Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    You know what's interesting? No one deniied that Tebow was Woody's idea until the team started to blow up.
    You know whats more interesting? Nobody gave it any thought until the team started to blow up. Then the media needed a juicy story. Bam the inept owner of the inept Jets forces the inept Tebow on the inept coach Rex Ryan.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
    You know whats more interesting? Nobody gave it any thought until the team started to blow up. Then the media needed a juicy story. Bam the inept owner of the inept Jets forces the inept Tebow on the inept coach Rex Ryan.
    That's completely false. From day 1, everyone in the media and fanbase has been saying that this was a headline grabbing move by Woody.

The owner just didn't address the issue until the team blew up.

I will agree with one thing. I don't think the person who made this decision had any idea how bad a decision it would turn out to be.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    The Jets should not fire Tanny in my eyes. I've thought about this for a while and I just can't justify firing this guy. No he hasn't been perfect but its very rare a general manager ever is. The Jets have a good team believe it or not and the faults aren't entirely his fault. There are certain things the Jets have put off that need to be addressed but overall, the reason this team isn't succeeding has more to do with players not getting it done than Tannenbaum ****ing up. If you don't want to read the roster analysis I just made you could just scroll down I guess. Its kinda long, maybe not all that necessary.

Quarterbacks:
    Mark Sanchez- He earned a 4th year to start and he **** the bed. Contract extension was a poor idea and something he should have learned about from the Holmes contract regarding guaranteed money. I don't think he expected Mark to be THIS bad and make him play a 5th year on the team seem like such an awful idea.
    Tim Tebow- Woody Johnson's decision. Tanny and this team brought in Stanton and said that was all they were doing for the QB situation. Remember that.
    Greg McElroy - Great 7th round pick at this point.

Overall: You get rid of Mark and get someone who doesn't really **** up (could it be McElroy?) and I think this entire team is different.

Running Backs:
    Shonn Greene- Can't play in September for whatever reason but he is a good running back during this time. A good player the Jets should really look to bring back in a 1b role.
    Blial Powell- Powell is proving to be a good pick, looking like he can play the role of a September back for this team when Greene struggles.
    Joe Mcknight- He doesn't get carries but he is a great return man. He should be seeing more carries. Simply doesn't for whatever reason.

Overall: Like what I see, almost enough for me to say that I could go into next year with this exact same core.

Fullback
    John Conner- Not Tanny's pick. This is Rex's pick and he busted. Just want to make that clear.

Wide Receivers
    Santonio Holmes- He made a mistake paying him as much as he did but Holmes is a good player. Put someone beside him that can make plays and get covered consistently and you have a number 1 type receiver.
    Stephen Hill- He's a rookie and he had a pretty decent season I'd say, unfortunately the Jets needed more from him this year. This pick needs to step it up next year.
    Jeremy Kerley- Could be a great slot receiver. Adjusts to the ball. Fantastic late round draft pick. Should be noted that this was "Schotty's guy" in the draft.
    Chaz Schillens- He's a 4th string receiver. Pretty good in that role.
    Braylon Edwards- Tha gawd.
    Clyde Gates-He has good potential and that's about it. Makes some good plays. This is irrelevant to continue to this point anyways.

Overall: Again is this a bad core? Not at all. You get an efficient passer and this core next season is going to look pretty good in all honesty. It can be better but mainly, it revolves around Stephen Hill's development at this point. He develops well and the Jets don't even need fixing for the future. I don't see the Jets doing anything important this offseason to improve it. And they wont need to.

Tight Ends
    Dustin Keller- This is the first player I categorize under the "is it Mike Tannenbaum's fault" list. Is it his fault Keller never grew to his potential? Keller is exactly like Jermichael Finley and Pettigrew. He could have been a top 10 tight end in this league, flashed a few times and then just disappointed. He could go somewhere and be something special but he'll probably just be what he always has been here. Time to wave goodbye and realize this isn't Tanny's fault.

Offensive Line
    D'brickashaw Ferguson- Gets paid a lot of money and has truly earned it this season. Bounced back well, made his contract worth it.
    Matt Slauson- Is it Tanny that's forcing the team to sub out Slauson for Ducasse? Hope not. Slauson is a good player and should keep seeing reps. Very late round pick guys... just something to note.
    Nick Mangold- Probably a top 3 center in the league in a mediocre year. Mangold has been a great pick and the reason for a ton of success the Jets have had.
    Brandon Moore- Old age may be catching up to him but he hasn't played like it recently.
    Austin Howard- His only mistake was trusting his offensive line coach and the team long enough to think Hunter could actually play for the team this year. Regardless, Howard has been great in comparison. Nothing special but this is a practice squad player the Jets signed. He's been good enough.
    Vlad Ducasse- If the Jets decide to let Brandon Moore go and the Jets start Ducasse in his place, if he doesn't have success necessary, Tanny bites the dust.

Overall: Don't let people trick you with the "OMG Mark is always pressured." This is a good offensive line. Its not 2008, 2009 or even 2010 good but its far from bad. Without Wayne Hunter, the Jets have proved the offensive line is back.

Overall Offense: Offense isn't as bad as it looks on Sundays. I loved Mark but I truly believe upon review he is the downfall. There aren't superstars here but I don't think you need superstars, you need efficiency. The Jets can get an efficient quarterback and this team is no different than the past teams that made runs at the AFC Championships.

Defensive Ends:
    Mo Wilkerson- The dude is a straight up stud. Honestly, with all things considered, only 3-4 defensive end I'd rather have right now is JJ Watt. First round pick that has been great.
    Mike Devito- I've always been tough on Devito because Jet fans think he is so underrated and I've always thought he was just mediocre. But the fact is, the guy has been a decent starter for multiple years as an undrafted free agent. Good player.
    Quinton Coples- Really excited for what he might become. His lack of playing time will disappear next year and I think he will be making plays for us. He's a good player.

Overall: Depends on if we switch to a 4-3 here but this is a pretty good group of players. Mo's dominance shows that it really doesn't matter what pick you end up with in the draft because there are superstars all over.

Defensive Tackles:
    Sione Pouha- Is it Tanny's fault he has completely under performed? Nope. Categorize it. Sione was good but he's had a bad season. This is a perfect example of a player getting a general manager in trouble. I don't think very many people said "Let Pouha go" last season. But he's been pretty bad this year and is a reason for defensive problems. I wonder how much the Jets can save by cutting him.
    Kenrick Ellis- He has to get better but I think its time for him to get the reps necessary.

Outside Linebackers:
    Calvin Pace- There was a time where Calvin Pace was a pass rusher. Now he's too old. That said, he is actually good at containing the run and isn't that bad. But he has to go because he's not good enough in coverage and its time to get a pass rusher.
    Bryan Thomas- See Calvin Pace, copy and paste it here for me.
    Garrett McIntyre- Pretty good at what he does. Far from elite and no Cam Wake but this is a CFL talent who really isn't too bad.
    Vernon Gholston- I'm putting this here because its relevant. We went for a passrusher and it didn't work. 2008 wasn't that long ago. Category this under the "Is it really Tannebaum's fault" again. You put me in that situation again, 9 out of the 10 times, I'm going to take Gholston in that scenario. He busted, that's all there is to it.

Overall: The Jets haven't addressed this position in years but they will do so I think. Just pray its not a Gholston.

Inside Linebackers
    David Harris- "Is it really Mike Tannebaum's fault?" The contract is far from outrageous considering what he can provide but he isn't doing it. He earned an elite contract because he put together some elite seasons. Is he overpayed? Maybe a little but not too much. He just has to play like he has shown he can.
    Bart Scott- Great signing to start the Rex era and a huge reason the Jets had as much success as they did when they were really competing. He's basically done now and won't be back but for 3 years he provided goods for this team.
    Demario Davis- Don't get why the Jets stopped giving him reps after the Patriots game. I think he is very good and will be very good for this team.

Overall: Depends on if we switch to a 4-3 this year but the Jets got Demario who will be on the team for a while me thinks. David Harris better step it up.

Secondary
    Yermiah Bell- Good old veteran who has shown what he can do. He's been very strong this year for the Jets. Tanny saw the safeties as a weakness last year and fixed it. Give him credit.
    Laron Landry- Has turned out to be a great signing. Not sure the team can bring him back but he wasn't a liability, brought back the Jet attitude the team used to have when we were really good and hit like a WMD.
    Eric Smith- Jet fans begged for him to be cut but Tanny man'd up and did a smart move by keeping him. He's a good player in a rotational role.
    Darrelle Revis- Revis Christ. But don't give Tanny credit, every good pick from the before Rex era is because of Mangini.
    Antonio Cromartie- Dominant. The Jets traded for Cro and it's worked out brilliantly. He is a top 10 corner in this league easily. My biggest problem with everything Tanny has done is based around the Asomugha scenario. He nearly ****ed up huge with that.
    Kyle Wilson- He's not great and I wish in retrospect the Jets went elsewhere. But I don't blame Tanny for the pick, I blame Wilson for not developing better. He's a pretty good nickelback.

Overall: Bold comment here but if Revis doesn't get hurt this season, I really don't think teams would have scored points on our defense.

Its easy to look at some of the things Tanny's done and get mad. But dont forget how much good he has done for the team. Don't forget how we got to the spot where we were legit contenders for a superbowl. And really, look at the fact that we went all in basically for 2010 and put ourselves in cap hell, yet the team never really decreased in talent THAT much. Most of the reasons the team hasn't had success falls on the players.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=414638

There is a reason we said he was one of the best GMs in the league not too long ago.
    This is kind of a ridiculous post.

How do you not see that the entire offense sucks? Every player in that offense sucks. It's been completely inefficient and terrible, Sanchez or not.

Greene is a going to be a 3.9-4.0 YPC guy, Powell is a backup. Hill has been terrible this season, Holmes is overrated, Edwards is a shell, Sanchez is obviously terrible. The cheap signings - Schilens, Gates - awful, can't ever get separation. Keller is a disappointment.

McElroy is the only unknown.

We need a new QB, a star RB, a couple of Pro Bowl caliber wideouts like free agents in Bowe and Jennings.

Defense isn't the issue. But every player on this offense needs to be replaced.

vCash
    I'm so glad you aren't a Met fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    This is kind of a ridiculous post.

How do you not see that the entire offense sucks? Every player in that offense sucks. It's been completely inefficient and terrible, Sanchez or not.

Greene is a going to be a 3.9-4.0 YPC guy, Powell is a backup. Hill has been terrible this season, Holmes is overrated, Edwards is a shell, Sanchez is obviously terrible. The cheap signings - Schilens, Gates - awful, can't ever get separation. Keller is a disappointment.

McElroy is the only unknown.

We need a new QB, a star RB, a couple of Pro Bowl caliber wideouts like free agents in Bowe and Jennings.

Defense isn't the issue. But every player on this offense needs to be replaced.
    Granted they didn't have their best game, but your including D'Brick and Mangold in your "every player on this offense needs to be replaced" rant.

vCash
    This team offensively has worse talent than the Kotite days and is probably slower on defense from those teams. I can confidently say that all the "weapons" on that 1-15 Jets team could beat out the skill players on this team. That is grounds to get fired as a a GM.
    96 Jets offense vs today's Jets
    Chrebet>Holmes
    Rob Moore>Hill
    Murrell>Green
    Richie Anderson>Hilliard
    Kyle Brady>Keller
    Neil O'donnel>Sanchez

This is truly sad and painful to watch. A fan of any team should not got through this kind of misery twice in lifetime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    This team offensively has worse talent than the Kotite days and is probably slower on defense from those teams. I can confidently say that all the "weapons" on that 1-15 Jets team could beat out the skill players on this team. That is grounds to get fired as a a GM.
    Chrebet>Holmes
    Rob Moore>Hill
    Murrell>Green
    Richie Anderson>Hilliard
    Kyle Brady>Keller
    Neil O'donnel>Sanchez

This is truly sad and painful to watch. A fan of any team should not got through this kind of misery twice in lifetime
    I agree with you Clarkib. If you look at the rest of the NFL, even the bad teams like Kansas City, Jacksonville, and Phildelphia, all of them have something that you can "hang your hat" on for the future. When you look at the Jets, what exactly do you have to "hang your hat" on and build around? Nick Mangold? A center? That is what concerns me.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Tannenbum needs to be fired sooner rather then later. I don't care what he has done in the past he has brought this team down a dark and painful road we didn't need to go down. We made a left turn when we shoulda kept going straight and he is driving the car on this mission to no where. I don't have faith or trust the guy as GM of this team anymore, I don't think he is capable of fixing this problem because he is the one who started it. A new GM needs to come in and fix this mess,Someone get Bill Polian on the phone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkib View Post
    Chrebet>Holmes
    Rob Moore>Hill
    Murrell>Green
    Richie Anderson>Hilliard
    Kyle Brady>Keller
    Neil O'donnel>Sanchez

Im a huge HUGE Wayne "greenlantern" Chrebet fan but sorry Holmes is more talented. Chrebet was a gritty Wr who would get you 1st downs. Chrebet is the better story the better team player. The short slow WR who nobody heard of. This is why he is great!

Holmes on the other hand is DIVA wr who puts himself before the team. He is also a WR who can take it to the house on a 5 yard slant.

Adrian Murrell better than greene? I dont think so. Although a Murrel/Greene combo would be pretty bad ***.
    Murrell's problem was that he danced in the hole too much.

Kyle Brady? Really? that guy sucked ***. Could have had Warren Sapp. Kyle Brady is one of the biggest Jets bust right besides Blair Thomas and Vernon Gholston.

I dont like Sanchez but Odonnel? Come on man!!! Id take Sanchez over O'donnel..Heck give me Rosey!!

Rob Moore never played under Kotite. Ron Moore did but I think you meant Keyshawn Johnson. Either way yes Keyshawn is/was much better than Hill. Keyshawn was also a first round #1 pick.

Keyshawn is Braylon Edwards. I would call that a wash.

no arguement on Anderson. He was an ok blocker and very good catching passes out of the backfield.

I know the 2012 Jets are bad...But not nearly 1996 bad.
    Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-25-2012 at 05:57 PM.

"The Butt of all jokes"

vCash
    Could not disagree more with the analysis of the offensive side of the ball.

You blame Sanchez yet if you take away the QB position and evaluate our current roster: in terms of WR, TE, RB and OL there isn't a roster constructed with less talent in the NFL.

I'm sure you'll point to injuries to Keller and Holmes but every team in the NFL gets hit with injury bug and the problem is with Tannenbaum the Jets are relying far too heavily on players that aren't performing at a high enough level for what their role is and there is a complete lack of depth within the Jets.

WRs- One of the worst if not the worst WR core in the NFL. As we've seen we rely on Santonio Holmes far too much in the passing game. At best he's an average #1 WR and great #2 WR. Anyone after Holmes on our roster is a #3 option at best right now (Please don't tell me Jeremy Kerley is a #2 WR after this season) yet look at our current receiving core.

How many times this year do we see the Jets WRs not winning the 1 on 1 battle? It's actually pretty pathetic and embarrassing.

It's beyond obvious we don't have enough talent at WR.

RB: Sean Greene hasn't shown he's a number 1 running back at all. The guy is clearly a #2 back in the league. Powell shows potential of being a #2 in the league and Mcknight could develop into a solid 3rd down running back.

Yet this is the core we rely on for a "ground and pound mentality." Again, we're asking for Greene to do more than he's capable of. At best greene is a good #2 option for a ground and pound team and nothing more.

Again, we don't have enough talent at RB.

There is no answer at RB on our current roster. I don't feel remotely comfortable with these 3 again.

TE- Dustin Keller has always been extremely inconsistent in terms of receiving yet he has NEVER been a good pass protector/ run blocker. Despite Keller having the worst season of his career, the running game and pass protection also suffered because we didn't have an extra guy to send in to pass protect or someone who could hold his own in the running game.

We rely far too heavily on Keller who has always been an inconsistent receiver with limited blocking skills.

OL- In my eyes average. Could use fine tuning but certainly isn't getting any help from having the worst skill position players in the NFL.

QB- Steve Young said it best. What a joke of a way to develop a franchise QB. Surround him with a revolving door of talent. Each year the skill position players are worse than the last. But at the same time Sanchez doesn't step up, show a spark and say I'm not going down like this, instead he seems to accelerate the bad which is painful to watch.

How Tannenbaum handled Sanchez alone may be enough to warrant his firing.

1) The amount of money we spent on Tebow was a complete waste. It could have been used to fill other needs, while using Jeremy Kerley in the wild cat package.
    2) Only Rex Ryan and some jets fans are delusional enough to think that bringing Tebow onto this team after what a circus we became the previous year was a good idea and could somehow work.
    3) The splitting of time/snaps was a complete failure. No other teams in the NFL do this why us ?
    4) Most GMs that draft a QB that high, especially QBs as inexperienced as Sanchez would make him a priority and surround him with weapons instead of feeding him to the wolves with a mediocre RB core, a highly inconsistent TE, and a WR core that's not only been defined as cancerous to the locker room but also loses talent as the years passes.
    Last edited by MSG34; 12-26-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKnickFanatic View Post
    You know youre a Knicks fan when no matter how bad they suck, and all the wrong moves they make, and all the stupid crap they do, you stand by them, rooting for them, hoping they can turn it around soon!

vCash
    For anyone who wants to kill Tanny for drafts, please take a look at Bill Parcell's selections in 1997, 1998 & 1999. Seriously, take a look. Here's a link if you like:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/ful...3430&type=team

Parcells drafts were pretty much awful, and yet many in the media want to bring him back now. He benefitted from a brilliant season from Vinny Testaverde (who he signed as a backup), and is somehow considered to be their savior for 2013. Even his 2000 draft, where he had four 1st rounders, could be considered to be a disappointment.

If you take a look at Tanny's drafting record, the killers were Gholston, Sanchez, & Ducasse. Of the 3, the only bad selection was Ducasse, as it was a total reach. Gholston was a bust, but was projected to go right where they picked him, and they needed a pass rusher. I'm pretty much a Sanchez hater, but that was a great move Tanny made in 2009. They needed a franchize QB, and they picked a guy almost everyone loved. Just like 99% of other Jet fans (and the media), I thought it was a great move.

Yes, Tanny did not draft skill guys high in the draft, so instead he went after proven players in free agency. Holmes, Thomas Jones, LT, T-Rich, Edwards, Plax, Mason. Some of it didn't work out, but the results would have been much better if there was a quality QB in place the last 4 years.

Tanny drafted a bunch of quality players on defense. He did not have a lot of high 1's to work with since the team has had decent records during his run. His best opportunities to hit home runs were the Sanchez and Gholston picks, and again, they were not bad selections.

I'm not even hating the Tebow move. It is obvious to me that they counted on Sparano to know how to run an effective wildcat / option offense, but we have all learned that he was not qualified to do so. Everyone knows that Rex wouldn't know how to use Tebow, and that he doesn't even have a positive impact on the offense. They just obvioulsy picked the wrong guy to be OC, a position that demands creativity. Hiring Sparano: bad. Trading for Tebow: incomplete

This team does not need a new GM, or a new coach (although I would certainly welcome Polian, a definite upgrade.) This should be the wish list for next year:

- Hire a creative / quality OC.
    - Obatain a quality QB. I say trade for Flynn, and include Sanchez in the deal. (I consider Flynn to have the largest upside out of any QB who might be available to them for next year.) Then let Flynn & McElroy battle it out.
    - Sign Edwards & Keller. That gives us Holmes, Edwards, Hill, Kerley, Keller & Cumberland. Enough good pass catchers there.
    - Obtain pass rushing LB. Probably 1st rounder in the draft. This player then starts with Harris, Davis & McIntyre.
    - Obtain a starting quality RT.
    - Sign Landry, & move Wilson to safety.
    - Obtain a home run type running back, maybe in the 2nd round. Let Greene walk, keep Powell.

Tanny can pull all of this off. He will make moves that make sense, and if some of it doesn't work out, he will get killed for it. I think he has done a pretty good job, and that he & Rex deserve another year to turn it around. But Rex must have a quality guy to run the offense.

Who are the true impact players in the NFL who were drafted since 2006? Of these, who was available to the Jets when they selected? (Ignoring surprises / gems like Russell Wilson.) Except for Ducasse, the Tanny team has made solid selections. Nothing like the Parcells disasters, or the absolutely horrendous decisions during the Mike Hickey / Joe Walton years, or even during Dick Steinberg's run.

Review the 2006-2012 drafts, and let us know what Tanny should have done instead? Gronkowski over Wilson in 2010? Sure, but who knew? Chris Johnson over Gholston in 2008? Yes, but that was not the correct move. Tanny is the scapegoat now, but one can argue that he is the most effective draft organizer the Jets have had since the early 80s.

All of the following were good or great picks / value based on where they were drafted: Brick, Mangold, Brad Smith, Leon Washington, Drew Coleman, Revis, Harris, Stuckey, Keller, Lowery, Greene, Slauson, Wilson, McKnight, Wilkerson, Ellis, Powell, Kerley, McElroy, Coples, Hill, Davis, Bush, Allen. Obviously, we need to see the 2012 class one more year to gauge the value. Yes, these years have been slanted toward the D, but a bunch of solid guys on O as well. If Sanchez became what he was projected to become, there would be nobody questioning Tanny's record.

One more year.

vCash
    The guy has nothing going for him, he put us cap hell which I thought the cap was his specialty, he cant draft for **** constantly trading pick to move up for players that are not worth it, always drafting project players super high....nah man this guy gotta go dont even bother demoting him just fire him!

Europe get READY, THE CHAMPS ARE HERE!

New York Jets..New York Knicks..New York Yankees..Barcelona!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post
    For anyone who wants to kill Tanny for drafts, please take a look at Bill Parcell's selections in 1997, 1998 & 1999. Seriously, take a look. Here's a link if you like:

Parcells drafts were pretty much awful, and yet many in the media want to bring him back now. He benefitted from a brilliant season from Vinny Testaverde (who he signed as a backup), and is somehow considered to be their savior for 2013. Even his 2000 draft, where he had four 1st rounders, could be considered to be a disappointment.

If you take a look at Tanny's drafting record, the killers were Gholston, Sanchez, & Ducasse. Of the 3, the only bad selection was Ducasse, as it was a total reach. Gholston was a bust, but was projected to go right where they picked him, and they needed a pass rusher. I'm pretty much a Sanchez hater, but that was a great move Tanny made in 2009. They needed a franchize QB, and they picked a guy almost everyone loved. Just like 99% of other Jet fans (and the media), I thought it was a great move.

Yes, Tanny did not draft skill guys high in the draft, so instead he went after proven players in free agency. Holmes, Thomas Jones, LT, T-Rich, Edwards, Plax, Mason. Some of it didn't work out, but the results would have been much better if there was a quality QB in place the last 4 years.

Tanny drafted a bunch of quality players on defense. He did not have a lot of high 1's to work with since the team has had decent records during his run. His best opportunities to hit home runs were the Sanchez and Gholston picks, and again, they were not bad selections.

