Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kmo429 View Post
    This is wrong. Yeah, suicide was his option, but it wasn't the right one to take. There's tons of ways to go when you're depressed, some worse/better than others, but there's always a way out, and this isn't it. This does by far more damage than any
    No. You are wrong. And people like you think selfishly.

Like I said, you did not stand in his shoes. You do not know his pain, indeed his daily agony that had likely become unbearable. Would you want to watch a loved one live in agonizing pain day after day? Would you enjoy that? Or would you want to release them from their abject misery?

I had two family members commit suicide. In both cases, they did so to relieve themselves of terminal pain. One of daily mental anguish that lasted years and years, and created chaos, trauma, and misery in our home. The other because of a terminal illness. In both cases, I support their decision, 100%. They better for it, and in the case of my father, his family was better for it. It was the kindest most generous thing anyone has ever done for me.

If you cannot imagine mental pain, perhaps you can imagine perpetual physical pain due to illness of such intensity that after years and years of enduring and fighting it, you ask -- or beg -- the doctor to let you pass on. Mental illness can approach that same level. It can be, literally, torture. I'd like to see how long you would hold up under that kind of duress. If you are lucky you might have a support system, a loving family. Some people don't have that, and "the system" is not an appropriate surrogate.

I support assisted suicide. Let them die as they wish after appropriate counseling and support, and in a comfortable and peaceful way rather than making a mess.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 12-23-2012 at 10:28 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    No. You are wrong. You're not in his shoes. And people like you think selfishly.

Like I said, you did not stand in his shoes. You do not know his pain, indeed his daily agony that had likely become unbearable. Would you want to watch a loved one live in agonizing pain day after day? Would you enjoy that? Or would you want to release them from their abject misery?

I had two family members commit suicide. In both cases, they did so to relieve themselves of terminal pain. One of daily mental anguish that lasted years and years, and created chaos, trauma, and misery in our home. The other because of a terminal illness. In both cases, I support their decision, 100%. They better for it, and in the case of my father, his family was better for it. It was the kindest most generous thing anyone has ever done for me.

If you cannot imagine mental pain, perhaps you can imagine perpetual physical pain due to illness of such intensity that after years and years of enduring and fighting it, you ask -- or beg -- the doctor to let you pass on. Mental illness can approach that same level. It can be, literally, torture. I'd like to see how long you would hold up under that kind of duress. If you are lucky you might have a support system, a loving family. Some people don't have that, and "the system" is not an appropriate surrogate.

I support assisted suicide. Let them die as they wish after appropriate counseling and support, and in a comfortable and peaceful way rather than making a mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    What about that is funny? What part of it do you disagree with, or are mocking, as I assume you are?

How about you stick your neck out and enlighten us with an actual thought?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFan75 View Post
    People who commit suicide dont realize the damage it does to family and loved ones.
    Probably the most selfish, hurtful act a human can commit. Sad to hear.
    Last edited by Young2Kinsler; 12-23-2012 at 10:32 AM.

vCash

Not trying to revive someone who is terminally ill is one thing, but in this case, taking a shotgun to yourself at the healthy age of 36 shouldn't be condoned as you are speaking.

Probably one of the worst ideas ever on PSD.

vCash
    im sorry i dont feel sorrow for people who take their own life. i feel bad for their families
    Bulls
    Bears
    White Sox

AND YOUR NEW STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, THE BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash

I'm not sure that labeling suicide as selfish is fair, because you are right in that people who do this do not see an alternate out for themselves. It is hard to imagine a feeling of such hopelessness. But in this case... Freel has a family with two kids. That, to me, is where you have to be better than you are capable of being. For the sake of his kids, he should have taken a different route. Imagine the effect this will have on two kids-- for the rest of their lives-- whose dad took his own life three days before Christmas. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

vCash
    Hard-nosed and a great teammate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Not cool,bro.

vCash
    Someone is actually advocating for a 36 year old to commit suicide?

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    May he R.I.P.

vCash
    Freel gained some notoriety in August of 2006 when The Dayton Daily News reported that Freel talked to an imaginary voice in his head named Farney.[4] Said Freel: "He's a little guy who lives in my head who talks to me and I talk to him. That little midget in my head said, 'That was a great catch, Ryan,' I said, 'Hey, Farney, I don't know if that was you who really caught that ball, but that was pretty good if it was.' Everybody thinks I talk to myself, so I tell 'em I'm talking to Farney."[5] Freel later said that Farney's name arose from a conversation with Reds trainer Mark Mann: "He actually made a comment like, 'How are the voices in your head?' We'd play around and finally this year he said, 'What's the guy's name?' I said, 'Let's call him Farney.' So now everybody's like, 'Run, Farney, run' or 'Let Farney hit today. You're not hitting very well.'"
    Never knew about this. Probably some red flags there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    Never knew about this. Probably some red flags there
    Yeah thats ****ed up

vCash
    Being a baseball player does not make one immune to depression.
    Yea apparently not right?
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler View Post
    Probably the most selfish, hurtful act a human can commit. Sad to hear.
    Absolutely true. We all have our demons and depressions, but leaving your wife and daughters to fend for themselves? Shameful.
    There is no honor in this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast