Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    let Lowry and Bargs come off the bench at first and see if the team keeps winning...
    Casey doesn't have the spine to keep Bargs on the bench.

vCash
    I would hope that Casey leaves the starting lineup as is, since its been working so far.

S E A N....M A Y N E

vCash
    stupid of me..but we CANNOT NOT start calderon whos been fantastic.. pietrus offensivley is garbage but depdning on matchups i think we should try from start

jose at the 1.. lowry at the 2.. derozan at the 3..and hopefully ed and amir..we shud see what that does for us.. and if we're playin a lebron..kd ..lanky kinda guy we shud put pietrus and let derozan start as sg and lowry comes in with heavy minutes as the 6th man..
    as much as i love bargs and his offense..his defensive is horrific and our guards r starting to play like nba guards so there is no space for bargnani unless that past 5 game defense have given him a wakeup call and its time to do well or get out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rego247 View Post
    Casey doesn't have the spine to keep Bargs on the bench.
    then he'd be a moron

vCash
    I think there is a solid argument for Lowry to start once back. Or atleast after a couple of games to get back into the rhythm of things. I mean you gave up a lotto pick for the guy and now your going to make him a backup when you know his past and how he wasnt happy with that.

At the start of the year they were probably looking to move Jose and now they have a backup that they gave a solid pick for. If they continue to start Jose, then they better believe that hes there guy and look to resign him after the season. Otherwise your wasting time treading water and not solving any questions.

But then again this is the Raptors front office. I could see Lowry going to the bench and him creating a toxic atmosphere and then them trading him for 50 cents on the dollar and letting Jose walk at the end of the year. And somehow BC will get a pat on the back from people here because he dealt Lowry and got something back.
    Last edited by The Wise 1; 12-22-2012 at 05:05 AM.

vCash
    I think I start Calderon but let Lowry finish games. He seems to be at his best during the 4th quarter. Bargnani is a tough one especially now that we are missing a big. Of course he isn't really a big either.

Random question, what if we had developed Bargs as more of a SF instead of a C. Would that have worked out better over the long haul?

vCash
    Lowry is not the guy going forward, that's on BC if I'm being honest.

I like Lowry's passion and hustle but he's like a Stephan Marbury but with better D - in other words: a good player but with more pride than talent.

I actually wish we had the pick back, even if Calderon walks (no hard feelings if he did) and we traded Lowry, there are always point guards available, the league is so loaded with them it doesn't really matter.

If we had wings that could create their own shot with more inventive driving moves then I would be fine with Lowry. On the other hand I'm not going to dump Derozan just to accommodate Lowry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddler The Gr8 View Post
    let Lowry and Bargs come off the bench at first and see if the team keeps winning...
    LOL, I love your sig!

Also, Bargs *** sits on the bench until he learns how to stay committed to the game and can play consistently. While, Lowry gets to start again.
    Last edited by TheKidKJ; 12-22-2012 at 08:48 AM.

vCash
    dilemma:

• lowry as a backup does not work (see his past tenures with nba teams)
    • lowry as a starter didn't work so far.
    • lowry cost a draft pick

as you can see is not about calderon at all is just about lowry. when signing lowry you sealed the fate of calderon. calderon was to be traded. lowry was singed to start no mater what.

bc should solve the riddle himself because is he the one that made it. do you change yet again the strategy to cover once more for a stupid decision?
    Last edited by the life; 12-22-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Kyle Lowry (triceps) and Andrea Bargnani (elbow) could return to bench roles when they're healthy enough to play.
    Coach Dwane Casey "would not rule out sticking with what is working" when the two players return, and we can't blame him considering the Raptors are finally winning a few games. In this scenario, Jose Calderon would continue to start at point guard, while Ed Davis would continue to start at power forward. This isn't the last we've heard of this, and we'll be keeping a very close eye on this situation to see how it unfolds. "That's way down the road," Casey said.

vCash
    ^ that doesn't sound encouraging.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    I'd rather AB never even go back in the line-up at all. Can't stand the guy at all he is everything that is wrong with the franchise. He doesn't improve, he doesn't play D, he's not a good rebounder, he's super inefficient and the worst of it all he's not a team player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by canzano55 View Post
    Lowry is not the guy going forward, that's on BC if I'm being honest.

I like Lowry's passion and hustle but he's like a Stephan Marbury but with better D - in other words: a good player but with more pride than talent.

I actually wish we had the pick back, even if Calderon walks (no hard feelings if he did) and we traded Lowry, there are always point guards available, the league is so loaded with them it doesn't really matter.

If we had wings that could create their own shot with more inventive driving moves then I would be fine with Lowry. On the other hand I'm not going to dump Derozan just to accommodate Lowry.
    stephon marbury???

vCash
    didn't lowry start off the bench after his first injury? than he completely outplayed calderon and was forced to start him the very next game.

vCash
    I think both AB and KL should come off the bench, KL can work his way back into the starting 5, and AB should stay as the 6th man.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast