Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Scary Movie 5 Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMDZ8...layer_embedded
    Looks terrible. Scary Movie 3 was hilarious though.

vCash
    First two were great. The rest sucked tremendously. Not even remotely funny.
    PHILLIES EAGLES FLYERS SIXERS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    This

vCash
    this

vCash
    This.

Shump, Shump!

vCash
    still trying to make money of this

vCash
    It's hard to watch without the Wayans and Anna Faris. Scary movie 3 and 4 were ok but this looks like pure trash.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CB29 View Post
    It's hard to watch without the Wayans and Anna Faris. Scary movie 3 and 4 were ok but this looks like pure trash.
    ^

vCash
    That looks so... so...

...So much like they stopped caring about trying, came up with jokes that anybody with a crayon and a piece of paper could write, and at the level of a TV sitcom that would be cancelled before it ran all of the episodes it filmed. I haven't laughed at a trailer put out by the makers of these movies since the second Scary Movie, and it looks incredibly like all spoof films have lost any shred of comedic comprehension.

I remember when spoofs went beyond cultural references and comedic rehashing of scenes from the movies they were spoofing. Some spoofs are timeless. Like Airplane. Why? Because Airplane had talent involved first of all, and its humor came from great jokes that did not rely on the time they were set in. Ten years from now, who is going to watch this movie and remember Charlie Sheen's "winning" bender? Who is going to remember Lindsay Lohan? Nobody, and therefore, ten years from now this movie will be not funny at all because I'm sure it will resort to the likes of Jersey Shore parodies, Honey Boo-Boo parodies and cultural references that are so in-the-moment now, but won't hold a shred of memorability in the next decade.

Think of a celebrity scandal or facade from ten years ago. Nothing major, but something on the scale of a Lindsay Lohan or Charlie Sheen type thing. Most people won't remember any because they're just the topic of the week.

But Airplane, on the other hand, used actual humor and wit and was intelligent with its jokes. Wit is a type of humor that will never fizzle out. From the scene where crap hits the fan to the absurd statements of that one guy getting fatter and, "I am serious, but don't call me Shirley." It's just so frustrating to see the deterioration of comedy in the face of the deterioration of the intelligence and capability of audiences to pick up on wit. And the so-called talent they're using? It's like none of them care about actually acting because they're too busy trying to get to the punchline. Charlie Sheen used to be able to deliver a comedic line from back in the day when he was in Hotshots, but now look at him. He was on a terribly scripted two and a Half Men, a show with punchlines so poorly delivered and written that I cannot comprehend how anybody can actually laugh at them. Lindsay Lohan comes off as a sci-fi channel failed audition, and I could have swore pots and pans crashing onto somebody's head was humor more fitting an Ice Cube-led sequel to Are We There Yet? It is quite apparent that Scary Movie is marketed towards the teen, twenties and older crowd, and not the under ten crowd, so why are they using pots and pans to the head humor? The only person that could make that type of slapstick humor remotely funny or entertaining was Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton, but even they couldn't save this movie because of the written dialogue of the rest of the film.

The most boggling thought is that some people actually laughed at this trailer. When I watched it, instead of smiling in the slightest, I was too angry at how poorly delivered the poor jokes were.

I never thought I would see the day when, instead of making me laugh, a trailer to a spoof comedy made me angry at the state of things. Rant over.

vCash
    Wow, this looks bad.

vCash
    stop making these for ****s sake
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    won't even fathom watching this.

vCash
    Horseshit.

vCash
    2 was the best one....1 was up there as well....After 1 and 2 there were all ****.

take my strong hand....Best character ever.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    2 was the best one....1 was up there as well....After 1 and 2 there were all ****.

take my strong hand....Best character ever.
    2 definitely was, I still die laughing watching the opening scene with Andy Richter as Father Harris.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast