Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: #FireSmart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billy17 View Post
    I played on teams running different motion offenses in AAU and HS ball that we had no problem with. I dont even remember all the sets we ran and the different looks we had, we were teenagers! Running an offense means playing with fundamentals. If you know how to dribble protect, pass and finish you can run an offense. These are NBA players, there's no excuse.

Although I have to say, it starts with ownership. How do we get a solid coach without paying them?

We can't just fire Smart, that's what got us here. We have to REPLACE him.

We have a good amount of talent, we need to get through to Demarcus, in a real way. We need to stop believing that players like James Johnson and Travis outlaw with fix us. We need a system and a team built for it.

#selltheteam
    #replacesmart
    #morecowbell
    It starts from the top with the owners. We have to have good owners to have a good team. Until we have good owners, we're gonna be crap. And by good owners, I mean owners with money that are willing to spend.

I don't think anyone believes that Outlaw or James Johnson is the fix, by the way.

vCash
    Although I have to say, it starts with ownership. How do we get a solid coach without paying them?

We can't just fire Smart, that's what got us here. We have to REPLACE him.

We have a good amount of talent, we need to get through to Demarcus, in a real way. We need to stop believing that players like James Johnson and Travis outlaw with fix us. We need a system and a team built for it.

#selltheteam
    #replacesmart
    #morecowbell
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    It starts from the top with the owners. We have to have good owners to have a good team. Until we have good owners, we're gonna be crap. And by good owners, I mean owners with money that are willing to spend.

I don't think anyone believes that Outlaw or James Johnson is the fix, by the way.
    You can't quote a post you obviously didn't read..

My point is that Johnson and Outlaw are the only moves were making..
    The RANADIVE Era

vCash
    Avery Johnson > Keith Smart

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Avery Johnson > Keith Smart
    I thought this was a interesting POV in a Yahoo article.

"There's a reason all those former Spurs teammates who became GMs never considered hiring Johnson as coach. From Cleveland to Phoenix, they all passed on Johnson. His demand for control, his penchant for passing blame in ways large and small played a part in his demise."

I also read that Billy King the GM of the Nets wanted Avery out of there.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--av...205709848.html

vCash
    You can't quote a post you obviously didn't read..

My point is that Johnson and Outlaw are the only moves were making..
    1. I can quote whatever the **** I want.

2. You don't understand what exactly is going on and you're not getting my point.

We need new owners. Until we get new owners, we will more than likely stay at the level we are at. It starts with our owners, not the coach or GM or whoever else you think it may be.

You know why those are the only moves we're making?? Cause those are the only moves we can afford. Cheap owners mean cheap moves.

vCash

#FireSmart

I have been of the belief that you can not continue to fire coaches and expect to put a winning product on the floor, with that being said however I to believe that Smarts dumb *** rotations have lead to quite a few losses. This team is bad enough we don't need the extra help form our coach to lose games. The Dallas game the other night is an excellent example when smarts line up consisted of t-rob, tyreke, Aaron brooks, jimmer, and thornton. We had a 16 point lead when this line up was inserted and this is when all of the momentum shifted Dallases way, they where unable to grab any rebounds or really play defense at all. And to top it all off he didn't recognize that it wasn't working until the lead was down to 6 or 7 points. The starters came back in but at that point it was to late the damage was done. Thoughts???!!

vCash
    The team is better then it was, but not good enough. I've been backing Smart, but I don't know how much longer that I want to see him capt'n the ship. Can we trade players for coaches? Maybe take on an unwanted contract for a coach?

vCash
    With the team up for sale, I doubt that Smart gets fired. However, when the team is sold, I fully expect him to be gone. I'm guessing that new ownership will want to bring in a more high-profile coach to get the fanbase excited.

vCash
    I wws thinking the same thing. Nice take.

vCash
    Smarts safe until the teams sold, but once the teams sold Smart is gone.

In other words his days are numbered.
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7

vCash
    I figure if the team is sold Smart will probably last the rest of the season. Just to be the 8th seed we would probably have to go 32-13 the rest of the way. I would think the Kings new ownership would use the off season to search for a new coach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12