Bears fans thought it was awesome, funny, and cool. If Stafford did the same thing they'd be saying he was dirty and blame Jim Schwartz or something.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Or if Stafford flipped the ball at an opposing player like Cutler did against the Vikings (he got a 15 yard penalty)? At the time Cutler did it, Bears fans thought it was awesome, funny, and cool. If Stafford did the same thing they'd be saying he was dirty and blame Jim Schwartz or something.
    I would blame Logan

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

vCash
    For Calvin Johnson the record is meaningful, as for the team it means squat. Really what does the team get for that? We only had 4 Wins.

It wasn't Calvin's fault of the losses, but you have to put it in prospective, hell he could of got 2500 yards and still might of amounted to another victory.

vCash
    I remember reading the football almanac when I was in grade school and studying all the names and numbers in the record books. The record is not meaningless and will probably stand for a while, unless Calvin breaks it next year.

So many ****ing haters.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I remember reading the football almanac when I was in grade school and studying all the names and numbers in the record books. The record is not meaningless and will probably stand for a while, unless Calvin breaks it next year.

So many ****ing haters.
    We won 4 games. The only records that have meaning are W-L's.

vCash
    It was 100000000000000% meaningful to me. Some moron Cowboys fan on my facebook was saying Megatron was, and I quote, "just an ok receiver for the Lions". He has now either A.) blocked me on facebook. or B.) Deactivated his account completely because his ****** team didn't make the playoffs YET AGAIN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BucketheadZ06 View Post
    It was 100000000000000% meaningful to me. Some moron Cowboys fan on my facebook was saying Megatron was, and I quote, "just an ok receiver for the Lions". He has now either A.) blocked me on facebook. or B.) Deactivated his account completely because his ****** team didn't make the playoffs YET AGAIN.
    99% of Cowboys fans jumped on the bandwagon when the team was winning in the 90's so they have about as much football insight as most of our wives. I have 2 friends that are Cowboys "fans" and they are both ********.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast