Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Young2Kinsler:24833953
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFan75 View Post
    People who commit suicide dont realize the damage it does to family and loved ones.
    Probably the most selfish, hurtful act a human can commit. Sad to hear.
    Obviously more selfish and hurtful than going on a killing spree.

vCash
    Suicide is a touchy subject on this site, some people don't understand that Ryan probably couldn't handle the pain of life anymore. For the people who's saying this was a selfish act, Freel was probably living with these feelings for a long time and they eventually manifested into this horrible tragedy. Whether you agree this was selfish or not, i think we all wish Ryan Freel to rest in peace and my many condolences to his family.

vCash
    I saw an article that says he left behind three daughters, that just sucks.

vCash
    Yeah, it's crazy sad.

How you can leave a wife and two kids, I'll never know, or what kinds of demons he was facing.

I loved using him as a super utility guy though in games.

vCash
    Very sad. I hope he at least left his family financial stability.

RIP

vCash
    Ugh. More ignorant comments on depression.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    Never knew about this. Probably some red flags there
    Well that is.... odd.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Well that is.... odd.
    Well, Freel was an odd guy.

That might have just been a joking/qweerky thing.

vCash
    I freel for his family.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    No. You are wrong. And people like you think selfishly.

Like I said, you did not stand in his shoes. You do not know his pain, indeed his daily agony that had likely become unbearable. Would you want to watch a loved one live in agonizing pain day after day? Would you enjoy that? Or would you want to release them from their abject misery?

I had two family members commit suicide. In both cases, they did so to relieve themselves of terminal pain. One of daily mental anguish that lasted years and years, and created chaos, trauma, and misery in our home. The other because of a terminal illness. In both cases, I support their decision, 100%. They better for it, and in the case of my father, his family was better for it. It was the kindest most generous thing anyone has ever done for me.

If you cannot imagine mental pain, perhaps you can imagine perpetual physical pain due to illness of such intensity that after years and years of enduring and fighting it, you ask -- or beg -- the doctor to let you pass on. Mental illness can approach that same level. It can be, literally, torture. I'd like to see how long you would hold up under that kind of duress. If you are lucky you might have a support system, a loving family. Some people don't have that, and "the system" is not an appropriate surrogate.

I support assisted suicide. Let them die as they wish after appropriate counseling and support, and in a comfortable and peaceful way rather than making a mess.
    You should see a doctor/psychologist

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    I freel for his family.
    sadly, this made me chuckle a bit
    Bulls
    Bears
    White Sox

AND YOUR NEW STANLEY CUP CHAMPS, THE BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    It's one thing if you make this decision and have no family that you're leaving behind, but when you're married with THREE young daughters, and you blow yourself away like that, it's is a 100% selfish and cowardly act.

As a recently married and soon to be father, there is no pain I can imagine that would be worse than the thought of leaving my wife and children behind with no husband/father for the rest of their lives.

Whatever Ryan was going through, however difficult his life had become, having a wife and three daughters should be enough for him to have overcome any adversity.

Only days before Christmas, he decides to end his life. He took the easy way out, but at the same time will cause his wife and THREE YOUNG DAUGHTERS agonizing pain for the rest of their lives.

He can't even be considered a man, to be able to do this to his family. As a husband, he is supposed to be the man, protector of his family. Any hardships that they endure during their lives, he is supposed to be strong and get them through anything. Protect his wife and daughters.

Whatever it was that drove him to this, there is just no way he was in more pain than the thought of leaving your family behind forever at such a young age and when his three daughters have their entire lives ahead of them, and will now live forever without a father.

Just thinking of how he had a choice to leave his wife and daughters and decided it was a good idea to kill himself and leave them alone, meanwhile there are families out there that will unfortunately suffer a great loss on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day when there won't be a choice.... somewhere in the world, a family will likely lose their father in an unexpected accident during Christmas. They won't have a choice. Ryan Freel did, and he chose to take his life right before Christmas.

I feel no sorrow for him and will not wish that he RIP.

I feel bad for his family and hope they all get through this together and I wish them the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFan75 View Post
    People who commit suicide dont realize the damage it does to family and loved ones.
    As a friend of someone whose parent committed suicide, I think that that was an ignorant, piece of **** thing to say.

RIP ryan freel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yojoe792 View Post
    As a friend of someone whose parent committed suicide, I think that that was an ignorant, piece of **** thing to say.

RIP ryan freel
    You're right, it's not that he didn't realize the damage it would do to his family and loved ones. It's just that he didn't care, for whatever reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    It's one thing if you make this decision and have no family that you're leaving behind, but when you're married with THREE young daughters, and you blow yourself away like that, it's is a 100% selfish and cowardly act.

As a recently married and soon to be father, there is no pain I can imagine that would be worse than the thought of leaving my wife and children behind with no husband/father for the rest of their lives.

Whatever Ryan was going through, however difficult his life had become, having a wife and three daughters should be enough for him to have overcome any adversity.

Only days before Christmas, he decides to end his life. He took the easy way out, but at the same time will cause his wife and THREE YOUNG DAUGHTERS agonizing pain for the rest of their lives.

He can't even be considered a man, to be able to do this to his family. As a husband, he is supposed to be the man, protector of his family. Any hardships that they endure during their lives, he is supposed to be strong and get them through anything. Protect his wife and daughters.

Whatever it was that drove him to this, there is just no way he was in more pain than the thought of leaving your family behind forever at such a young age and when his three daughters have their entire lives ahead of them, and will now live forever without a father.

Just thinking of how he had a choice to leave his wife and daughters and decided it was a good idea to kill himself and leave them alone, meanwhile there are families out there that will unfortunately suffer a great loss on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day when there won't be a choice.... somewhere in the world, a family will likely lose their father in an unexpected accident during Christmas. They won't have a choice. Ryan Freel did, and he chose to take his life right before Christmas.

I feel no sorrow for him and will not wish that he RIP.

I feel bad for his family and hope they all get through this together and I wish them the best.
    That's where guys like Dugmet are going to step in. Of course you can't imagine it.

Those guys will flatly deny the second bolded statement.

Then I think you're trying to use a slippery slope argument, saying "well, some people have it worse". 2 things about that- I think detractors would just say that you can't use that type of argument in this situation, and even if you do, it doesn't begin to compare to things like depression and suicide.

You also say he had a choice. Like it was between A and B. The issue of suicide for people truly suffering with depression is absolutely nothing like this.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast