Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MADisonville, OHIO
    Posts
    82
    vCash
    1500

    Ryan Freel Commits Suicide

    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2...mmits-suicide/

    Very sad news

    I remember him stealing bases, diving into crowds and playing his heart out for this team. RIP Ryan (and Farney)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    1,250
    vCash
    1500
    Very sad news. Ryan Freel was one of my all time favorite player. If I'm not mistaken I believe he was part of Reds fantasy camp.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,816
    vCash
    1500
    Freel was awesome. I honestly don't say RIP to those who kill themselves, but I'll make an exception.

    RIP Ryan. I love the way he played the game and I wish more players played like him.
    **********

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    O H I O
    Posts
    12,739
    vCash
    1500
    RIP. So sad to hear.

    props to Bee for the sig!!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    7,669
    vCash
    1500

    Even from an opposing fan's perspective, I thought he was a fun player to watch. I always thought his career dwindled and ended too abruptly. It seemed from 2004-06 that he was going to be an everyday leadoff hitter for some time. But it didn't work out for him with the injuries and with other teams not really giving him much of a shot to start. Could he have been sad because he wasn't playing anymore since his retirement?

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,816
    vCash
    1500
    He had a lot of concussions. Its possible that they could have had something to do with it.
    **********

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Freel was awesome. I honestly don't say RIP to those who kill themselves, but I'll make an exception.

    RIP Ryan. I love the way he played the game and I wish more players played like him.
    Why not? He was probably trying to find peace.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    23
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Freel was awesome. I honestly don't say RIP to those who kill themselves, but I'll make an exception.
    Oh, how nice of you to arbitrarily overlook your ignorant stance on suicide because the guy happened to play baseball for your favorite team.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    MADisonville, OHIO
    Posts
    82
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    He had a lot of concussions. Its possible that they could have had something to do with it.
    I bet they did. Remember when he smacked into Norris Hopper in the outfield? That messed him up a lot. He went on the DL and then when he was doing rehab with the Bats, he was still complaining about migranes. He smashed his head into Hopper THEN his head bounced off the warning track. I watched that over and over and it just looked vicious.

    I hope they continue to research this issue of head injuries because even though most pro athletes make millions, they are still people, and they put their bodies on the line to entertain us. It is just sad to see this trend of suicides continue to happen in the sports world.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Why not? He was probably trying to find peace.
    I have no idea why he killed himself. maybe from concussions, or it could have been anything. we may never know. and I was just talking about overall.
    **********

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,816
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan6794 View Post
    I bet they did. Remember when he smacked into Norris Hopper in the outfield? That messed him up a lot. He went on the DL and then when he was doing rehab with the Bats, he was still complaining about migranes. He smashed his head into Hopper THEN his head bounced off the warning track. I watched that over and over and it just looked vicious.

    I hope they continue to research this issue of head injuries because even though most pro athletes make millions, they are still people, and they put their bodies on the line to entertain us. It is just sad to see this trend of suicides continue to happen in the sports world.
    It's becoming a major problem in the NFL. pro sports aren't going to be the same in 10 years because of this, especially football.
    **********

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    16,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I have no idea why he killed himself. maybe from concussions, or it could have been anything. we may never know. and I was just talking about overall.
    No one else deserves the same compassion?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

    Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,643
    vCash
    1500
    Bottom line, this is a horrible tragedy. I feel for the family and friends of Ryan Freel. I just can't help to think how bad your life must be to do such an act. You can only hope that this touches the lives of someone that may be in a similar situation and steers them in the right direction......... RIP..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Posts
    5
    vCash
    1500
    So sad to hear. I loved the way he played the game. Praying his family finds the peace and confort they need.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,031
    vCash
    1500
    Very sad I remember when he stole all those bases vs the Dodgers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •