Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: #TradeBoogie

vCash
    You have to consider the fact that Demarcus probably really doesnt want to talk to the media right now. He probably feels like he's being analyzed which no one wants to feel. I feel like, while he did put himself in this position, his frustration is warranted.
    The RANADIVE Era

vCash
    Here is a ESPN article on Cousins.

The early word from the DeMarcus Cousins trade watch, according to the latest rumbles on the personnel grapevine, is that Kings co-owners Gavin and Joe Maloof remain reluctant in the extreme to part with their young big man, especially at a time when -- after three suspensions already this season -- Cousins' trade value isn't exactly on the upswing.

There's a growing sense among potential suitors that under-fire Kings general manager Geoff Petrie, who has overseen zero trips to the playoffs under five coaches in the six-plus seasons since Rick Adelman left town, would be willing to move Cousins, preferably in exchange for a dependable veteran of quality or two who could bring some instant improvement to a franchise stuck in lottery land and still plagued by an uncertain future in terms of where this team will be calling home in the long term.

Yet it's believed that the Maloofs just aren't ready yet to entertain the idea of parting with the mercurial center before the Feb. 21 trade deadline, not even after Cousins got suspended for turning on perhaps his biggest non-Maloof supporter in the organization by arguing so heatedly last weekend with Kings coach Keith Smart.

Stay tuned, though. Cousins told USA Today's Sam Amick earlier this week that he won't be pushing for a trade, but Cousins' new agent -- Dan Fegan -- has a contentious history with Petrie after the Kings passed on Ricky Rubio to select Tyreke Evans in the 2009 draft. Trade speculation involving Cousins, now that Steve Nash has returned to calm the Trade Pau hysteria in Lakerland for the moment, is bound to be new favorite sport in 2013 in the slice of the Twitterverse devoted to the NBA.

Front-office sources say that Boston and Detroit, just to name two teams, have let it be known that they are highly interested if and when Cousins does become available. Rest assured there will be more.

Even after all the warnings about the 22-year-old coming out of Kentucky and all the bad shots he's hoisted in Sacramento, where he doesn't seem interested in listening to anyone and also suffers from the lack of a proven point guard who can make the game easier for him, Cousins will continue to draw considerable interest because there are so few young bigs these days with his size, skill and mobility.

vCash
    I personally don't want to trade Cousins for 2 veterans that will take us from 25 to 35 wins. In the NBA the worst place you can be is consistently drafting around 14. I don't want to get to the point where we consistently are either barely missing the playoffs or being 1st round cannon fodder every season. You have to take a shot with a guy like Cousins and hope he matures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I personally don't want to trade Cousins for 2 veterans that will take us from 25 to 35 wins. In the NBA the worst place you can be is consistently drafting around 14. I don't want to get to the point where we consistently are either barely missing the playoffs or being 1st round cannon fodder every season. You have to take a shot with a guy like Cousins and hope he matures.
    Yeah, I don't want to trade him. I'd rather take the chance on him right now.

I may change my mind in the future though. We'll see what happens come the trade deadline.

vCash
    Any chance of Washington trading for Cousins? A package centered between one of Wizard's bigs (Okafor or Nene), Ariza and fillers for Cousins + Garcia and/or Salmons and fillers. I still think there needs to be a third team involved, and Kings would need A LOT of value coming back

Then again- it'll give you around 30-40 wins and barely making the playoffs. If I were the Kings I'd rather keep Cousins and take a chance on him going forward.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iFYouSeekAmy View Post
    Any chance of Washington trading for Cousins? A package centered between one of Wizard's bigs (Okafor or Nene), Ariza and fillers for Cousins + Garcia and/or Salmons and fillers. I still think there needs to be a third team involved, and Kings would need A LOT of value coming back

Then again- it'll give you around 30-40 wins and barely making the playoffs. If I were the Kings I'd rather keep Cousins and take a chance on him going forward.
    Had to change what I said because I was mixed up.

I dont think the Kings would take Okafor. Nene maybe. My guess is Cousins for Beal as the centerpiece players would be the most likely deal.
    Last edited by Plague; 12-30-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456