Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I'd say Palmer is the seconf best QB the Raiders have had since their last superbowl title. I'll back Palmer all day. I have confidence in him as a player.
    Cosign 100%
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I'm not seeing that at all. Wheeler and Adams were picked off the scrap heap by McKenzie. If they'd like to come along at a price that makes sense then wonderful. If not, no reason to think McKenzie won't find other gems to take their places.

We need to quickly get to the point where only franchise changing players are "must signs".

-Stork
    Must sign o.k., I will admit is a bit overstated. But in a dark season those players were bright spots. So let me re-phrase....The most sensable signings out of the group would be those players. And I will assume that RM will not turn back to our past and overpay players. I should have phrased that better by adding "Cap Friendly" to my statement.
    Last edited by midwestlaker75; 12-23-2012 at 04:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I'd say Palmer is the second best QB the Raiders have had since their last super bowl title. I'll back Palmer all day. I have confidence in him as a player.
    You`re a glutten for punishment young man.

Palmer does no favors for the longevity of Coach Allen, stop ignoring the evidence.

Mark Davis needs to cut off the Palmer funding, I`m hoping he isn`t as blind as most of the residents here lol.

Oakland needs to wrestle Alex Smith away from the 49ers, the bay rivalry has become very boring, this would add the needed juice for survival.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 12-23-2012 at 06:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    With a better supporting cast and a more imaginative OC this becomes a completely different conversation.

Palmer is completely sufficient to take us to the next stage of our development. That next stage I imagine would be either our ability to bring along a promising prospect or obtain a wind up and go FA.

Fix the other stuff and Palmer could be the guy, way more positives than negatives....
    Simply put, I agree completely!
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    You`re a glutten for punishment young man.

Palmer does no favors for the longevity of Coach Allen, stop ignoring the evidence.

Mark Davis needs to cut off the Palmer funding, I`m hoping he isn`t as blind as most of the residents here lol.

Oakland needs to wrestle Alex Smith away from the 49ers, the bay rivalry has become very boring, this would add the needed juice for survival.
    I guess I'll agree to disagree. I think Palmer is the perfect QB for the Raiders situation going forward. He is THEE leader of this offense. He's a high character guy, has a veteran presence on a young team, and offers stability at one of the most unstable positions in the NFL. He studies his play book in depth, is a gun slinger with a gambler's mentality, and is willing to show enough faith in the players around him, that he'll sling the ball when other QB's would hesitate. Yeah, sometimes it results in interceptions, but I've seen him spiral some balls with pinpoint accuracy, that result in a big play. I'd love it if Palmer restructured again. It'd show his heart is in football and relentless dedication to the Raiders organization. Hey Shred, Norv Turner and A.J. Smith are most likely on their way out of SD. Perhaps whoever takes over would rid themselves of interception machine, Phillip Rivers. Maybe we can add juice to the AFC West division by picking him up...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyTeam View Post
    I think we need to look at this as a glass half full scenario: Oakland is most likely looking to let most of these fellas walk so it comes at an opportune time that they're free to walk as opposed to having players on your roster that you keep because you don't want to take the cap hit. This enables the front office to retain who they want while freeing up space to bring in who they want. The masses knew this was coming and the blood bath has yet to rear it's naked head.
    That is true but the guys sucking up the cap space are the ones under contract. Kelly, DMC, DHB, Branch, all got big cap numbers and big bonuses that will make them prohibitively expensive to part ways with. On the bright side, McKenzie will have some draft picks and be able to get some more guys that fit the scheme. I don't expect a division win next year but improvements should be apparent. The guys they brought this year were some of our better players. Sans Bartell, but find a starting corner for what he was willing to take..honestly. things will start to improve.

vCash
    The only names I want kept is Myers, sh-nasty, lechler (simply because he is a raider for life) and maybe wheeler

vCash
    Lots of paperwork to be filed & lot's of freed up money. This new regime will be released from it's handcuff's and I can't wait to see what an updated Oakland Raiders team will look like. I'm not expecting a complete turn around in 2013, but I will look for a competitive team in 2013.

vCash
    Did you honestley make a thread of our unrestrickted FA???? Who gives a fux!!!!!! New chapter new players! none are worth signing NONE!

vCash
    Palmer should be kept on deck, for his veteran presence, and his willingness to consistently keep the receivers accountable. Its our receiving core that blows chunks. Not to mention the handicapped OC we have.

Its time to focus more on the defensive side of the ball before he start worrying about our QB. If he brings high draft picks ill rethink the whole idea of palmer being in OAK.

vCash
    If we're guna keep Knapp IDK if CP3 is his kinda QB. Personally, I like CP3 and think he needs to stay put allowing us to concentrate on other areas.

If not, whoever is going to run the O is guna need to pick his kind of personnel based on the type offense he runs.

Seems we still don't have an identity on offense with a bad match between personnel and scheme.

It's sad. Seemed if we just took up where we left off with our offense and DA concentrated on our D, we'd be OK. But then the O regressed in a big way.

"Just Win Baby!"

vCash
    I would suprised if Knapp is retained, his offensive philosphy will endure, but its doubtful he will cordinating it for the Raiders in 2013. I could be dead wrong, but I hope I am not. I am really hoping for Marty Mornhinweg provided he does not follow Reid to his next desitnation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwood View Post
    The nice thing is that RM has a nose for finding talent..with money freed up and some draft picks, he wont have to do any dumpster diving for players. We shouldn't be in a rush to resign FA's on a 4-10 team, although Wheeler, Meyers and Adams have played well and are definitely welcomed back with cap friendly contracts.
    Very true, he has such a good eye for talent, that he brought in such a great group of corners that we are probably the worst secondary in the NFL.

Wheeler had a good season, he will not be cheap to sign.

everyone else can go. we have folks we can deal for picks. Drop the big contracts and if we are only going to win 4 games, clean house and get young talent in here while Veldheer, Houston and Wiz are still young.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    I would suprised if Knapp is retained, his offensive philosphy will endure, but its doubtful he will cordinating it for the Raiders in 2013. I could be dead wrong, but I hope I am not. I am really hoping for Marty Mornhinweg provided he does not follow Reid to his next desitnation.
    I have to agree that O philosophy has to change, Snake.
    My problem this year is that everyone is asking for the heads of
    Knapp and our offense.

When clearly the defense is a HUGE problem.
    Examples:
    -We are 30th in the NFL in opposing QB passer rating.
    -We are 31st in the NFL points given up in the passing game (second to the Bills).
    -We are #2 in the NFL with giving up 12 plays of over 40+ yards in the passing game.
    -We are 30th in the NFL with QB completion percentage.
    -31st in the NFL in sacks(only ahead of the Jags).
    -We have given up more rushing TDs than ALL but 1 team(Bills).
    -29th in the NFL in 20+ yard runs given up on the season.
    -30th in TOTAL points given up.
    -29th in total tackles.(cant tackle anyone)

However we are 8th in the NFL in passing.
    We are 8th in the league in pass protection.

Just horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdgallday View Post
    Did you honestley make a thread of our unrestrickted FA???? Who gives a fux!!!!!! New chapter new players! none are worth signing NONE!
    Yeah I did create a thread with intent of discussing Raiders football and upcoming changes. Don't like it, then beat it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast