3 100.00%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Phoenix Suns @ Portland Trail Blazers December 22nd 2012

Game starts at 7pm Pacific time at the Rose Garden

11-15 Suns @ 12-12 Trail Blazers

Keys of the game:
    1. Start fast! Get the RG yelling and screaming, let the energy ramp up early.
    2. Rebound, it is no coinsidence that we defeated Nuggets while keeping rebounds neck and neck.
    3. Bench must continue it's steadily improving pace.

vCash
    Game is on NBA TV so I will get to watch it! 2 games in under a week! Just the pick me up I needed.

vCash
    A blazer win tonight and a seahawk win tommor would make my weekend!

vCash
    Kendall Marshall, the other highly touted point guard in the 2012 NBA Draft besides Damian Lillard, is reportedly making progress for the Suns' D-League team, the Bakersfield Jam.

so glad we didn't chase fools gold college stats and big names and went with the Lillard... he is a perfect xmas present

Suns have our number of late we gotta change that!! big game time to move over .500 woot woot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hot Rolllin View Post
    Kendall Marshall, the other highly touted point guard in the 2012 NBA Draft besides Damian Lillard, is reportedly making progress for the Suns' D-League team, the Bakersfield Jam.

so glad we didn't chase fools gold college stats and big names and went with the Lillard... he is a perfect xmas present

Suns have our number of late we gotta change that!! big game time to move over .500 woot woot
    I admit I was so freaking wrong on Marshall. I have a long history of misjudging guards as they come into the league. I am much better at big's and defensive minded players.

vCash

Yeah, I was always against Marshall. Too slow, and he can't create his own shot. Just doesn't work in today's NBA...
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Yeah, I was always against Marshall. Too slow, and he can't create his own shot. Just doesn't work in today's NBA...
    too easy to slide under picks on Marshall and I don't see him as a guard who can get to the glass like Andre Miller.... like you said pretty tough to make it without any outside game as a front liner

Dragic is playing good though... Lillard will have a tough match up tonight... getting stoked

Gotta Drill the Suns tonight!!

vCash

I couldnt figure out why Marshall was getting so much hype on draft day, I thought he should've been a 2nd rd pick. Too many people go by what conference players play in and the level of competition they play against as a tool to how good they will be.
    Marshall's game was nothing special and his assist avg. at NC was nothing to special either considering the talent he had and it only masked the obvious that he is a weak scoring option (bricklayer). Yeah he is quick and has decent court vision but in reality he has probably always used his quickness and ball handling skills to get assists because he is an offensive liability in crunch time.

Alot of people showed how truly inexperienced they are at judging talent at the college level this past draft by the K Marshall over Lilliard. Lilliard may have gone to a smaller school which in my opinion showed how much better he was than Marshall due to the fact he had far less talent and was able to excel against every teams game plan that was almost always directed at shutting him down exclusively.
    Lilliard consistently had double teams and maintained a very high level of offensive success and with continuous defensive pressure on him proved he was a solid decision making playmaker as well.

I still look back to draft day and shake my head at those that thought the Blazers should take Drummond and then Marshall. Those would have been about the 2 stupidest picks in recent memory especially at 6 and 11.

You and I were all about lilliard from the start, we all knew Portland needed a solid PG to get the rest of the team going and everybody wanted to throw 10 million plus at MLE type pgs and draft Marshall (dumb@sses).

In the end the Blazers did the right thing by picking the only pg in the draft that could make an impact and possibly become a great pg. I credit the Blazers owner, yes Paul Allen more than anybody for making this happen because he is the one that said the 6th pick was gonna be Lilliard and kind of eliminated the front office from over debating the pick and possibly buying into the hype of Andre Drummond especially when he was right before ours eyes at the 6th pick.
    Way to lay down the ironfist Paul Allen and bring whom I think will become one of the greatest Blazers of all time to Portland in Lilliard.

I thought Id throw this out there because I give you alot of credit for seeing the Lilliard pick from the start and Im giving you props on all your posts in support of Lilliard.

After 25 games in K Marshall is what I thought he was, nothing special average at best and as for Lilliard well, I dont think there is any question as to this is already his team.

LaMarcus is our best player and allstar but it is quite obvious Lilliard is our most valuable assest and next season Lilliard and LMA will be in the allstar game for the west. Lilliard will be considered our best player by next season and Lilliard and LMA are gonna be a lethal tandem over the next 6 to 7 seasons. At the moment the Blazers have set a solid foundation with Lilliard/Batum/LMA and how far the Blazers will go all depends on how the Blazers shape up the rest of the roster for the longhaul. Currently I think any and all other players outside those 3 could be used in trade even Leonard in a package if the right bigman was available to Portland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerfan21 View Post
    A blazer win tonight and a seahawk win tommor would make my weekend!
    Amen. My two teams, I rarely get to see them play but I get to watch both this weekend!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Amen. My two teams, I rarely get to see them play but I get to watch both this weekend!
    I know this past couple weeks have been great for the northwest sports never seen the seahawks get talked about so much on sportscenter haha. And nice to see blazers with a small win streak. After watching the seahawks offense at the beginning of the season I never thought they would score over 50 but the past 2 games proved me wrong!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blazerfan21 View Post
    I know this past couple weeks have been great for the northwest sports never seen the seahawks get talked about so much on sportscenter haha. And nice to see blazers with a small win streak. After watching the seahawks offense at the beginning of the season I never thought they would score over 50 but the past 2 games proved me wrong!
    People talk as if Wilson played bad against 49ers earlier this year. He had 3 td passes on 3 separate drives dropped in the first half. Those are 3 in-completions that were not his fault that should have been completions and TD's. He carved them up, WR's just played like crap. Add in that he and every player on this team is far far better then when we last played them and that this time we are in Seattle and I am not expecting a low scoring close game at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    People talk as if Wilson played bad against 49ers earlier this year. He had 3 td passes on 3 separate drives dropped in the first half. Those are 3 in-completions that were not his fault that should have been completions and TD's. He carved them up, WR's just played like crap. Add in that he and every player on this team is far far better then when we last played them and that this time we are in Seattle and I am not expecting a low scoring close game at all.
    Yeah 49ers defense didn't play well against the patriots either and might not have Justin smith to! Have you heard what's the deal with Sherman? I think Collin will have his worst game against us. Back to blazers tho, I feel like we should try to move j.j to for a true center and a good role player!

vCash
    Mods took care of it. Ignore this post.
    Last edited by shen; 12-22-2012 at 03:31 PM.

vCash
    If Marshall gets % up and turn overs down he will be a quality starting PG in NBA. Lillard though has chance to be a super star. Marshall does have things going for him though, he is 6'4, averaging 9 points and 7 assists in d league and is younger then me which makes me want to cry. I have reached point where nba rookies are now younger then I am, makes me sad.

vCash
    Got some activity in here right now, hope some of you will be posting during the game. Can count on my 150+ posts.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast