Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Ryan Freel Commits Suicide

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2...mmits-suicide/

Very sad news

I remember him stealing bases, diving into crowds and playing his heart out for this team. RIP Ryan (and Farney)

vCash
    Very sad news. Ryan Freel was one of my all time favorite player. If I'm not mistaken I believe he was part of Reds fantasy camp.

vCash
    Freel was awesome. I honestly don't say RIP to those who kill themselves, but I'll make an exception.

RIP Ryan. I love the way he played the game and I wish more players played like him.

vCash
    RIP. So sad to hear.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash

Even from an opposing fan's perspective, I thought he was a fun player to watch. I always thought his career dwindled and ended too abruptly. It seemed from 2004-06 that he was going to be an everyday leadoff hitter for some time. But it didn't work out for him with the injuries and with other teams not really giving him much of a shot to start. Could he have been sad because he wasn't playing anymore since his retirement?

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    He had a lot of concussions. Its possible that they could have had something to do with it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Freel was awesome. I honestly don't say RIP to those who kill themselves, but I'll make an exception.

RIP Ryan. I love the way he played the game and I wish more players played like him.
    Why not? He was probably trying to find peace.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Oh, how nice of you to arbitrarily overlook your ignorant stance on suicide because the guy happened to play baseball for your favorite team.

vCash
    He had a lot of concussions. Its possible that they could have had something to do with it.
    I bet they did. Remember when he smacked into Norris Hopper in the outfield? That messed him up a lot. He went on the DL and then when he was doing rehab with the Bats, he was still complaining about migranes. He smashed his head into Hopper THEN his head bounced off the warning track. I watched that over and over and it just looked vicious.

I hope they continue to research this issue of head injuries because even though most pro athletes make millions, they are still people, and they put their bodies on the line to entertain us. It is just sad to see this trend of suicides continue to happen in the sports world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Why not? He was probably trying to find peace.
    I have no idea why he killed himself. maybe from concussions, or it could have been anything. we may never know. and I was just talking about overall.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan6794 View Post
    I bet they did. Remember when he smacked into Norris Hopper in the outfield? That messed him up a lot. He went on the DL and then when he was doing rehab with the Bats, he was still complaining about migranes. He smashed his head into Hopper THEN his head bounced off the warning track. I watched that over and over and it just looked vicious.

I hope they continue to research this issue of head injuries because even though most pro athletes make millions, they are still people, and they put their bodies on the line to entertain us. It is just sad to see this trend of suicides continue to happen in the sports world.
    It's becoming a major problem in the NFL. pro sports aren't going to be the same in 10 years because of this, especially football.

vCash
    I have no idea why he killed himself. maybe from concussions, or it could have been anything. we may never know. and I was just talking about overall.
    No one else deserves the same compassion?
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Bottom line, this is a horrible tragedy. I feel for the family and friends of Ryan Freel. I just can't help to think how bad your life must be to do such an act. You can only hope that this touches the lives of someone that may be in a similar situation and steers them in the right direction......... RIP..

vCash
    So sad to hear. I loved the way he played the game. Praying his family finds the peace and confort they need.

vCash
    Very sad I remember when he stole all those bases vs the Dodgers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast