Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    Myers...he's the better hitter with less injury concerns.

Also is people are making there decisions based on Syndergaard remember the Rays also got back Jake Odorozzi....who is a better pitching prospect than Synder and is major league ready.
    What in the world makes you think we could have gotten both Myers and Odorizzi for Dickey. Remember, the Rays gave up Shields (who is likely to top KC's rotation for years after Dickey retires) and Davis, who immediately slots into a #3/4 spot in their rotation or who can be a stellar reliever.

Would you have given Dickey and Niese to get Myers and Odorizzi? I thought not. Gee wouldn't cut it, and we aren't giving Wheeler.

And for the record, the only thing mitigating in Odorizzi's favor over Syndergaard is that he can move into the rotation now, while we will have to wait a couple of years for Noah. But I will take Syndergaard over Odorizzi any day. Odo reached A ball a year later than Syn, but didn't have nearly as good a season there. Minor league career wise, Odorizzi - WHIP 1.227, 2.8 BB/9, 9.2 K/9 and Syndergaard - WHIP 1.085, 2.7 BB/9, 10.0 K/9.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    Not to mention Syndergaard's stuff is just better and more dominant. Plus he's got the big projectable frame.

vCash
    IMO, a catching prospect trumps an OF or 1B prospect, simply because there aren't a lot of solid catchers out there (and they rarely become available)...OF/1B are a dime a dozen, you may not be able to get an Albert Pujols very easy, but to find a .280/.340/.440/.780 OFer isn't the hardest thing to do for 29 major league franchises...

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting...on/of/sort/OPS

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting...ion/c/sort/OPS
    Last edited by vtmet; 12-22-2012 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    wtf are you guys arguing over this for? It's like should we have signed Josh Hamilton over David Wright? Really its neither here nor there.
    That's what I was thinking, lol. I stopped reading once I got to your post.
    I mean, I know that's what this thread was for...oh well.
    asdf

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    But Wright was a stud for us, for many years, and all of a sudden in his prime years, he nowhere near the player he used to be. He needs to go.
    @YoungStuna28

vCash
    It's hard to say... I like D'Arnaud because he is a catcher. I like Myers because I think he will have a better career. I think it's comparing a superstar with an all star.

But if you are talking about trades, I like D'Arnaud and Syndergaard more than just Wil Myers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Just wondering, if things were different, would you have preferred a trade with the Royals centered around Wil Myers because of the dire situation in the outfield or what we received from Toronto because of our abysmal production at catching situation this past season?
    If it were Myers and Odorizzi instead of TDA and Syndergaard.... absolutely!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    What in the world makes you think we could have gotten both Myers and Odorizzi for Dickey. Remember, the Rays gave up Shields (who is likely to top KC's rotation for years after Dickey retires) and Davis, who immediately slots into a #3/4 spot in their rotation or who can be a stellar reliever.

Would you have given Dickey and Niese to get Myers and Odorizzi? I thought not. Gee wouldn't cut it, and we aren't giving Wheeler.
    Shields is only under contract for two seasons and if he has two more great yrs, KC won't be able to afford him, and I'd expect he'd rather sign a massive deal with a contender which KC still probably won't be.

And YES I'd trade Dickey and Niese for Myers and Odorizzi. Dickey wasn't in our future anyway by the time we're ready to compete for a WS, and I'd definitely get rid of Niese who's only had 1 good yr for at least 6+ yrs of Myers and Odorizzi. I expect Odorizzi is gonna end up a better starter than Niese anyway so it doesn't make much sense to me to not want to make that swap. Myers is gonna be an OF stud hitter and Odorizzi is gonna be a good SP, better than Niese.

Anyways, that probably wasn't even an option. KC preferred Shields and Davis over Dickey and Niese anyway. It was said that KC wanted Dickey and Niese for Myers.... nothing ever said that deal would also include their top SP prospect too.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 12-22-2012 at 06:21 PM.

vCash
    Homer thread haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Homer thread haha
    Great insight.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Myers will probably bat around .280 and hit 30+ a year while TDA will probably bat .270 and hit 20+ a year. Even though Myers will have better production, to get that kind of output from your catcher is amazing. Give me TDA, more premium position. You can always find OF, you don't find quality catchers just anywhere
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    Homer thread haha
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjlTZCeF2EU

vCash
    I would have rather had Myers

vCash
    I'm glad we got d'Arnaud, we need a catcher and this guy can develop into a cornerstone piece going foward. There are plenty of outfielders, sometimes good catchers are hard to find and we might of hit gold with this one. At first, I was bummed we didn't get Myers but now i'm glad. We needed a catcher and we got one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    No idea who either guys are.
    you are a met fan? im ashamed to say we root for one of the same teams

vCash
    i think the catcher situation was just as dire...im so excited about this kid D'Arnaud, i may be a little biased because of the mike piazza comparisons (my fav player of all time) but im glad the way it worked out...wil myers is a flat out stud too though, couldnt go wrong either way

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast