Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ronnie Brewer

vCash
    Free cope!

Quote Originally Posted by NYK_kidd77 View Post
    Lol how can you guys hate the knicks thats like going to the special olympics and booing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    He's offering absolutely nothing right now, not even elite D.
    He sucks!!

vCash
    You know the benching of Brewer yesterday and the starting of Kurt Thomas is kind of a precursor as to how Amare can work with Melo... Thomas doesn't provide 3pt range... same as Amare. Amare just need to free himself around the court to knock down those midrange jumpshots the way Thomas does. That keeps the spacing good.

The more I see of that... the more I believe they both can start and work well together. The real interesting change will be if Shumpert can do enough to unseat Kidd as the starting SG... I doubt it but it may happen as a way to give Kidd some rest for a bit as he's been playing way more minutes than expected.
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Becks2307 View Post
    He's offering absolutely nothing right now, not even elite D.
    It is unbelievable how Ronnie's performance has plummeted the last couple of weeks. The worse part is he is not even playing good defense. Couple that with Felton's struggles plus missing Amare, Shump, Sheed and Camby and any team will drop games. I hope we dont lose anymore games in December.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    You know the benching of Brewer yesterday and the starting of Kurt Thomas is kind of a precursor as to how Amare can work with Melo... Thomas doesn't provide 3pt range... same as Amare. Amare just need to free himself around the court to knock down those midrange jumpshots the way Thomas does. That keeps the spacing good.

The more I see of that... the more I believe they both can start and work well together. The real interesting change will be if Shumpert can do enough to unseat Kidd as the starting SG... I doubt it but it may happen as a way to give Kidd some rest for a bit as he's been playing way more minutes than expected.
    Good observation on the Kurt Thomas/Amare situation. I like where your heads at.

I want to disagree with you on the Shumpert situation but after watching Ricky Rubio last week, i think it might be a while before Shumpert unseats kidd from his starting spot. But i am a firm believer that eventually, it will happen. At the end of the day, Jason Kidd was brought here to be the backup PG, NOT the starting 2 guard. I mean look at how we have been playing, who is our backup pg? Pablo? what does he get 8-10 minutes a game? We need kidd to slide into that backup PG spot. Not to mention, like you said, down the stretch, kidd will need rest and shump will continue to make strides. I hope we can all agree that our best Starting lineup is

Chandler, Amare, Melo, Shump, Felton

2nd unit - the OG's - Kidd, JR, Novak, Sheed, Camby with brewer getting sparing minutes and Pablo only getting minutes in blowouts or in case of injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnickerBockerAL View Post
    Good observation on the Kurt Thomas/Amare situation. I like where your heads at.

I want to disagree with you on the Shumpert situation but after watching Ricky Rubio last week, i think it might be a while before Shumpert unseats kidd from his starting spot. But i am a firm believer that eventually, it will happen. At the end of the day, Jason Kidd was brought here to be the backup PG, NOT the starting 2 guard. I mean look at how we have been playing, who is our backup pg? Pablo? what does he get 8-10 minutes a game? We need kidd to slide into that backup PG spot. Not to mention, like you said, down the stretch, kidd will need rest and shump will continue to make strides. I hope we can all agree that our best Starting lineup is

Chandler, Amare, Melo, Shump, Felton

2nd unit - the OG's - Kidd, JR, Novak, Sheed, Camby with brewer getting sparing minutes and Pablo only getting minutes in blowouts or in case of injury.
    I'm very leery of Shumpert's knees. I'm not talking just 1. This dude has issues with BOTH his knees and thinking he can come back and be a starter and provide 25+ minutes a night is asking a lot. I just find the court vision and intelligence of Kidd to be far more important to the lineup than the things Shumpert brings. It's not to minimalize Shumpert in any way. It's more to say that Kidd's offensive mind is much more important especially early on to helping Amare/Melo work than anything else. Overtime we can incorporate Shumpert....
    AS MJ WOULD SAY " IS THIS SIGNATURE IN VIOLATION NOW..."

"Isiah's about as safe as me in a room full of cookies, If I'm in a room full of cookies the cookies ain't got no chance." --- Sir Charles

Anji is offline The Nba is his GAME!!!!!!
    vCash
    I don't think Shumps will start, but Jason to me looks better as a closer. I would give him the majority of his minutes at the end of halfs.

And I think most of the time Amare is going to come off the bench. When we play teams like the Lakers/Grizzles he'll start.
    My mama said pray for them ****** that hate
    They just wanna be in your place.........

Shine on shine on shine on them ******
    Shine on them ****** (what it ain't what it is)
    Shine on shine on shine on them ******

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rhymeratic View Post
    I'm very leery of Shumpert's knees. I'm not talking just 1. This dude has issues with BOTH his knees and thinking he can come back and be a starter and provide 25+ minutes a night is asking a lot. I just find the court vision and intelligence of Kidd to be far more important to the lineup than the things Shumpert brings. It's not to minimalize Shumpert in any way. It's more to say that Kidd's offensive mind is much more important especially early on to helping Amare/Melo work than anything else. Overtime we can incorporate Shumpert....
    thats a good point. we'll see how Woody handles it. Im glad he isn't rushing Stat or Shump back. He is trying to be careful not to reinjure them and make sure they are back to their usual selves for the playoff run.

vCash
    This guy ****ing sucks. He's scored 2 points in his last 5 games. He needs to be benched no matter what.

vCash
    WTF

Fire Hopla

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345