Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Laffey Taffy?

Naww.
    Better than Daffy Laffey?

I wonder if he has a brother named Dizzy.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Theres still an outside chance Santana returns to form. Though unlikely if he has a really good first half and while even more likely the Wilpons eat some of his contract... They could get a pretty good prospect in return.

This is what fans have to hope for. Desperate teams can do some crazy things at the deadline.
    The Wilpons would have to eat a lot of contract for them to get anything in return. An analogy could be made with K-Rod. The Mets traded his large contract and got bupkis in return.

If some team took Santana's contract off the Mets' hands, you could expect a similar return.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I think trading Johan for cash is the Coupons next big play. The have consistently removed anyone making money whenever they could, (except DW, who they could not afford to lose if they wanted to maintain the charade).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    The Wilpons would have to eat a lot of contract for them to get anything in return. An analogy could be made with K-Rod. The Mets traded his large contract and got bupkis in return.

If some team took Santana's contract off the Mets' hands, you could expect a similar return.
    While that is a very good analogy, K-Rod's vested option of 17.5 million was absolutely a big ole albatross hanging around any franchise. Also Sandy found a loophole in the contract and traded him off.

Another analogy is the Beltran trade, they ate some money and received the coverboy of this year's Baseball America magazine.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    While that is a very good analogy, K-Rod's vested option of 17.5 million was absolutely a big ole albatross hanging around any franchise. Also Sandy found a loophole in the contract and traded him off.

Another analogy is the Beltran trade, they ate some money and received the coverboy of this year's Baseball America magazine.
    Very fair point. And both were coming off of injuries/surgeries. Beltran surprised everyone with his durability and production in early 2011. Going into that season, most were thinking he might be able to play up to 5 games a week.

Maybe. But to the contrary, he was actually their most durable outfielder by far at the time he was traded.

Going into this season, no one is expecting anything from Johan. But if he does surprise like Beltran did in 2011, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a blue chipper in return. I think it's a long shot but i would have said the same thing about Beltran heading into 2011.

So we'll leave it to my sig again.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Very fair point. And both were coming off of injuries/surgeries. Beltran surprised everyone with his durability and production in early 2011. Going into that season, most were thinking he might be able to play up to 5 games a week.

Maybe. But to the contrary, he was actually their most durable outfielder by far at the time he was traded.

Going into this season, no one is expecting anything from Johan. But if he does surprise like Beltran did in 2011, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a blue chipper in return. I think it's a long shot but i would have said the same thing about Beltran heading into 2011.

So we'll leave it to my sig again.
    As the old proverb goes, "he who has pitching at the trading deadline holds all the cards".

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    As the old proverb goes, "he who has pitching at the trading deadline holds all the cards".
    I don't remember hearing that proverb before. Where did you find that, on the internet?

vCash
    I prefer my old proverb 'He who stands still travels backwards'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    How about the saying "beating a dead horse"? That one ever cross your mind?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    How about the saying "beating a dead horse"? That one ever cross your mind?
    How about beating the Braves every now and again?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Mcfly View Post
    Jon Daniels proverb is "its better to do nothing than do something stupid".

vCash
    [QUOTE=clayamtion;24886804]Jon Daniels proverb is "its better to do nothing than do something stupid".[/QUOTE

"Excuses are for losers"

vCash
    Old proverb:

He who only complains all the time irritates the **** out of others...
    I really should develop a sig, huh?

vCash
    A hard beginning maketh a good ending.

Thread closed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678