Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Are these yards meaningless?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 12.50%
  • Hell No

12 50.00%
  • Mike Valenti is a idiot

9 37.50%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    1. He faces the toughest/most unique coverages of any WR in the game and is doubled basically 90+% of the time. He's also doing it with no one else, when teams know he's going to get the ball.

2. ~5% of his yards have come in "garbage time," which is probably way less than many other #1s.

3. The lack of TDs is a combination of bad luck (8 times tackled on 1 yard line, 3 TDs called back or dropped) and is also due to more rushing TDs in the redzone (14 I think).

4. We don't have a RB who can consistently gain yardage, thus throwing is the only way we can win. I find it more impressive when teams know you're going to throw 40 times a game and still can't stop it very well.

5. Wins? Our ST alone cost us 2. Coaching has cost us another 1 and defense has cost us a few more. It's a team game, Calvin alone can't win us games.
    Well put BJR.

Here is something to ponder on.

Jerry Rice had 7,866 rec. yards after six seasons. Calvin Johnson is at 7,764 yards in his sixth season. Will Johnson break Rice's all-time record of 22,895?
    According to Sportsnation on ESPN 55% say no. I think he can. What do do you guys think.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 8
    Solo Tackles: 7
    Assisted Tackles: 1
    Sacks: 1
    Personal Fouls:

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions 3-1
    Detroit Tigers ALDS vs Baltimore
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 4-0 ACC: 2-0

vCash
    I forgot to mention in my post. Calvin has the record by a decent margine after 15 games on fewer receptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    Well put BJR.

Here is something to ponder on.

According to Sportsnation on ESPN 55% say no. I think he can. What do do you guys think.
    He's a year younger and definitely more physically gifted. 3 of Rice's highest yardage seasons came in his 9,10,11 year at 31, 32, 33 years of age.

It's possible, but not probable in my honest opinion. Don't think Calvin will play long enough and will retire somewhat early like Sanders. Can only stand losing so long

vCash
    He's a year younger and definitely more physically gifted. 3 of Rice's highest yardage seasons came in his 9,10,11 year at 31, 32, 33 years of age.

It's possible, but not probable in my honest opinion. Don't think Calvin will play long enough and will retire somewhat early like Sanders. Can only stand losing so long
    true

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 8
    Solo Tackles: 7
    Assisted Tackles: 1
    Sacks: 1
    Personal Fouls:

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions 3-1
    Detroit Tigers ALDS vs Baltimore
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 4-0 ACC: 2-0

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    mike gives it to his listnes raw and uncut but how can you diss calvin johnson. yeah so what are season trash. but calvin has a job it's not his fault no one else shows up to play and if you diss cj you have to diss adrian peterson as well
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash

damn, i hated to read that, but i definitely agree with it.

My AAL 2015 ProBowler: DeAndre Levy #54 27 tackles / sacks /1 amazing int
    click here to join the Lions Forum
    Lions Forum: 5 Time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12 & #14
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Lffs is the master at going from goofball to boss

vCash
    Seahawks fan checking in. Hell no, it's not meaningless. Winning is a team thing. Megatron and Stafford can't be the whole team and win. To put up numbers like he has, to do something no one has ever done before, is far from meaningless. Especially when it's a guy like Calvin. And in a 4 win season, helping CJ set the record is what these guys will remember. Don't let the haters say otherwise.

For the record, how many NFL passes has Valenti caught? Zero? Yeah, that's how much opinion he should have on the subject.
    Last edited by crzyhawk; 12-23-2012 at 11:17 AM.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    Seahawks fan checking in. Hell no, it's not meaningless. Winning is a team thing. Megatron and Stafford can't be the whole team and win. To put up numbers like he has, to do something no one has ever done before, is far from meaningless. Especially when it's a guy like Calvin. And in a 4 win season, helping CJ set the record is what these guys will remember. Don't let the haters say otherwise.

For the record, how many NFL passes has Valenti caught? Zero? Yeah, that's how much opinion he should have on the subject.

19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwood313 View Post
    mike gives it to his listnes raw and uncut but how can you diss calvin johnson. yeah so what are season trash. but calvin has a job it's not his fault no one else shows up to play and if you diss cj you have to diss adrian peterson as well
    I know who Mike Valenti is and my opinion is he's a little punk with a loud mouth. I hope he mouths off to me in a bar some night! The guy is a hot head who if you knew him or hung with him, he is a liability! There is no such thing as Garbage time when anything of significence is on the Line. Listening to Valentin is Garbage time!

I turned him off years ago! He never has a breaking story, nothing new to report, and argues like he's a little chubby kid! The guy is a tool shed!
    "If a, would a, could a, should a, Lived on Maybe street, the street that never was"....Rad Alger

vCash
    Calvin is awesome. Maybe better than Rice.

Is it a great record? Yes.

Does it really mean anything other than Calvin is incredible? No.

Are we still gonna miss the playoffs? Yup.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Calvin is awesome. Maybe better than Rice.

Is it a great record? Yes.

Does it really mean anything other than Calvin is incredible? No.

Are we still gonna miss the playoffs? Yup.
    well put whoo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    well put whoo
    Thanks. I was very happy for Calvin, but a little surprised at the lack of fanfare at the game when it happened. He ran TE ball to his dad and ran back to the huddle. Stafford should have called a time out and let the fans cheer for a minute.

Either way, it was fun to see, but winning a playoff game would be way better.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    Tulloch:

vCash

I think he can get it and I think the more Staff ages, the better he will be. He's just a kid, 24, and he's accomplished a lot when some QB's are still feeling out the game and it's clear Staff is still feeling a lot of this game out, and he'll work it all out.

The only reason I bring this up, and I'm not trying to draw direct comparisons yet, but living in GB as a Detroit fan, I had to watch A LOT of Favre. Favre benefited early, more than anything, from an amazing coaching staff early, but the older he got, the better he got at managing his own team and overcoming horrible coaching staffs during the Sherman year. I do have faith that with maturity and growth, Staff to CJ2K will be the same and at least gain us some success despite having mediocre coaches. Although, I wouldn't mind a far better coaching staff at this point...I mean, why did we wait 16 weeks to blitz the QB continually?
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Thanks. I was very happy for Calvin, but a little surprised at the lack of fanfare at the game when it happened. He ran TE ball to his dad and ran back to the huddle. Stafford should have called a time out and let the fans cheer for a minute.

Either way, it was fun to see, but winning a playoff game would be way better.
    at that point in the game, you're right. That would have been a classy move by staff.
    but then again it was a losing effort & our season sucks so...

vCash
    CJ's record is amazing. Hes double covered 99% of the time. And is basically the only weapon we have and still somehow comes up with all these yards. **** the haters.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast