Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    didn't lowry start off the bench after his first injury? than he completely outplayed calderon and was forced to start him the very next game.
    then let him do it again when he comes back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss:24825917
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    Lowry is not the guy going forward, that's on BC if I'm being honest.

I like Lowry's passion and hustle but he's like a Stephan Marbury but with better D - in other words: a good player but with more pride than talent.

I actually wish we had the pick back, even if Calderon walks (no hard feelings if he did) and we traded Lowry, there are always point guards available, the league is so loaded with them it doesn't really matter.

If we had wings that could create their own shot with more inventive driving moves then I would be fine with Lowry. On the other hand I'm not going to dump Derozan just to accommodate Lowry.
    stephon marbury???
    Yeah he's got that Marbury swag but not the substance to match it.

He also takes erratic deep threes just like Marbury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    Yeah he's got that Marbury swag but not the substance to match it.

He also takes erratic deep threes just like Marbury.
    he believes any open shot is a good shot

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Those 2 guys don't understand team concept until they do keep things the way they are

vCash
    lowry
    ross
    derozan
    davis
    jonas

should be the starting 5

calderon
    AA
    kleiza
    bargs
    amir

should be the 2nd unit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    lowry
    ross
    derozan
    davis
    jonas

should be the starting 5

calderon
    AA
    kleiza
    bargs
    amir

should be the 2nd unit.
    agree

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    lowry
    ross
    derozan
    davis
    jonas

should be the starting 5

calderon
    AA
    kleiza
    bargs
    amir

should be the 2nd unit.

That would be good. First man off the bench for Ross should be Calderon or they should even start calderon. Seems to run a team better and you can showcase him.

vCash
    how are some of you ready to give up on our most talented player after he has only played a handful of games..

lowry was an absolute beast in the 3 games before his first injury (small sample size but still).. if he can come anywhere close to that level of play (which i believe he can) he will only make this team better.

you could say he was being selfish and blah blah blah but we were playing like poo and he was trying to put the team on his back which is exactly what you want your best player to do. he's got pride and he wants to win and until he comes back and completely ******** up the chemistry we currently have there is no reason to give up on him so quick.

side note, why are there always more asterisks than i actually put in my posts haha it always happens

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    also.. any word on whether or not lowry is gonna play tomorrow?

"they didn't call anything, so i took off" - terrence ross
    #letrossdunk

vCash
    Raptors coach Dwane Casey indicated that Lowry (triceps) would come off the bench once he's cleared to play, with Jose Calderon remaining the starter at point guard, the Toronto Star reports.

Recommendation: "Jose has earned the position," Casey said before Wednesday's game. "Jose has played as well as any point guard we've had this year so that's where it is right now. We'll see in the next couple of days but right now Jose is the starting point guard and has done a solid job of running the team, building trust, directing the young guys, making sure they're in the right place." The Raptors won five straight with Calderon running the show but lost badly in San Antonio on Wednesday, so if the team begins another losing streak it might not be long before Lowry regains his starting spot. For the moment though, don't expect him to bounce back to the minutes or production he was seeing at the start of the season
    I don't know what to make of this. Could be more Jose showcasing and hoping to keep his stock high for a trade, or could mean that the organization doesn't like Lowry and would prefer to possibly trade him and keep Calderon. I'd personally prefer to take the risk with Lowry long-term and trade Jose, but we'll see.

vCash
    I think they want to showcase Calderon. That expiring contract and his superb play of late will maybe net us a first round pick and a legit player. .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123