I'm not even hating the Tebow move. It is obvious to me that they counted on Sparano to know how to run an effective wildcat / option offense, but we have all learned that he was not qualified to do so. Everyone knows that Rex wouldn't know how to use Tebow, and that he doesn't even have a positive impact on the offense. They just obvioulsy picked the wrong guy to be OC, a position that demands creativity. Hiring Sparano: bad. Trading for Tebow: incomplete

This team does not need a new GM, or a new coach (although I would certainly welcome Polian, a definite upgrade.) This should be the wish list for next year:

- Hire a creative / quality OC.
    - Obatain a quality QB. I say trade for Flynn, and include Sanchez in the deal. (I consider Flynn to have the largest upside out of any QB who might be available to them for next year.) Then let Flynn & McElroy battle it out.
    - Sign Edwards & Keller. That gives us Holmes, Edwards, Hill, Kerley, Keller & Cumberland. Enough good pass catchers there.
    - Obtain pass rushing LB. Probably 1st rounder in the draft. This player then starts with Harris, Davis & McIntyre.
    - Obtain a starting quality RT.
    - Sign Landry, & move Wilson to safety.
    - Obtain a home run type running back, maybe in the 2nd round. Let Greene walk, keep Powell.

Tanny can pull all of this off. He will make moves that make sense, and if some of it doesn't work out, he will get killed for it. I think he has done a pretty good job, and that he & Rex deserve another year to turn it around. But Rex must have a quality guy to run the offense.

Who are the true impact players in the NFL who were drafted since 2006? Of these, who was available to the Jets when they selected? (Ignoring surprises / gems like Russell Wilson.) Except for Ducasse, the Tanny team has made solid selections. Nothing like the Parcells disasters, or the absolutely horrendous decisions during the Mike Hickey / Joe Walton years, or even during Dick Steinberg's run.

Review the 2006-2012 drafts, and let us know what Tanny should have done instead? Gronkowski over Wilson in 2010? Sure, but who knew? Chris Johnson over Gholston in 2008? Yes, but that was not the correct move. Tanny is the scapegoat now, but one can argue that he is the most effective draft organizer the Jets have had since the early 80s.

All of the following were good or great picks / value based on where they were drafted: Brick, Mangold, Brad Smith, Leon Washington, Drew Coleman, Revis, Harris, Stuckey, Keller, Lowery, Greene, Slauson, Wilson, McKnight, Wilkerson, Ellis, Powell, Kerley, McElroy, Coples, Hill, Davis, Bush, Allen. Obviously, we need to see the 2012 class one more year to gauge the value. Yes, these years have been slanted toward the D, but a bunch of solid guys on O as well. If Sanchez became what he was projected to become, there would be nobody questioning Tanny's record.

One more year.
    I think you are reaching on the 2000 draft; Ellis and Abraham were studs when they both were here, Pennington was very solid, and Becht wasn't that horrible. Also, he got Coles in that draft who was good for the Jets when he was here. Put it this way, he found value more than not in that draft.

As for his other drafts, James Farrior, Dedric Ward, Leon Johnson, Jason Ferguson, Jason Fabini, Randy Thomas, and Ryan Young were all contributors here.

The problem is with Tanny's drafts is the value in many cases is not there in terms of production. If not for Sanchez's contract, is it out of the realm of impossible to believe that the entire 2009 draft (Sanchez, Greene, Slauson) will NOT be members of the NY Jets next year? Your 2012 draft, half the picks were gone or practice squad before the season began. 2010, Conner is gone, Ducasse should be gone, McKnight is a kick returner, and Wilson, once Revis and Trufant get back, could be the #4 CB.
    Last edited by ccugrad1; 12-26-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steveg888 View Post

One more year.
    This. Give T-Rex one more year. 2014 is going to be an awesome offseason regardless.
    Last edited by nate2usmc; 12-28-2012 at 01:17 PM.

vCash
    Just like Isaiah Thomas did to the Knicks, Mike T has put the Jets in cap- hell. He's the only one responsible for throwing big money at mediocre talents. Jetsforever started this thread defending Tanny. Maybe you should be exiled along with him. How can you say the offense isn't bad? Did you even watch the season and read the roster the whole season. Some high-school teams have more talents on offense than the jets. Then you or someone went on to defend the Sanchez pick and said McElroy was a "great pick" in the seventh round. First , sanchez was a very bad pick. Thought so then and I think so now. How can you trade up for a qb who only play one year as a freshman. No experience and probably still immature especially to be in 'New York. McElroy was a just a descent back up or third string qb pick. He had one touchdown drive against Arizona and you labeling him "great"? C'mon man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123