Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    vCash
    In related news...

(CNN) -- Star NFL linebacker Junior Seau -- just 43 years old when he took his own life last May -- suffered from chronic traumatic encephalopathy, a neurodegenerative brain disease that can follow multiple hits to the head, the National Institutes of Health said Thursday.

Questions of CTE came up immediately after Seau's body was found, with a handgun nearby, in the bedroom of his home in Oceanside, California.

CTE can result in Alzheimer's-like symptoms such as dementia, memory loss, aggression and depression, but it can be diagnosed only after death.
    Maybe some critics will understand a little better.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    In related news...

Nope. Selfish.

lolPSD
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    In related news...

Seriously. It's like people think he was just having a bad day and decided to kill himself for the hell of it. Not just in this case, but in many cases as I'm sure you have seen in the GD forum before.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    my thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends.

vCash
    It still makes you wonder how you can get to a point where you can leave family behind. I don't understand because I haven't been in that situation (of Freel and Seau) and I don't deal with those issues. But as a parent and spouse. It's difficult to understand any pain worse than being away from them.

Again, I can't pretend like I understand what they were going through. But as a family man, it's difficult to imagine anything more important and greater than them (family), pain or not.

Either way, thoughts to them, this can't be easy.

vCash
    I have firsthand experience -- day after day for 2+ years, and no relief. Plus I lost two family members to suicide. It can be the meanest son of a ***** you can ever meet. If people don't understand, I encourage them to be thankful they do not.

Suicide is probably the one topic of discussion I feel most passionate about, because the stigma is both unflattering and truly unsympathetic. It's a tragic event, and more should be done to help people that are depressed seek help without fear of the stigma or reprisal.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 01-11-2013 at 06:54 AM.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Yea I can't be in forums like this, when I read people claiming that depression isn't a real disease I wanna cyber stab somebody.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Yea I can't be in forums like this, when I read people claiming that depression isn't a real disease I wanna cyber stab somebody.
    Honestly, I think it has more to do with the fact that many posters on PSD will say anything to get a response. Whatever the topic, they take the side that gets a reaction.

vCash

Former Red Ryan Freel dies

Seau had previously attempted suicide by driving his Escalade off a small cliff. While the media reported it to be an "accident", it clearly wasn't.

He also had legal troubles coming his way after multiple domestic Violence issues. Not that it's an excuse or justification but escaping legal trouble could be a cause if his actions.

Either way,like Jeffy said, I don't get leaving your family, especially kids, behind. Horrible news.

Condolences to the Freel family. Hopefully he is at peace.

A Real American HERO !!!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dodgers rule.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    It still makes you wonder how you can get to a point where you can leave family behind. I don't understand because I haven't been in that situation (of Freel and Seau) and I don't deal with those issues. But as a parent and spouse. It's difficult to understand any pain worse than being away from them.

Again, I can't pretend like I understand what they were going through. But as a family man, it's difficult to imagine anything more important and greater than them (family), pain or not.

Either way, thoughts to them, this can't be easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scully in 2012 View Post
    Seau had previously attempted suicide by driving his Escalade off a small cliff. While the media reported it to be an "accident", it clearly wasn't.

He also had legal troubles coming his way after multiple domestic Violence issues. Not that it's an excuse or justification but escaping legal trouble could be a cause if his actions.

Either way,like Jeffy said, I don't get leaving your family, especially kids, behind. Horrible news.

Condolences to the Freel family. Hopefully he is at peace.
    I fully understand where you guys are coming from and it's understandable. Do you guys know what MS feels like? Parkinson's? Probably not (unless I picked two diseases you guys actually might have, in that case, my apologies) because you don't experience them. Do you know what pregnancy feels like first hand? No, because you're men and can't experience it. So you can't even begin to fathom.

Depression and anxiety are crazy. They make you think irrational thoughts and even if you KNOW those thoughts are irrational or crazy, you are still convinced by your brain that its true.

I have never lost a family member or friend from suicide but I have had anxiety issues that I've luckily learned to overcome (never severe enough to consider suicide) so I'm a very strong supporter of medical help and compassion for these people.

My biggest problem with the topic of suicide is misinformed people claiming its the most selfish act one can carry out. Trying to convince someone that suicide is the wrong choice is like trying to convince someone with a cold not to be stuffed up. They're both legit medical symptoms of a disease. It may be selfish when looked at overall, but it's not something that specific person is choosing to do.

I'm sure most people would rather be living and happy than dead. So, it's not so cut and dry as people make it seem.
    Last edited by Ian.; 01-11-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    Honestly, I think it has more to do with the fact that many posters on PSD will say anything to get a response. Whatever the topic, they take the side that gets a reaction.
    I think sometimes it is because people don't know the difference between depression and "feeling sad" or having a bad day.
    In case you weren't aware, there is now a Religion Forum here. All high-quality discussion welcome!

vCash
    100% compatible on Match.com......
    Farney and Manti Te'o's girlfriend

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678