Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Wheeler, Adams, Myers, and Goodson I would like to see back. The rest can kick rocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the_firm_09 View Post
    That`s very easy to say, what evidence do you have ? Is it because other people say so ? I don`t see anything from Palmer that says, yes he`s the guy we want leading the Oakland Raiders.

11 years with 1 playoff start, Tebow had 2 in the first year and he doesn`t even play now lol.

Palmer is the excuse of why his teams are bad, yet everyone looks for all the other excuses around him which is beyond laughable.
    We would all like a franchise quarterback of the Mannings, Brady or Rodgers caliber, but that's not looking like and option in this years draft. There really doesn't look to be anyone in free agency either. We can still try to develop Pryor and keep looking for another option, I believe Palmer is the best option out there at this moment. Not a great option, but best at the moment.

Do we want better play out of him? You betcha! If next year with a new OC,a little better protection and hopefully some receivers that catch he is still struggling to find the inzone I'll be right next to you screaming for Reggie to do something.

Right now though I'm willing to let him have a pass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiders1951 View Post
    I had assumed that the "New Era of Excellence" would take until 2014 to bear fruit. But the more I think about it the more I think we might be competetive in 2013. The inflated salaries and salary cap mess will be significantly cleared up after this year. We will be on an equal footing with everyone else.

So RM's eye for talent will be put to the test with a huge turnover in the roster. It will be up to the coaches to get all these new pieces to the puzzzle to come together. There is hope for our first winnning season since the days of Gannon.

IMO we already have the QB who can play at that level. It's a whole lot easier to find RBs, CBs, WRs in the draft or free agency.
    Agree on the QB..now if we had WR's that could hold on to the ball.....

[B]New York Yankees 27 World Championships.....need I say more?
    Oakland Raiders 3 Super Bowl Victories/rest of the AFC West 3 Super Bowl Wins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwood View Post
    The nice thing is that RM has a nose for finding talent..with money freed up and some draft picks, he wont have to do any dumpster diving for players. We shouldn't be in a rush to resign FA's on a 4-10 team, although Wheeler, Meyers and Adams have played well and are definitely welcomed back with cap friendly contracts.
    Good post. I have been impressed with what Reggie has been able to do with no cap space or draft picks, enough so that I believe he has the ability to build a very strong roster once he is allowed the resources every other well run team enjoys. Well put Raiderwood.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    We would all like a franchise quarterback of the Mannings, Brady or Rodgers caliber, but that's not looking like and option in this years draft. There really doesn't look to be anyone in free agency either. We can still try to develop Pryor and keep looking for another option, I believe Palmer is the best option out there at this moment. Not a great option, but best at the moment.

Do we want better play out of him? You betcha! If next year with a new OC,a little better protection and hopefully some receivers that catch he is still struggling to find the inzone I'll be right next to you screaming for Reggie to do something.

Right now though I'm willing to let him have a pass
    Holy crap we gotta wait another year? Next year we`ll be saying, to bad we didn`t let him go at the end of last year, its more of a delay for success down the road, you gotta pull the trigger and go for change.

Oakland needs to grab Nassib from Syracuse, otherwise he`s gonna sit behind Brady and the Patriots will see 5 more Super Bowls between 2020 - 2030. Billichick didn`t send his staff to the the Carrier Dome for vacation bonus`s, something is brewing lol.
    Last edited by the_firm_09; 12-22-2012 at 04:43 PM.

vCash
    Holy crap we gotta wait another year? Next year we`ll be saying, to bad we didn`t let him go at the end of last year, its more of a delay for success down the road, you gotta pull the trigger and go for change.

Oakland needs to grab Nassib from Syracuse, otherwise he`s gonna sit behind Brady and the Patriots will see 5 more Super Bowls between 2020 - 2030. Billichick didn`t send his staff to the the Carrier Dome for vacation bonus`s, something is brewing lol.
    Nassib, glennon, Dysert are all guys we should look at.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderposting View Post
    Nassib, glennon, Dysert are all guys we should look at.
    I agree, for the future, but come on Firm really? you make it seem like Palmers complete & utterless garbage. We desperatly need to sell tickets so if we cut Palmer and bring in some rookie, do you really think thats gonna help fill in seats at the O.co colosium? no way, i would like it if we brought one of these young rookies in but, only to sit behind Palmer for atleast another year(maybe even 2) and soak in as much knowledge and experience as possible until he's ready to be thrown in there.(that's if the TP project doesn't pan out as well i guess) We have much bigger needs on defense to be wasting a draft pick on a QB in this years draft...besides i got a gut feeling that were gonna be pretty decent next year, quite the contrary from what most believe. Palmers gonna play with a chip on his shoulder next year and with all the young drafted talent and FA's that Reggie's gonna bring in next year[not to mention how shity we've played this year] we can only go up from here IMO. Call me optomistic but im stickin' to it...
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 12-22-2012 at 07:21 PM.

vCash
    I only see a few on that list that i believe are keepers. No need to put them down because a lot are on the same train of thought.

Shane is what I am concerned about. I love the guy and he is a true Raider, but what is going to be the price that RM is willing to pay a punter.

vCash

They have Mallet for that already i think

vCash
    That`s very easy to say, what evidence do you have ? Is it because other people say so ? I don`t see anything from Palmer that says, yes he`s the guy we want leading the Oakland Raiders.

11 years with 1 playoff start, Tebow had 2 in the first year and he doesn`t even play now lol.

Palmer is the excuse of why his teams are bad, yet everyone looks for all the other excuses around him which is beyond laughable.
    Hey firm, I personally feel Palmer is the best QB we've had since Ganno.. Primarily because he IS a leader. He holds himself accountable on and off the field. Sure he makes some questionable decisions, but he BELIEVES in the players surrounding him. Palmer, since with the Raiders, has thrown some bombs with pinpoint accuracy. He gives his teammates an oppurtunity to make plays-sometimes he connects for big gains, and when he ****s up, I don't think theirs a player on this team with a heavier beart or guiltier conscience. What would this teams identity be without Palmer? Where would this team be without him? Palmer's good enough to lead the offense into the future. You can see it in his character, and the way he conducts himself.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiderwood View Post
    Agree on the QB..now if we had WR's that could hold on to the ball.....
    Exactly. The WRs we have would not be starters on any other team. Maybe not even #2 WRs. The last couple games Moore would have been demoted but we have no great alternative. DHB has been in hiding.

And that makes what Palmer has done this year amazing. DMC takes another year off and we dont have Bush so they know we have to throw. And we have to throw to WRs that dont read and react to the coverages and when they do the drop the ball. Palmer is #7 in yardage so far, a couple yards behind Peyton Manning. He has 22TDs and 14INTs. Without looking up their stats I recall that being not as good as Gannon (who had Brown and Rice) but a lot better than Snake

Watching him live is really impressive - he has the clock in his head, is always calm, a real leader - the only one we've had since Gannon.
    Last edited by Raiders1951; 12-22-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    A few minutes later, Lincoln Kennedy to Charles Woodson: “What are they reviewing? It was a fumble”.
    Greg Biekert to Kennedy and Woodson: “They’re going to overturn it because they’re taking too long and we’re the Raiders”.[
    SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    With that number of possible players leaving, this will be a huge opportunity to change the face of the team. This will be a good thing, the last of Al's players and influence purged, time for McKenzie and Co. to shine.

Take me to Missouri Reggie......
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

vCash
    If you support palmer don't bring up he fact that he's the best since Gannon other than campbell(borderline starter/better backup) raiders went through some of the shittest QBs. Of course he's the best since. We still need our franchise Qb, however.

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    I'd say Palmer is the seconf best QB the Raiders have had since their last superbowl title. I'll back Palmer all day. I have confidence in him as a player.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I'd say Palmer is the seconf best QB the Raiders have had since their last superbowl title. I'll back Palmer all day. I have confidence in him as a player.
    With a better supporting cast and a more imaginative OC this becomes a completely different conversation.

Palmer is completely sufficient to take us to the next stage of our development. That next stage I imagine would be either our ability to bring along a promising prospect or obtain a wind up and go FA.

Fix the other stuff and Palmer could be the guy, way more positives than negatives....
    "An armed man is a citizen, an unarmed man is a subject"

Unknown

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast