Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    When the timing is right, he will make the appropriate moves. Teams that want to make a push need to build from depth. That's how the Mets got Keith Hernandez, Gary Carter, Bobby Ojeda, Howard Johnson, etc.
    Will he? Didn't you also tell anyone who would listen that he would re-sign Reyes?
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 12-27-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    If they are not spending by next winter, they never will.

No more excuses, they will be undefendable.

Might as well move the team to Iowa, if they don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post

I agree. We'll know one way or another by this time next year. There won't be any more all stars to leverage for prospects as that phase of rebuilding has passed.

The question is will he and the Mets ever move on to the next phase of building the TOT.

I'll defer to my signature again.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post

No reason not to spend now, no reason whatsoever. Anyone who thinks the Mets are going to go out with a wad of cash next and will do what is necessary is living in a fantasy.

There's no excuses now, none whatsoever.

They just don't want to spend a nickel. Look at how they have pushed salary from this year to next year, that's the game here, that way they get to keep payroll lower this year, and next year with a lower base they can go as low as they want to next year.

How can people not see this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    will he? Didn't you also tell anyone who would listen that he would re-sign reyes?
    :d

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    When the timing is right, SA will make the appropriate moves. Teams that want to make a push need to build from depth. That's how the Mets got Keith Hernandez, Gary Carter, Bobby Ojeda, Howard Johnson, etc.

Some sports writer said yesterday he didn't understand why SA traded Dickey. I responded that he only needed to review the first time SA traded Rickey Henderson after the A's 1984 season. SA reaquired Henderson in 1989 because the A's were winning.

For someone who has seen a lot of baseball, I don't understand how you miss these things.

How do you know?

It's not the 1980s by the way. These comparisons are worthless, whichever side of the fence you are on here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    BA rated the Mets farm in 2005 as the 19th best, in 2010, the Mets farm was rated 20th.
    Those rankings don't mean much in hindsight. Omar inherited only a few future major leaguers, only one of which (Gomez) would go on to be a starting caliber player. Compare that to what Omar has produced in Niese, Gee, Ike, Murphy, Harvey, etc. and its clear to see the vast improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Omar takes more credit than anyone for what we have in the farm now, he gave SA Dickey to trade, that's priceless.

Maybe if the Coupons has supported Omar in all phases and helped him at the deadline we would not be in this mess, or rather we'd have had some real success instead of one playoff app, and two huge chokes followed by years of disgustingly poor baseball.

vCash
    Will he? Didn't you also tell anyone who would listen that he would re-sign Reyes?
    Didn't you make fun of the Dickey signing?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5+7=DYNASTY!!! View Post
    Those rankings don't mean much in hindsight. Omar inherited only a few future major leaguers, only one of which (Gomez) would go on to be a starting caliber player. Compare that to what Omar has produced in Niese, Gee, Ike, Murphy, Harvey, etc. and its clear to see the vast improvement.
    Niese, Ike and Murphy weren't in the farm when Alderson took over but if you choose to count them shouldn't we count Wright, Bell, Reyes, Pagan, Keppinger, Feliciano, Lindstrom and Bannister when evaluating what Omar inherited.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Who didn't? His name is Dickey!

I still chuckle over that.

vCash
    I agree. We'll know one way or another by this time next year. There won't be any more all stars to leverage for prospects as that phase of rebuilding has passed.

The question is will he and the Mets ever move on to the next phase of building the TOT.

I'll defer to my signature again.

Theres still an outside chance Santana returns to form. Though unlikely if he has a really good first half and while even more likely the Wilpons eat some of his contract... They could get a pretty good prospect in return.

This is what fans have to hope for. Desperate teams can do some crazy things at the deadline.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Moi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    Who didn't? His name is Dickey!

I still chuckle over that.
    So now I'll bet you're laffing your head off at Laffey.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    So now I'll bet you're laffing your head off at Laffey.
    Laffey Taffy?

Naww.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast