Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Threaded View

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    No, but I surely don't want to hear "next year" every.single.year. When do I get to hear, "this year!"? For the past 5 and a half years I've been on PSD, all I've ever heard is, "They are deferring money to next year./There are no good free agents this year/Jason Bay is better than Matt Holliday." I'm so tired of it. I'm tired of signing Trot Nixon and Gary Matthews Jr. and Jeff Conine in hopes that "next year" will be better!
    Apparently everything just works out in 2014, the team is great the Coupons spend like drunken sailors and we win, just like that.

This is what the team has sold to fans, and many on this board have bought it hook line and sinker without any evidence whatsoever, they haven't spent a new nickel on this team YET AGAIN, and they have saved money on RA and DW collectively over the next few years.

I can't believe fans of a baseball team actually believe spending no money whatsoever year after year is a good plan. The idea that it's a waste of time trying to improve a 74 win team short term at little cost, is anathema to me. They're just tanking year after year after year, how can that be good?
    Last edited by Marty Mcfly; 12-25-2012 at 07:32 AM.