Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #FireSmart

vCash

#FireSmart

“They know that they’re playing terrible basketball right now,” said one source close to the players. “But they’ve thrown their hands up trying to figure out Keith Smart.”

The reason team insiders overwhelmingly pointed to for his departure was his handling of franchise player Stephen Curry, who Smart benched nightly for out-of-the-NBA guard Acie Law.

Smart could never clearly articulate to the press what Curry wasn’t doing to please him, and while Curry could have played more defense or taken better shots he was twice the player that Law was. Curry’s benching cost the team games and it cost Smart respect in the locker room and within the organization.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...ng-on-offense/

I seen this article on the Cousins situation from today. Looks like he talked back to Coach Smart.

Cousins apologized after the game, again via the Bee:

“What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room but I was wrong. But what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room.”

Cousins was then asked what he could do to avoid further situations where attention was on his actions off the court.

“Don’t talk back. That’s the thing. I shouldn’t have responded back. Should have accepted what was said and stayed quiet.”

There are a couple of things in play here. As our own Aaron Bruski told you this week, there is friction and frustration in the Kings locker room with Smart and his rotations. And with reason, the guy is fixated on players like Aaron Brooks and doesn’t seem to be developing a team for the future.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...nt-with-coach/

vCash
    I blame coach Smart for everything. The Kings do not need a trade. The roster is fine.

Too bad the Maloofs are too cheap to pay for the right coach...

vCash
    Sure so who do you think will come, Sloan? He's not going to coach here, he resign because of deron williams, you think he'll come here to coach cousin. And please don't said someone like Pop, there are no coach like Pop. How many more coach do we fire till we admit that it's not the coach fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by i'myourdaddy View Post
    Sure so who do you think will come, Sloan? He's not going to coach here, he resign because of deron williams, you think he'll come here to coach cousin. And please don't said someone like Pop, there are no coach like Pop. How many more coach do we fire till we admit that it's not the coach fault.
    Till we get a coach like Sloan and have the same problems.

We keep getting coaches that had issues elsewhere while they were coaching or ones that aren't the right fit for this young team.

I put the blame on Coach Smart. I think the entire team has a problem with his coaching especially his rotations. The same happened while he was with the Warriors. I bet the whole team has something to say to Coach Smart but you know Cousins is the only one who would actually say something.

vCash
    Westfail 2.0

This is the start of him losing total control of the team.

vCash
    It's frustrating because how hard is it to realize who should and shouldn't play?

We as fans are better than Smart is...

vCash
    We should fire Smart. I can't see how anyone can make a legitimate argument that he's doing a good job. My (somewhat realistic) choices for replacements would be Nate McMillan or Brian Shaw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    We should fire Smart. I can't see how anyone can make a legitimate argument that he's doing a good job. My (somewhat realistic) choices for replacements would be Nate McMillan or Brian Shaw.
    McMillan would be awesome.

I'll take one of the Van Gundy bros., too.

vCash
    How can you just not have an offense on the pro level?? makes absolutely no sense.

vCash
    smart had an offense but the team couldn't run it effectively haha. the basketball IQ on this team is just very low man. same reason you see them come down the court with 20 seconds left and they jack up a shot without any ball rotation and no regard for the fact they could hold for the last possession.

i agree though after smart canned his offensive scheme it doesn't look like he put anything new in place...but i'll be honest i never even noticed when he had his initial scheme in place. still looked like a bunch of guys running around not knowing what to do

vCash

#FireSmart

The Maloof's won't admit they're wrong...wrong again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shady4u View Post
    smart had an offense but the team couldn't run it effectively haha. the basketball IQ on this team is just very low man. same reason you see them come down the court with 20 seconds left and they jack up a shot without any ball rotation and no regard for the fact they could hold for the last possession.

i agree though after smart canned his offensive scheme it doesn't look like he put anything new in place...but i'll be honest i never even noticed when he had his initial scheme in place. still looked like a bunch of guys running around not knowing what to do
    You do realize the triangle is one of the most confusing offenses to run? You can't learn a brand new offense over night, Smart hasn't run any offense in the last 2 years and that's unacceptable

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sactown View Post
    You do realize the triangle is one of the most confusing offenses to run? You can't learn a brand new offense over night, Smart hasn't run any offense in the last 2 years and that's unacceptable
    Keith Dumb.

vCash

#FireSmart

I like the offense tonight! Haha

vCash
    I played on teams running different motion offenses in AAU and HS ball that we had no problem with. I dont even remember all the sets we ran and the different looks we had, we were teenagers! Running an offense means playing with fundamentals. If you know how to dribble protect, pass and finish you can run an offense. These are NBA players, there's no excuse.

Although I have to say, it starts with ownership. How do we get a solid coach without paying them?

We can't just fire Smart, that's what got us here. We have to REPLACE him.

We have a good amount of talent, we need to get through to Demarcus, in a real way. We need to stop believing that players like James Johnson and Travis outlaw with fix us. We need a system and a team built for it.

#selltheteam
    #replacesmart
    #morecowbell
    The RANADIVE Era

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast