Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronnie Brewer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 29$JerZ View Post
    He's clearly injured.
    And it was always an obvious that Shumperts perimeter defense > Brewers.

We still will run a Kidd/Shumpert/Brewer/Melo/Tyson defense in final minutes which will be awesome.

This place gets so twisted whenever we lose.
    I can take losing, took it as a fan for 10 years. What I can't stand is a near airball on a free throw though, smh.

vCash
    I believe he is injured/ playing hurt. Shumpert won't cure this. Shumpert has two bad knees and his size indicates he will defend pg/sg. He is not gonna cover a Lebron
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    He's clearly injured.

We still will run a Kidd/Shumpert/Brewer/Melo/Tyson defense in final minutes which will be awesome.

Brewer will never see final minutes since he is a liability on offense. It isn't the shots he takes it is how little respect opposing teams have for him. What the Nets did to start the 2nd half against Melo was disgusting and shoudl never happen against a NBA team throwing double teams at him 40 feet from the basket and we couldn't make them pay.

vCash
    I am a big Ronnie fan but at this point I can't wait until Shump takes his minutes. He's a great guy to throw on LeBron though.
    The value of elite scoring ability, by Phil Jackson:

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    Brewer has been good and lately not very good. Personally I would start JR over him.

vCash
    I agree with the above posters that he might've rushed himself back a little too quickly from that arthroscopic procedure he underwent I believe in October??

He just looks slow out there; he's never been an ultra quick player but he definitely has a lot more speed/quickness than what he's been exhibiting this year. He hasn't been moving too well laterally either, and it shows quite clearly in his man to man defense.

I mentioned it in the gameday thread though, we're not utilizing Ronnie in the proper way on the offensive end. He shouldn't be hanging out by the 3 point arc in stationary mode; out of all the guys on the starting 5 he should be moving the most without the ball, that's usually where he does his best work.

Backdoor cuts and offensive putbacks were what I used to see in his game in ABUNDANCE when he was a Bull. He basically does everything that Landry Fields does, but better. Hopefully as he fully heals from his injury, they'll start to utilize him in a more beneficial manner, and that's him in constant motion off the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    I believe he is injured/ playing hurt. Shumpert won't cure this. Shumpert has two bad knees and his size indicates he will defend pg/sg. He is not gonna cover a Lebron
    Shumpert has two bad knees? Okay, that news to me. Where are you getting this info?

I hope that you are not referring to him having tendinitis during a lockout shortened season.

Throwback Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YashBoone View Post
    Stop expecting sooo much of him.
    When Shump comes back, brewer will slip into a bench role specifically for d, which he will focus more on if that's all he has to do.
    But, if you expect him to drop a ton of points each night, then your setting yourself up for disappointment.

Listen to what woody said last night at the post game.
    He isn't going to just stick Ronnie on the bench to rot. He has low confidence right now and only way to break out of his funk is play through it.
    An for woody to show confidence in him
    exactly... and he hasn't been slipping on Defense guys are blowing assignments and not giving him the help he needs

I'm more disappointed with felton more than anyone right now... hes taking shots even tho none of them are going in... like felton it's a reason teams are leaving you open

vCash
    for real.. And it aint even like we lost to the Bobcats.. I could've smelled this loss coming a mile away.

vCash
    He's clearly injured.

Yup. These guys over react soooooo much
    Future Ace

vCash
    GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Ronnie Brewer wasn't done at the conclusion of Saturday's light practice. He went through his own 30-minute halfcourt workout, which consisted of 3-point shooting, conditioning and cone drills to build quickness and explosiveness to the rim.

Brewer knows he's hit a recent wall -- he's averaging 3.6 points and shooting 18.2 percent from 3-point range in December (compared to 41.2 percent in November) -- and wants to put in additional time.

[+] Enlarge

Ronnie Brewer has struggled with his shooting in December.
    "We have a lot of games in a short period of time, so you have to stay sharp," he said. "When you're struggling in a game, you've got to put the extra work in, and I think that's what a lot of guys are trying to do, especially myself."

Brewer returned this season from a medial meniscus tear in his left knee, but he said his recent slump has nothing to do with his health. It's related to his game and mental approach. He said if one shot hasn't been falling, he's hesitating a bit to take the next one, so he's been working with Knicks shooting coach Dave Hopla and assistant Darrell Walker to correct his mistakes and develop positive repetitions.

"I'm not shooting the ball like I wanted to right now," he said. "It's been a tough stretch, but it's something you've just got to fight through, you've got to stay positive, you've got to keep your confidence and I've just got to get back to playing like I did early in the season."

Brewer said the Knicks' spread-out offense is different from the flex offense of his previous teams, Utah and Chicago.

"Here, some of the open gaps are the corner 3s and the mid 3s and midrange. So you've just got to shoot the ball," he said. "That's what coach has been telling me, 'Shoot it, no matter what defenses are doing and what fans might say. You've just got to play with confidence,' and that's what I try to do.
    "
    Lets hope he can work his way out of this funk. I don't want to see a season and a half Landry Fields neverrending type shooting slump. We need him even with Shumpert back because as the dude above me said, Shump isn't a guy you ideally would want to guard bigger wing players like LeBron and Joe Johnson. Brewer is going to be the guy we use to check those guys.

"This is a guy, we recognize his talent, and his skill is the kind of skill and talent that gets you through playoff games where things get sticky, grind-out, and basketball becomes a force game and suddenly you need to have a player who has the capabilities of scoring with someone hanging on them in a situation thatís critical. Heís one of those players, one of the few players who can do that.Ē

vCash
    I'm not saying he's been a poor defender, but I'd settle for some more impact plays defensively if he can't shoot the 3 so well. He needs to at least find his midrange shot.

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    Knicks are 19-7, if they close out the month strong they can be 23-8 or 24-7.

The world isn't ending, give these guys some time to heal and gel.

My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    dang the fans never change there always has to be someone or something to complain about isn't there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan1794 View Post
    dang the fans never change there always has to be someone or something to complain about isn't there
    I think its fair to bring up the way Ronnie has been playing. His D is nowhere near advertised except in extremely small doses and his shooting has plummeted big time after a hot start. The cuts to get open we got accustomed to are few and far between at this point. Nobody is really complaining because Shump is around the corner but I think its fair to bring up his play while still being extremely pumped about our start.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast