Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    RIP Ryan.
    Please tell me your sig is a joke.

vCash
    Yeah it's hard for me to feel sympathy for him. Obviously he had some things troubling him, but suicide isn't the answer.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    how long until his family sues major league baseball?

seems to be par the course for stuff like this

sad though cause the dude obviously had severe issues and needed some help
    Sue him for what?
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Yeah it's hard for me to feel sympathy for him. Obviously he had some things troubling him, but suicide isn't the answer.
    To Ryan Freel it was. Unless you stand in his shoes, you'll never understand.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Wow...

If a major league Baseball Player isn't happy with his life ---- where does that leave all of us??

The guy wanted to check out early... I just feel bad for the family
    Proof that I'm Always Right: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=756103
    and http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=773028

New Prediction: LeBron will be Knicks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandFan75 View Post
    People who commit suicide dont realize the damage it does to family and loved ones.
    Would you willingly subject a family member to torture? Why? Why not let them have peace? It's selfish to want someone to live a life of agony and despair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    Wow...

If a major league Baseball Player isn't happy with his life ---- where does that leave all of us??

The guy wanted to check out early... I just feel bad for the family
    Being a baseball player does not make one immune to depression.

vCash
    We all have our problems. Some probably pretty similar to his. But suicide doesn't solve the problem. There are other ways.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jmkh View Post
    that's the guy i thought of when comparing his play. Although I am not a Reds fan, whenever the Reds played the Dodgers, I always liked watching him play. RIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Damn, I also liked him, even tho I didnt see much of him. Seemed like a Eric Byrnes, all out all the time guy.
    Same here. I liked watching him play too. I always thought his career dwindled and ended rather abruptly. I always compared him to Chone Figgins because he could play just about any position on the field and hit leadoff.

It's always very sad to hear or read about a suicide.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    R.I.P

Worst past leaving those 2 children behind, Reds being my 2nd favorite team. Rooted for him.

vCash
    ****, RIP. Dude was a solid utility player for the Reds for a while. That's really sad, I wasn't even aware he retired, he was always one of those "wonder where he is now" players for me."

Sad ****, RIP, prayers and thoughts go out to his family, friends, and the Reds organization

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    To Ryan Freel it was. Unless you stand in his shoes, you'll never understand.
    This is wrong. Yeah, suicide was his option, but it wasn't the right one to take. There's tons of ways to go when you're depressed, some worse/better than others, but there's always a way out, and this isn't it. This does by far more damage than any

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    I would always get him on my teams in MVP, the Show, or 2K. He was one of those guys who played the game the right way. Can't believe this. RIP
    All the way. He was the first player I ever faced in MVP 05 owner mode! Mets opened up with Cincy in 05 and I believe he was the leadoff guy... followed by Felipe Lopez of course? Lol

vCash
    He was an exciting player for a bit, but....

i hate when people take their own life with no regard for their family and other people who loved him. It's a selfish act. People lose loved ones every day when they couldn't do anything about it. He had a choice and made the one that left his wife and TWO DAUGHTERS behind without a husband/father.

I feel bad for his friends and family who are crushed by his selfishness.

Sorry but no "RIP" from me. Only my deepest condolences to his family.

vCash
    Damn. RIP, he was the consummate gamer.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast