Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    As you know, the lowesr payroll team in the NL East won the division.
    The next lowest team came in second.
    And the next to the highest came in dead last.

Are you saying maybe we should cut payroll again this year?
    Or maybe if we cut an additional $5 - $10 million last year we could have competed?
    LOL
    I think he's saying that having a high end payroll does not always equal wins. Plenty of low payroll teams have had success. And also teams are starting to figure that out around the league...the Mets are not the only team who has signed players to huge contracts and seen them severely under perform. It has happened to so many teams to the point where they try to avoid dishing out huge deals.

Look what the Lackey and Crawford deals did to Boston. Look what the Reyes/Bell/Buerhle deals did to Miami. Even the Phillies after years of big time spending are now cutting back and find themselves in a mess.

Mets are not the only team trying to get their **** back together after failed big money contracts...and you do this by temporarily lowering payroll and probably have to suffer through some tough seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Maybe not 2014, it could be the year after depending on what they decide to do. We are rebuilding, that does not make me an apologist.
    Maybe not 2014? when then? 2018?

This 'we can't spend until x happens' is ridiculous.

If you're going to improve the team thru FA at any time then you're going to take less than perfect players and overpay them, that's been the case for years. that's what FA is. Next year will be no different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sieve00 View Post
    Why assume they are going to lose. They competed last year with Sandy's system and he is developing more depth to stay competitive when injuries happen.

If you assume they are going to lose are you really a fan.

Why would anyone assume they will win? where's the evidence for that?

Please don't don't give me the 'you're not a fan argument' just because I don't believe the Coupons BS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Even if the FA market was as good this year as it is next year....we are better off waiting because:

Zack Wheeler and TDA won't be rookies in 2014. They will be key parts of our team. Same with Wilmer Flores
    Matt Harvey, Gee, Niese will all be in there prime.
    Santana's contact comes off the books. That adds an extra 20mil in free cap space
    So what?

How does that mean we shouldn't improve the team now?

Are we only allowed to sign players for one year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    As you know, the lowesr payroll team in the NL East won the division.
    The next lowest team came in second.
    And the next to the highest came in dead last.

Are you saying maybe we should cut payroll again this year?
    Or maybe if we cut an additional $5 - $10 million last year we could have competed?
    LOL
    No I don't understand people complaining about not spending money. There seems to be a direction and people want them to spend money for the sake of spending money.

Washington build from within and the only real high priced player was a bad signing. Atl just knows how to run a team with a middle of the pack payroll and top talent.

vCash
    The bottom line is that Santana and Bay's salary comes off the books next off-season. So we will get a DEFINITIVE answer about where this organization is headed next off-season. There will be no nonsense about free agency not having the guys we wanted, or waiting for player development... they will either spend next off-season or everyone will KNOW for a fact that they're crooked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Why would anyone assume they will win? where's the evidence for that?

Please don't don't give me the 'you're not a fan argument' just because I don't believe the Coupons BS.
    The starting pitching should be really good again. Some good young arms to plug in the pen and an offense that just needs to be average. San Fran's offense was just average last year.

Don't give me this we are going to lose no matter what bullstih just because you have no true passion for a team and just like to be a b!tch. The same things were being said last year at this time and they came out and played great for the first half and fell apart because of injuries in the second half. There is no reason this young team can stay competitive.

vCash
    So what?

How does that mean we shouldn't improve the team now?

Are we only allowed to sign players for one year?
    You always complain about not spending money but never give any real options they should consider.

vCash
    OK so here it is. Spending in 2014 makes more sense next season for these reasons.

1) Santana's money comes off the books.

2) Wheeler, Harvey, TDA, Familia, Mejia, Kirk and Flores all should have some ML experience.

3) By seeing what we have in our young players we will have a better assessment of what to spend on.

4) Next years options are much deeper then this years. Here is a list of OF free agents 32 or younger in next seasons free agent class.

Mike Morse
    Martin Prado
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Chris Young
    Shin-Soo Choo
    Hunter Pence
    Corey Hart
    Carlos Gomez

I am not a Wilpon apologist. However almost every player on that list makes sense for the Mets. Therefore the Wilpons and SA need to put up or shut up in 2014.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sieve00 View Post
    You always complain about not spending money but never give any real options they should consider.
    They haven't spent a dime for four years and you want me to do SA's job for him?

This isn't a one off where they don't spend, IT IS EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    OK so here it is. Spending in 2014 makes more sense next season for these reasons.

1) Santana's money comes off the books.

And? there must be 7-8 contracts off already and that's made no difference whatsoever.

2) Wheeler, Harvey, TDA, Familia, Mejia, Kirk and Flores all should have some ML experience.

So? How does that prevent them signing an OF'er or two or relief help?

3) By seeing what we have in our young players we will have a better assessment of what to spend on.

We've got not OF and a terrible BP, why do you need another year see assess that?

4) Next years options are much deeper then this years. Here is a list of OF free agents 32 or younger in next seasons free agent class.

Funny, that's what I heard this last year, and the year before and the year before that. Most of those guys will get traded away or resigned before they hit FA. You may as well wipe your *** with that list at this point.

Mike Morse
    Martin Prado
    Jacoby Ellsbury
    Chris Young
    Shin-Soo Choo
    Hunter Pence
    Corey Hart
    Carlos Gomez

I am not a Wilpon apologist. However almost every player on that list makes sense for the Mets. Therefore the Wilpons and SA need to put up or shut up in 2014.
    I have no idea why you have so much faith in these crooks and their hired b'ser

vCash
    I have no idea why you have so much faith in these crooks and their hired b'ser
    Its not that I have faith in them I am just stating next year is a better year to spend then this year. How do you not see that? Who was available this year who you would really want?

If we were to Sign a 33 year old Cody Ross this year and our young players don't turn the corner until 2015 we would have wasted the first 2 years of Ross.
    His third year he would be declining and could prevent us from signing a better player.

I AM NOT SAYING THE WILPONS WILL SPEND IN 2014!

JUST SAYING IT MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE TO SPEND IN 2014 AND IF THEY DON'T I WILL HAVE ZERO FAITH.

Hunter Pence, Martin Prado and Carlos Gomez all make too much sense to hear an excuse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Its not that I have faith in them I am just stating next year is a better year to spend then this year. How do you not see that? Who was available this year who you would really want?

If we were to Sign a 33 year old Cody Ross this year and our young players don't turn the corner until 2015 we would have wasted the first 2 years of Ross.
    His third year he would be declining and could prevent us from signing a better player.

I AM NOT SAYING THE WILPONS WILL SPEND IN 2014!

JUST SAYING IT MAKES MUCH MORE SENSE TO SPEND IN 2014 AND IF THEY DON'T I WILL HAVE ZERO FAITH.

Hunter Pence, Martin Prado and Carlos Gomez all make too much sense to hear an excuse.

LOL!!! I'd prep yourself for some excuses. If any of those players are actually left.

By the way you talk about wasting years, how many years of David Wright have we wasted so far? and add into that next year too, he's going to be 35 before you know it.

vCash
    LOL!!! I'd prep yourself for some excuses. If any of those players are actually left.

By the way you talk about wasting years, how many years of David Wright have we wasted so far? and add into that next year too, he's going to be 35 before you know it.
    Ugh your imposible dude haha

I really hope I don't hear any excuses. If Pence is available who NY fans would really fall in love his style of play is available and they pass I will have a conniption.

They really need to bring in 2 FA Outfielders so if they don't even bring in 1 I will lose it haha. And no I don't think they will bring in 2 when I don't even know that they will sign 1. Just Saying they need 2. Gomez and Pence would be ideal.

vCash
    Please, I don't want Pence. He's not very good.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456