Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Nobody on the list is really worth it for more than 1 year IMO.

This is why I am not too upset over the idea of not spending and going cheap, young, and maybe even low risk, high reward.

I get why people want to bring back Hairston. He makes sense. If we want a better chance at winning we ideally need a righty who can hit lefties to counter the balance of all our lefties who can hit righties. So yes, Hairston makes sense.

However, if he is demanding a 2 year deal worth more than 7 mil a year, I say know way to that. I'd rather get a cheaper version on Hairston for 1 year.

The last thing I want to see is the Mets over spend on Scott Hairston.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-22-2012 at 02:09 AM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Daniel Alvarez is worth the risk/investment. I would put my money there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramlaen View Post
    Daniel Alvarez is worth the risk/investment. I would put my money there.
    What kind of stats does Alvarez have?
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    He is comparable to Cespedes but younger by two years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootleg42 View Post
    First I love the strategy the OP spoke of. The vision needs to be long term, and giving Atlanta a pick will be a lost opportunity for us, and an opportunity for the Braves to hurt us for a decade. 2013 is going to be 4th place, so there is no sacrificing the future for a few extra wins in 2013. Well said!!!

Now about who we can sign for 2013, I'd say why not Jonny Damon????? I mean he's only had one bad year in his whole career, and he wouldn't mind trying to get to 3000 hits. He'd be cheap, and he could bat lead off. It would be entertaining.

I don't want Scott Hairston here anymore. Let him go elsewhere.
    Thanks...Damon cannot throw so he would be a better fit for LF where Duda should be. If SA does nothing else he is a fallback. We need a corner outfielder, preferably in RF, who can bat #5 behind Davis and split between Duda.... Buck is not that good a hitter so thats why I want Hairston, Ross or Rivera. With Kirk and Cowgill we could roll the dice on that pair in CF and Duda in left. What would it take to get Bonifacio from TOR? I bet they talked about that in the RA negotiations but SA decided to see what he could do elsewhere first.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    The Diamondbacks and Cody Ross have agreed to a three-year contract reports Mark Feinsand of The New York Daily News (on Twitter). Financial terms are unknown. Ross is an SFX client.

Ross, 31, was a popular free agent this offseason after hitting .267/.326/.481 with 22 homers in 476 plate appearances for the Red Sox last season. The right-handed batter was especially productive against lefties (.295/.373/.636) and at home in Fenway Park (.295/.356/.565). Ross has plenty of experience in all three outfield spots, though the various metrics say he's just average defensively.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...PhJ97bFAWr7.99

vCash
    Oh well moar losses

vCash
    Looks like no team is going to have any money left when the Mets finally will be able to compete. By then, with all the money that we'd have saved, we should be able to clean up. No way is Cody Ross or Scott Hairston worth 3 years, no less 2.

Let's use that money and get someone real good through a trade...or just wait until better FA's become available.

vCash
    Good signing Ross to 3 years would have been stupid. He would have sucked in Citi Field too.

Now the Dbacks will surely trade 1 of Upton/Kubel/Parra....Upton would cost a lot...Kubel is a FA next season...I think Parra is a nice fit.

vCash
    Kubel would be a really nice addition in my opinion. What if we traded for him then locked him up?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    Kubel would be a really nice addition in my opinion. What if we traded for him then locked him up?
    Im just hesitant because he's just an older version of Lucas Duda in the OF (fielding wise)

vCash
    He and Duda are not even on the same level defensively. Lucas is the worst defensive OF by far.

vCash
    Justin Upton over Kubel... I'll take a .280-.300 avg 25+ home runs 20 SBs 80-100 rbi 80-100 runs RH RF. And yes I'd give up a nimmo, flores, mejia package for him.

He's about 25 years old. Already shown he can be an elite player in this league. I'd do it in a heartbeat and never look back.
    #oneatatime

vCash
    If that is all it would take, the Mets would have Upton already. It would cost at least one of Niese, Wheeler, or Harvey with probably a guy like Tejada or Flores and others.

vCash
    Parra is the guy the Mets should target, but Kubel is probably the guy that would get traded and honestly I rather sign Hairston for 2 years 14 million if that is the case.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast