Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Parra is the guy the Mets should target, but Kubel is probably the guy that would get traded and honestly I rather sign Hairston for 2 years 14 million if that is the case.
    I'd rather not sign Hairston at 2 years 14 million, but if we do then whatever.

I guess I am fine with it.

I just don't think he can repeat last season.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry
    I may be mistaken, but I believe we are still the ONLY team in MLB not to sign a major league free agent this season (not including re-signings).

Sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmantrash View Post
    Punt!
    Neither sad nor punt. Many of the FAs that have been signed to outrageous contracts are being overpriced. Sandy will not panic and jump in to overspend for mediocrity. He'll get his team assembled by signing and trading wisely. Give him some time.

When I see what he extracted from the Jays for Dickey, followed by getting a MLB ready righty outfielder who can be an excellent platoon mate for Nieuwenhuis, for Jefrry Marte, a borderline prospect at best, and getting Wheeler for Beltran previously, I have complete faith in Alderson.

Lets Go Mets!!!
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Neither sad nor punt. Many of the FAs that have been signed to outrageous contracts are being overpriced. Sandy will not panic and jump in to overspend for mediocrity. He'll get his team assembled by signing and trading wisely. Give him some time.

When I see what he extracted from the Jays for Dickey, followed by getting a MLB ready righty outfielder who can be an excellent platoon mate for Nieuwenhuis, for Jefrry Marte, a borderline prospect at best, and getting Wheeler for Beltran previously, I have complete faith in Alderson.

Lets Go Mets!!!
    Honestly, I don't have a huge problem with them punting on 2013, as long as they go all in for 2014.

vCash
    if ross just signed for 3yrs and 27 million what the the hell do u think upton will cost in specs. any good GM would rape a team at this point.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Wow.. who the heck is his agent! Sweet deal 3 for 27 mil. We're wouldn't give that and we shouldn't either.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Upton. He is a piece our rebuilding team needs. HE IS YOUNG ENOUGH CMON SANDY!!!

vCash
    upton for .... ?? Niese/syndegaard/flores.. what would it take realistically.. they don't need pitching really.. guess the mets aren't good trade partners.
    NYK
    NYJ
    NYM
    NYR
    DUKE
    UGA

vCash
    Michael Bourn on a one year deal. We can trade him mid season for a good young outfield prospect that will be worth much more than any 1st round draft pick we could get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mhschiefs97 View Post
    Michael Bourn on a one year deal. We can trade him mid season for a good young outfield prospect that will be worth much more than any 1st round draft pick we could get.
    i can only assume you're joking since there's no way Bourn will settle for only a 1 yr deal. It's not like he can increase his value greatly during that 1 yr. I'm sure he knows that and he'll be signing at least a 3 yr deal.

vCash
    Upton probably will cost way to much anyway... it would be Wheeler plus....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    Outside of David Wright the Mets aren't signing any 30+ year old free agents unless they come dirt cheap for one year.
    This

and

Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    We are not competing in 2013 and is Hairston really part of our future plans?

Would rather get a younger player and see what he can do. I dont see the point of paying Hairston 5mil in 2014 when we will be spending big money in the offseason on bats and actually looking to compete.

The only reason we would get Hairston is so that our 2013 OF is a little less pitiful looking and maybe eases the fans frustrations a bit in the FOs eyes. I dont see a big enough difference I'd rather savior the money or spend it on someone younger
    this
    For the best sports gifs and memes visit
    http://aviewfromthebleachers.tumblr.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    i can only assume you're joking since there's no way Bourn will settle for only a 1 yr deal. It's not like he can increase his value greatly during that 1 yr. I'm sure he knows that and he'll be signing at least a 3 yr deal.
    Most teams have filled their outfield needs. Nick Swisher is still a free agent, and next year Michael Bourn would be the only good outfield option on the free agent market. So no I am not joking. I assume since you know so much about Michael Bourn, you also know that his agent is Scott Boras, an agent notorious for playing the market in this type of fashion.

I would even go so far as to say I think the Mets should sign Bourn and Sizemore both to one year deals. We can always trade or get draft pick compensation for Bourn, and if we did trade him, it would be right around the time Grady Sizemore is back from injury.

In the scenario that the Mets do sign Bourn to a one year deal, we would also have the inside track to extending him with all the money coming off the books after next year.

Do I think this is something the Mets have to pursue? No, which is why I wrote a one sentence post. Do I think this is an idea worth considering? Yes, just like every outfield option that is out there right now, along with the Jason Kubel's, Scott Hairston's, and Delmon Young's of the world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mhschiefs97 View Post
    Most teams have filled their outfield needs. Nick Swisher is still a free agent, and next year Michael Bourn would be the only good outfield option on the free agent market. So no I am not joking. I assume since you know so much about Michael Bourn, you also know that his agent is Scott Boras, an agent notorious for playing the market in this type of fashion.
    Free agent OFers after this upcoming season;

Ellsbury
    Granderson
    Beltran
    Choo
    Cruz
    Pence
    Gomez
    Prado
    Morse

What do you mean by Bourn will be the ONLY good OF option in free agency next yr? LOL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post

Lets Go Mets!!!
    I don't know. To me, it looks like we're going the #Stunametrics route: tank the season as if this is the NBA and we're going for a lottery pick, even though it's not - and draft picks are never a sure thing in the MLB. Move forward with no guarantee that the team will ever be willing to spend, let alone in 2014.

vCash
    With Ross off the board Hairston and Rivera are the best of the rest for now...remember Sizemore won't be ready until mid-season. Next option is the salary dump...ASoriano for a middling prospect or two with CHI offering to pick up 26 of the $36m is equal to a Hairston deal...who would hit better? And it wouldn't be a shame if we won 82 games!
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast