Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Haha these years of control posts are funny. Those years aren't worth a thing if they're in the minors or sucking in the majors like Melancon.
    Dejesus is a MLB ready utility guy, especially in a second divsion like the NL Central. Melancon has already been good in that division. Sands is ready to be a LHP platoon with Jones.

vCash
    Haha these years of control posts are funny. Those years aren't worth a thing if they're in the minors or sucking in the majors like Melancon.
    Sure. Odds are he's not though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Sure. Odds are he's not though...

Sands and Dejesus are advancing past prospect age. It's not the kiss of death, but the odds are unless it happens this season, they'll never be full-time mlbers. I like Stolmy as well, but he's pretty much a dime a dozen pitching prospect.

vCash
    Sands and Dejesus are advancing past prospect age. It's not the kiss of death, but the odds are unless it happens this season, they'll never be full-time mlbers. I like Stolmy as well, but he's pretty much a dime a dozen pitching prospect.
    Years of control really only matters in terms of Melancon vs. Hanrahan. I'd be surprised if Melancon doesn't find success again. The rest of the guys are potential icing for the Pirates. They don't need much from Melancon to be worth trading Hanrahan for, mainly because of the years of control, because they have a very affordable closer replacing Hanrahan (who's been better than Joel the last two years) and because it allowed them to spend money at positions of need.

I've changed my tune from a Pirates perspective; I think it's a great trade for them. It's a good one for Boston as well...

vCash
    alexspeier #redsox asst GM Brian O'Halloran on impetus for Hanrahan deal: 'We believe we can compete for a division title in 2013'
    http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/th...area-focus-sox

vCash
    Hanrahan will make the all star team

vCash
    Hanrahan is pretty wild and loses the plate often. Another guy who just wails it blindly at 100MPH without a clue where it's going. What's your all's take on the prospects you sent us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Curtain View Post
    Hanrahan is pretty wild and loses the plate often. Another guy who just wails it blindly at 100MPH without a clue where it's going. What's your all's take on the prospects you sent us?
    Melancon could be a good setup for you guys.

Sands could be a good 1B/LF platoon that kills LHP.

Stolmy could be a decent MRP someday, no chance hes a starter or a good one at all. Probably the least valuable long term IMO.

DeJesus could be a good utility guy. I like him.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425