Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnjack View Post
    I really hate that Sands is in this deal.

I'm sure I'm probably on an island on this one, but when Jerry Sands is a Paul Konerko clone we'll all regret this one.
    jerry sands will not be a potential hall of fame first baseman.. I think a better comparison might be a james Loney type who strikes out more often lol. A journeyman most likely. Or best case scenerio, he's Adam Lind with slightly more on base ability (.750 or so OPS).
    Last edited by homie564; 12-22-2012 at 04:25 PM.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    If Sands is the best talent we give up this is worth doing. He's pretty much irrelevant on this team. I guess the Pirates really don't want to pay Hanrahan's arbitration salary.
    I was hoping that Sands would be given a chance here, but I agree that if he is the main piece you have to do it.

vCash
    Jerry Sands is a Paul Konerko clone. Woah, where did that comp. come from. Sands is someone I won't regret losing at all.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnjack View Post
    I really hate that Sands is in this deal.

I'm sure I'm probably on an island on this one, but when Jerry Sands is a Paul Konerko clone we'll all regret this one.
    Not sure I'd go that far, but he's easy to argue as a more convincing ML player long term than Iglesias.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    We aren't all in. More like Cherington keeping cry babies at bay, and waiting to make his real power move for contention in 2015.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Does this trade mean that Ben perceives this group as contenders? Why else would you trade for a 1-year closer?
    I disagree with him, but Hanrahan could have value if he's performing and we are out by the DL.
    If he's doing well you can trade him mid season, when teams are the most desperate for bullpen help. I'm concerned about his walk rates last year, and his very low babip reverting, but he has a high ceiling. His 2010-2011 seasons were very good, and he has very good stuff. If all we are giving up is spare parts then this is a good trade for us. It also helps clear the 40 man roster.

vCash
    JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm
    Pimental and Sands are both in Hanrahan deal according to Pirates source

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Hanrahan, Bailey, Bard, Uehara, Tazawa, Miller, Morales, Breslow, Melancon, Aceves, Mortensen, Carpenter, and Wilson are guys who are all ready to contribute to the pen. Atch/Hill may be resigned too. Stacked bullpen. Potentially historically so. There needs to be a trade or two though. I personally doubt Aceves is back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Hanrahan, Bailey, Bard, Uehara, Tazawa, Miller, Morales, Breslow, Melancon, Aceves, Mortensen, Carpenter, and Wilson are guys who are all ready to contribute to the pen. Atch/Hill may be resigned too. Stacked bullpen. Potentially historically so.
    and they are going to need it with this rotation

vCash

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Lol I'd be sorry too, but there's no way.

Konerko has really low K rates which lets his power really play up. Sands may have equal raw power to Konerko, but his swing and miss problems will always hold him back from being Konerko, and probably from being a starting player as well.
    Paul Konerko in 1999 (AAA, AAA, MLB, MLB) - 21 HR, 94 RBI, 46/70 BB/K, .271 combine BA, .380 combine OBP - Looked over matched at MLB level.

Jerry Sands in 2012 - (AAA, MLB) - 26 HR, 108 RBI, 60/117 BB/K, .289 combine BA, .373 combine OBP - Looked over matched at the MLB level.
    Last edited by -Lavigne43-; 12-22-2012 at 04:43 PM.
    Here's to feeling good all the time.

vCash
    Pimental too? That's great. He's a headcase that's almost out of options, looks like a reliever at best, and is a 40-man clogger.

vCash
    Pimental?? They want him? Sweet. As much as Hanrahan doesn't really turn me on this is sounding like a no brainer for us.

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

13. 12-22-2012, 04:33 PM
    Reason
    insults

vCash
    so with this trade we are likely over the lux tax threshold, right?

vCash
    Too bad we had to give up Paul Konerko in this trade...

Oh well i guess its still okay for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    so with this trade we are likely over the lux tax threshold, right?

first time offense... Last year we were NOT (only yankees were)

17. 12-22-2012, 04:36 PM

18. 12-22-2012, 04:38 PM

19. 12-22-2012, 04:39 PM

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast