Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Majority of Rich Want Themselves Taxed More: Poll

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/majori...193437266.html

House Republicans are opposing tax increases on anyone - whether it's Americans making $250,000 or $1 million or more a year.

But a new survey shows that they might be opposing the very people they claim to protect.

American Express Publishing and The Harrison Group found that 67 percent of the top one percent of American earners support higher income taxes. Their support has grown since the election. This summer, 62 percent of them supported higher taxes.

Some might say the rich are hoping to tax people richer - or poorer -- than themselves. The top one percent consist of people making more than $450,000 a year. But the survey clearly shows most One Percenters favor taxing themselves. More than half say that they support taxing those making $500,000 or more.

That's up from 51 percent in the second quarter.

"There is an absolute willingness for the vast majority of the One Percent to take a tax increase," said Jim Taylor, Vice Chairman Harrison Group. "What the Republicans think is not necessarily what their constituents think."
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    You know why they support higher income taxes?

Because a vast majority of the top 1% don't make all that much in income. They earn their money through capital gains.

If you asked them if they would support raising dividend/estate/capital gain taxes, that percentage would shoot down.

Not saying those rates shouldn't be raised (capital gains should be taxed like income) but this poll is just simply stupid.

vCash
    I agree with Avrs, if you actually propose a tax that affects them, they won't support it. The capital gains rate would be one that they wouldn't favor, and they also wouldn't favor a wealth tax. Both of those would actually hit the wealthiest in this country.

The wealthiest are those who have already earned their money and are making money from their money.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by avrpatsfan View Post
    You know why they support higher income taxes?

Because a vast majority of the top 1% don't make all that much in income. They earn their money through capital gains.

If you asked them if they would support raising dividend/estate/capital gain taxes, that percentage would shoot down.

Not saying those rates shouldn't be raised (capital gains should be taxed like income) but this poll is just simply stupid.
    Agreed. Which is why the capital gains rate should be raised as well. But at the rate congress is moving, I doubt that will happen.

vCash
    I dont agree, it is not UP to them how taxes are collected.The Implication is obvious and its a hypothetical question.

are you willing to pay more of your wealth to support the tax base.
    These people are smart.This entire game of bleeding the Middle class is reaching its zenith and they damn well know it, they are loosening the noose because they astutely have measured the opinion of the masses they rely upon to exist, and know that they better start giving back ...at least for a time....before people really get pissed and start getting oppressive laws passed.

We are two years away from a unified Government if things dont start to change...then what leverage will they wield?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stephkyle7 View Post
    I dont agree, it is not UP to them how taxes are collected.The Implication is obvious and its a hypothetical question.

are you willing to pay more of your wealth to support the tax base.
    These people are smart.This entire game of bleeding the Middle class is reaching its zenith and they damn well know it, they are loosening the noose because they astutely have measured the opinion of the masses they rely upon to exist, and know that they better start giving back ...at least for a time....before people really get pissed and start getting oppressive laws passed.

We are two years away from a unified Government if things dont start to change...then what leverage will they wield?
    It may be hypothetical, but they know its never going to happen so they have no problem supporting it. Its the same policy as with your girlfriend, if you know that she will never do something but says she wants to, you damn sure volunteer take her to get the brownie points. Which actually are in agreement with the middle part of your post.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Just watched Capitalism: a love story for the first time, say what you want about michael moore,
    (He wears his politics on his sleeve.he oversimplifies an issue...)
    He really nailed the banks and the politicains in that movie, just a great job!

vCash
    I expect those that "claim" to want more taxes can easily just give that difference to some deserving charity. Then they will not effect their fellow citizens with an onerous tax rate and give to the level that believe they should be taxed at. A real win-win situation if you ask me.

vCash
    I keep trying to expound my tax instinct to whomever would give a time to listen. Quite simple:

Remove all extemporaneous taxes and deductions.

14% on all income including cap gains=Tax % decrease at all levels of income

6% sales tax on all purchases

Hell, 0% tax on all income up to 15,000.

.....DONE!

I believe that people/corps would pay more (some alot more), but rates would be significantly lower. Fed gov would be flush with revenue and regular people would have scratch to pump into the economy.
    Offseason To Do List:
    1. Make an offseason to do list.
    2. Get some tips on the ladies from Clark the Cub.
    3. P90X with Prince Fielder.
    4. Compile top ten list of top ten G.O.A.T. top ten lists.

That Ain't No Bat. That A Kickstand!

vCash
    Many prominent people from the highest income brackets have come out and said that they would support a small raise in their taxes.

However the power of propaganda has hard-working middle class people duped into arguing how we should keep the system in place for the rich and corporations...ironically arguing against their own interests in the process