Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Now that all the OF free agents are gone...

Are we gonna like...find some warm body to put out there?

Hairston can essentially hold us hostage for as much money as he wants considering we have no other options now.

vCash
    i have no clue what we're going to do now...i want hairston back, but theres only so much id be willing to spend on him...hes not an everyday player hes a 4th outfielder...i couldnt see paying more than 3 million for him, considering alderson said we only have 8 to spend

vCash
    At this point lets just roll out a timeshare of Kirk/Cowgill/Duda/Valdespin/Baxter

vCash
    I doubt we get Hairston back. Yankees at least will offer more money and since we don't expect to do anything this yr and probably next yr, we won't be offering him much money.

In the meantime, I think we should explore trade options with ARI for Gerrardo Parra. He's been a pretty good hitter the last few yrs with speed and a little pop, and can be our new CF for now. Plus he's not a free agent until 2016. Those are the type of players we need to be looking at.

vCash
    Parra would be a nice get. He's the Dback OFer I think we should target. .280 career hitter...won a gold glove....25 years old.

He's kind of similar to Angel Pagan but Parra is the better fielder/little less of a base steeler.

The thing is that the Dbacks dont want/need to trade for pitching. I dont know what position players we could trade. Flores would probably get a deal done, he doesn't have a position for us while the Dbacks have no 3B.

vCash
    Flores for Parra. Get it done, Sandy!

vCash
    Maybe AZ would be willing to include a SP like Patrick Corbin or Daniel Hudson

vCash
    Valdespin also a guy who can interest AZ in a Parra trade

vCash
    I'd steer clear of Parra. He seems more suited to a platoon role than an everyday outfielder. And his away stats are pretty bad, so I have a feeling he won't hit well at Citi at all. If we could deal with the D-Backs, it's Adam Eaton I'd covet. I doubt that they would let him go. It seems thay are more likely to move Kubel, who I am not at all enamored with, and slipping Eaton and/or A.J. Pollock into Kubel's corner outfield spot.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    I'd steer clear of Parra. He seems more suited to a platoon role than an everyday outfielder. And his away stats are pretty bad, so I have a feeling he won't hit well at Citi at all. If we could deal with the D-Backs, it's Adam Eaton I'd covet. I doubt that they would let him go. It seems thay are more likely to move Kubel, who I am not at all enamored with, and slipping Eaton and/or A.J. Pollock into Kubel's corner outfield spot.
    I'd much rather see Eaton as well. We really don't have any Centerfield option like Eaton in our farm system, and all the upcoming free agent options next year are better suited for corner positions than up the middle.

He would also leave room in our budget to bring back Scott Hairston, or maybe even take fliers on both Sizemore and Delmon Young.

vCash

Special Offer: One Year, $1M Contracts...Get 'em While They Last

Maybe SA turns the tables...instead of waiting for the scrap heap to dwindle to nothing have a job fair and see who's nervous enough to sign on his terms right now...24 hour time limit...take it or leave it. Then maybe he can do a $2m fair for the next better group until he fills the outfield and bullpen holes.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    Id like to Get Parra or Kubel from Arizona.

Also look to the Jays, I know we just made a deal with them but look at their OF. Gose, Bautista, Bonifacio, Melky, Rajai Davis, Colby Rasmus.

Id really like to get Bonifacio, Davis, or Gose. I cant imagine Rajai Davis costing too much..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    The Mets will do what they have done for the last few years, raid the scrap heap for the cheapest part.

vCash
    Well...it looks like the cartoon-platoon will be our OF this year...SPIFFY!

vCash
    it's only 2012... SA still has some time to figure tings out.

Yes, this current OF scares all of us... but i trust Alderson to be patient enough with both markets ( trade & free agency ). Like most of you have been saying for a week, Alderson will not throw money around like the other GM and overspend for the type of talent and years necessary.

This makes me believe we are too acquire through trade only sometime after the new year.
    #oneatatime

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast