Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: #TradeBoogie

vCash
    The T-Wolves are reportedly not interested in Demarcus Cousins.

From what I am reading pretty much every team has lost interest in Cousins. Between his attitude and less than stellar play his value has dropped like a rock. I think we are stuck with him for now, at least until he proves he can be valuable again.
    Last edited by Plague; 12-25-2012 at 06:42 PM.

vCash
    Id prefer we just keep him

vCash
    Webber 2.0

vCash
    Here were some thoughts from Chad Ford concerning Boogie:

brian (CA)
    What are your thoughts on the way forward with Demarcus Cousins?

Chad Ford (1:05 PM)
    Tough call for the Kings. Cousins new agent will be pushing hard for a trade. They, along with the rest of the NBA, think the Kings ownership/management is dysfunctional and they want him out of there. The problem for the Kings is that Cousins is their best player, but given his frequent issues with coaches/teammates, teams aren't willing to give equal value back in return. In addition, I'm hearing that there's a split between the GM and ownership on what they want in return. Do they get back established players and try to win now or do they want more young prospects/draft picks? In other words, it's a giant mess ...

Kevin (Miserable at work)
    Hey Chad, big fan....obviously the Celtics need some front court help to be true contenders in the East....any chance D. Cousins would be available from the Kings after his recent behavioral issues? And do the Celts have enough to get a front court player of that caliber if not Cousins? (thinking a package of Sullinger/Lee/future draft picks)

Chad Ford (1:08 PM)
    I do think the Celtics are one of the teams that would be willing to pull the trigger on a Cousins deal. Danny Ainge has never been afraid of players like Cousins. They do have assets too: Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo, Avery Bradley are all players the Kings would have interest in. However, if the Kings do that deal, they take another step backward. Not sure if there's room anymore for the Kings to keep going backward. Pistons, Mavs and Heat are other teams with a lot of interest.

Jon ((Miserable Wizards Fan))
    I know the Wiz don't have much to offer, but I think Washington is the perfect place for Demarcus Cousins to land because he could (theoretically) play with his best friend John Wall. Do you think playing with Wall would be enough to get his behavior in line?

Chad Ford (1:11 PM)
    Yes, the Wizards could use him. Yes, John Wall and Cousins are friends. However, the Wizards just spent all summer purging their roster of malcontents. Not sure they turn around in December and replace all of that with Cousins. It's also pretty miraculous that a team like the Wizards, that's been hanging out in the lottery for years, has nothing really to offer assuming they would trade Wall or Beal for him. What a huge, huge mess in Washington. Not as bad as Sacramento -- but close.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46552

vCash
    What's Sullinger look like?? Would love to get a solid SF for Boogie. Maybe him and Fab Melo?? I know Melo is a project, but we can't go the whole year playing with 3 bigs and putting Johnson and Outlaw out there to play stretch 4.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    What's Sullinger look like?? Would love to get a solid SF for Boogie. Maybe him and Fab Melo?? I know Melo is a project, but we can't go the whole year playing with 3 bigs and putting Johnson and Outlaw out there to play stretch 4.
    Sullinger is a PF. Haven't seen a whole lot of him as a pro, but I did watch the Celts/Nets game yesterday. Sullinger looker pretty good, a little like Glen Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Sullinger is a PF. Haven't seen a whole lot of him as a pro, but I did watch the Celts/Nets game yesterday. Sullinger looker pretty good, a little like Glen Davis.
    I must be thinking of Perry Jones III?? He's a SF, right??

I would rather not trade Boogie for another big. Would rather give T-Rob playing time and see if he develops. He seems to keep getting better as he starts to see more playing time. We'll see what he can do with Boogie on suspension.

vCash
    Sullinger looks like he's 20 lbs overweight.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    If we're looking at any of the packages in that article, please hold off!

We've all seen what Demarcus can do when he's right, and it's dominant.

We all know ownership and it's relationship with management is fvcked, the team is a collage of talent, with zero continuity. The coaching is horrible, if you disagree, go back and watch any game this season. Even in the wins this team goes on stretches of straight sad basketball.

I can't put it all on Demarcus. I'm a non confrontational person, but competitive. When I played I got in feuds with coaches and teammates all the time on losing teams, it gets to you. He's won all his life, he's not enjoying this.

Moreso than anything the organization needs a culture change
    The RANADIVE Era

vCash
    I agree we can't afford to trade him for the sake of trading him. If we get something good in return, that's great. If not, we should just keep him and hope for the best. Hopefully, someone or somthing will get through to him. Also, just to be fair, I curse at things Keith Smart does every game. I can easily see how a player could get frustrated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by billy17 View Post
    If we're looking at any of the packages in that article, please hold off!

We've all seen what Demarcus can do when he's right, and it's dominant.

We all know ownership and it's relationship with management is fvcked, the team is a collage of talent, with zero continuity. The coaching is horrible, if you disagree, go back and watch any game this season. Even in the wins this team goes on stretches of straight sad basketball.

I can't put it all on Demarcus. I'm a non confrontational person, but competitive. When I played I got in feuds with coaches and teammates all the time on losing teams, it gets to you. He's won all his life, he's not enjoying this.

Moreso than anything the organization needs a ownership change
    Fixed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    I must be thinking of Perry Jones III?? He's a SF, right??

I would rather not trade Boogie for another big. Would rather give T-Rob playing time and see if he develops. He seems to keep getting better as he starts to see more playing time. We'll see what he can do with Boogie on suspension.
    Perry Jones is the guy from Baylor that Oklahoma City drafted. I thought he was a steal when the Thunder drafted him not because I thought he was a sure thing but because where the Thunder drafted.

I would take Sullinger but I don't think Sullinger, Bradley, and Melo for Cousins is the answer. Too many young players, we can't keep developing 13 players at a time.

I am going to vent on T-Rob, I personally think T-Rob is getting worst. He can't make anything outside of a dunk, his outside shot is horrendous and looks like it is getting worst. When he goes 1 on 1 with another player he almost never scores.. On defense he freelances too much and the guy he is guarding ends up with easy hoops. He does not box out. He can't win a contested rebound to save his life. He at least use to get a few hustle rebounds but he does not even get those anymore. In the past he use to get a few help side block shots, he does not even do that anymore. I think right now he is the 2nd worst player on the team ahead of only Tyler Honeycutt, T-Rob gives up way too many points on defense because he is out of position, and his offense at best is a negative. I just can't stand watching him because every game I see the same crappy game from him, The only thing I keep telling myself about T-Rob is Jimmer was horrible last season and look how much Jimmer improved in the off season. I have already written T-Rob off for this season, even Myers Leonard looks better than him, I am just hoping in the off season he bulks up and gets a coach to teach him a move, any move, but he has to drastically improve in many aspects of the game before I will even consider him decent, and I don't think giving him more playing time to do the same mistakes is going to help his game get better.
    Last edited by Plague; 12-27-2012 at 06:41 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Perry Jones is the guy from Baylor that Oklahoma City drafted. I thought he was a steal when the Thunder drafted him not because I thought he was a sure thing but because where the Thunder drafted.

I would take Sullinger but I don't think Sullinger, Bradley, and Melo for Cousins is the answer. Too many young players, we can't keep developing 13 players at a time.

I am going to vent on T-Rob, I personally think T-Rob is getting worst. He can't make anything outside of a dunk, his outside shot is horrendous and looks like it is getting worst. When he goes 1 on 1 with another player he almost never scores.. On defense he freelances too much and the guy he is guarding ends up with easy hoops. He does not box out. He can't win a contested rebound to save his life. He at least use to get a few hustle rebounds but he does not even get those anymore. In the past he use to get a few help side block shots, he does not even do that anymore. I think right now he is the 2nd worst player on the team ahead of only Tyler Honeycutt, T-Rob gives up way too many points on defense because he is out of position, and his offense at best is a negative. I just can't stand watching him because every game I see the same crappy game from him, The only thing I keep telling myself about T-Rob is Jimmer was horrible last season and look how much Jimmer improved in the off season. I have already written T-Rob off for this season, even Myers Leonard looks better than him, I am just hoping in the off season he bulks up and gets a coach to teach him a move, any move, but he has to drastically improve in many aspects of the game before I will even consider him decent, and I don't think giving him more playing time to do the same mistakes is going to help his game get better.
    We're not even half way through his rookie season. Let him get some time on the floor before we start to say he's regressing.

vCash
    What about Cousins and Robinson for Kendrick Perkins, Jeremy Lamb, and Perry Jones III? Gives them some young talent and some veteran leadership? The trade I would push for if I were a Kings fan would be Cousins, Evans, and Salmons, for Al Jefferson and Alec Burks? Nice way to dump Salmons inflated contract, and the chances of either Evans or Cousins resigning are not good. Gives a nice low post guy and a good young SG.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post

I agree 100%. I even use the Jimmer example myself so that I don't lose complete faith in him. His one on one moves are non-existent. He either gets swatted or just throws the ball towards the rim. I also noticed about him never getting a contested board, even when he has better position than the other player. Hopefully the guy puts in a lot of work. I also think that a good PG would help a lot. We need someone who can put him in position to use his athleticism, not someone who gives him the ball and lets him go one on one.
    Last edited by Agent008; 12-27-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast