Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

d'Arnaud or Myers?

Just wondering, if things were different, would you have preferred a trade with the Royals centered around Wil Myers because of the dire situation in the outfield or what we received from Toronto because of our abysmal production at catching situation this past season?

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    No idea who either guys are.

vCash
    Myers will be better then d'Arnaud and play many more games bc catchers usually only play 145 games a year if they are healthy. However catcher is a harder position to find a good productive player.

So if its between the packs we got with d'Arnaud I would have to take that over just Myers do to the fact we got two other high potential prospects in the deal and because catcher is a harder position to find production at.

Myers will be a better player then d'Arnaud though.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Getting a viable catcher is so much more difficult than getting an outfielder.

Myers may be the better player but TDA can be a more valuable get if he remains a catcher.

For what it's worth, this organization has generally had an outstanding catcher during times of prosperity.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Myers im not a fan of these premium position crap. I feel you just need a couple good bats to really carry a lineup. Most of the best offensive players arent in premium positions like Braun and Miguel Cabrera and id take their bats over a good player at his position. I hope he becomes a great player and excels in this organization. I also hope we draft some OF and stop going after "premium positions" in the draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Getting a viable catcher is so much more difficult than getting an outfielder.

Myers may be the better player but TDA can be a more valuable get if he remains a catcher.

For what it's worth, this organization has generally had an outstanding catcher during times of prosperity.
    Very true. The Mets in general have a long history of good offensive catchers. Carter, Hundley, Piazza, Loduca and now hopefully d'Arnaud.

When u really think about it outside of strawberry and Beltran we really never had very good outfielders. We have had outfielders that had good years like Gilkey and Johnson but never really had an Allstar caliber outfielder.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    It's kinda silly to try to put the milk back in the bottle once it is spilled. But:

Myers>d'Arnaud
    Catcher>Outfielder
    Syndergaard>>>>????
    Buck>Thole&Nickeas
    Beccera>someone we don't know

Since we can't know anything about who else we might have gotten from KC, I'm really glad Sandy pulled off this trade where he, once again, got exceptional value. Much more than most pundits thought he could get.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    I hope he is a lot better than LaDuca.

vCash
    Catcher is the more difficult position to fill capably, so if someone aimed a rubber band at my eye, I'd pick a catcher over an outfielder. Also I believe the likelihood of d'Arnaud reaching his ceiling > Myers reaching his. I think Myers will be exposed as overrated eventually, but can still be solid.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    d'Arnaud. Myers will be solid in the majors but he's not considered the next Braun or Cabrera.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mets100% View Post
    d'Arnaud. Myers will be solid in the majors but he's not considered the next Braun or Cabrera.
    Hm. But I hear d'Arnaud is not the next Posey either, so isn't that a wash?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Hm. But I hear d'Arnaud is not the next Posey either, so isn't that a wash?
    Alot of jealous people are saying that. He very well could be the next Posey, Yadier etc..

vCash
    Wil Myers would been my first choice only because as an outfielder he could play 150+ games a year where as a catcher d'Arnaud max is 120 games. But d'Arnaud was by far my second choice of prospects.

vCash
    By themselves I'd rather have myers.

But Id rather have D'Arnaud + Syn than just myers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Very true. The Mets in general have a long history of good offensive catchers. Carter, Hundley, Piazza, Loduca and now hopefully d'Arnaud.

When u really think about it outside of strawberry and Beltran we really never had very good outfielders. We have had outfielders that had good years like Gilkey and Johnson but never really had an Allstar caliber outfielder.
    Mookie Wilson was pretty darn good, so was Lenny Dykstra. Clean jones, lee Mazilli

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast