Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If you were Utah's head coach...

What would your starting lineup be, and minute allocation?

And, you are allowed one trade (must be realistic i.e. ESPN trade machine), what would it be?
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Line up of:
    Mo
    Hayward
    Marv
    Fav
    Jefferson

Tinsley
    Foye
    Carol
    Millsap
    Kanter

Starters would have stellar length for defense and balance inside out scoring
    Millsap coming off the bench along with Kanter would improve bench scoring in the paint.

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

vCash
    Mo
    Carroll
    Marvin
    Favors
    Jefferson

In order first off bench:
    Millsap
    Hayward
    Foye
    Kanter
    Burks

Tinsley
    Evans
    Watson
    Murphy

Our starting lineup would hopefully wear down the other team's offense, while playing good enough defense to not go down big early (like we usually do). Second unit has a solid mix, and has enough offense and D to keep us going.

2nd Unit would be led by Milly, but the back court would be a Foye/Burks backcourt. Athletic enough, to keep up, with Hayward on the wing, Milly in PF and Kanter banging the boards. Tinsley would come in to help Foye/Burks if one is cold or fouls.
    Last edited by Jumba; 12-21-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Quit?
    Chicago Cubs: #4 pick, Prospect Watching
    Tennessee Titans: 7-9, #11 Pick/Bring on the "Whis" Kid
    Utah Jazz: 12-26, We're getting dangerously close to being decent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    Quit?
    haha that basically sums this thread up

/thread
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    I would have my game be this:

StartersGive my future team the minutes they need now, and since they can hang with the starters of any team)

Tinsley
    Hayward
    Favors
    Kanter
    Burks

Evans and Murphy would be given 5 minutes a night so they can get better.

Then I would have these guys cycle in to face against the bench of the other team, on account they can't be consistent and each can't score every night they are given great minutes. Although against the bench of other teams, they might actually do what they are suppose to.

Mo Williams
    Randy Foye
    Carroll
    Al Jefferson
    Paul Millsap

Marvin would make my rotation like 1 for every 10 games, like what Corbin is doing to Burks.

This way I have a great defense machine in Carroll on Bench and Burks on my starters. I bet money, that given the responsibility and the minutes, my starters would out perform the normal starters for Corbin. I don't believe that the higher you are paid the better you play. Al is over rated and so is Marvin. Millsap has grown with us and has peaked and won't get better. Favors is just as good as him and he is still learning. I would put my entire team on his development and in Haywards.

I would trade away Milsap, and Jefferson, to over pay one all star to come to Utah, like a James Harden who can score 20+ a night!

I might not get the play offs this year, but I would be giving my young talent a boost that Corbin isn't going to give them. So when next year(s) come, I would have the best Utah teams since Stockton/Malone!

vCash
    First the Trade
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cchqv6r

then my starting line-up

Calderon
    Hayward
    Marvin
    Favors
    Jafferson

Kanter is the sixth man I give him close to 30 minutes a night spelling Big Al and Favors.

Carroll splits time with Marvin

Burks moves into the back-up 2 guard with around 20 minutes a game.

Also Mo Williams would see time as a scorer off the bench.

basically 9 man rotation

Calderon/Mo
    Hayward/burks
    Marvin/carroll
    Favors/Kanter
    Jefferson/Kanter

I also would find a few minutes a game for Evans

That move + lineup accomplishes everything you could hope for. Develop Kanter and Favors ...move on from this log jam...get a very nice pass first point guard.

we can see what we have and probably improve as a team all at once.
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    wow that trade is terrible. the jazz could get that trade from the raptors in a heartbeat. raptors were just trying to get rid of calderon last year and you give them 2 decent pieces

vCash
    I would trade Millsap and Bell for Iggy, then minutes would look like this:

PG: Mo 33 - Watson 9 - Tinsley 6
    SG: Iggy 30 - Foye 15 - Burks 3
    SF: Hayward 30 - Marvin 18
    PF: Favors 30 - Carroll 18
    C: Jefferson 35 - Kanter 13

Something like that.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    wow that trade is terrible. the jazz could get that trade from the raptors in a heartbeat. raptors were just trying to get rid of calderon last year and you give them 2 decent pieces
    you are a terrible moderator
    Hi There

JAZZ / UTES / LIONS / REDWINGS / TIGERS / ALL-BLACKS

vCash
    With Mo out in definitely, most likely for the rest of this season. That leaves Tinsley who is pretty old, and Watson coming off a long injury.

I stand by my favorites, with Favors, Burks, Hayward, and Kanter running our Starters.
    If I were the coach I would trade Millsap as soon as possible to get me the best PG I can get(I would go for someone who is 1-2 years old in the nba, someone young who can spend the career here).
    I would get the best shooters I could from my two upcoming first rounders. However, I think the Jazz should trade their two first round picks for a 2014 draft pick, to get some one really really good.

I mean Micheal Williams is the best PG in this draft, and chances are we ain't gonna get him, because we would be better off getting another Hayward type player.

For now I would stick to Tinsley, but there is no way I would let off Al or Paul to go FA, I would trade them for some special talent, especially since we have 4 1st rounders from the last 2 drafts, who are worth keeping cause their price/performance. I would look to replace Watson at the bench. I just wouldn't allow my team to go any longer without a new PG. If Mo is only out for one month, I would feel safe with Tinsly, but would be looking out for replacing Watson.

vCash
    I guess as coach I would fire myself if I were Corbin. I see constant amazing ideas from random fans all the time. Even my fantasy ideas aren't half bad, at least some truth in here somewhere. I just don't see why the Jazz don't look into finding a real coach, who has actually coached a team before, not just "assisted" a coach. I don't know why Corbin isn't smart enough to do what is right(he wasn't even that good of a player). I guess he will get better...

The Jazz management just have a heap of a mess to sort out. They screwed up by benching Burks all this time and giving Bell and Marvin his minutes. I think marvin is great, but I would bench him over Burks. They royally screwed up by trading Harris for Marvin, especially since Marvin hasn't been producing more than he should. I just think we could really use Harris at starter Point Guard right now, than having Marvin putting Burks on the bench.

vCash
    I loved Corbin's comments after the magic game. It went something, and I'm not exact, but, "I decided to play Burks over Carroll because we were in need of some offense." When is this team not in need of some offense... jesus christ.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Tyrone Corbin on Alec Burks, post-game: Nothing against DeMarre, I thought we needed some scoring at that point. That’s why I decided to go with Alec.
    FWITHMEYOUKNOWIGOTIT

vCash
    Dude why is Alec's growth being stunted by guys like Bell and Marvin, and now Carroll.

I will admit these guys are great players, but should you have your 1st rounder develop with your other 1st rounders?!?

I think Carroll's energy and defense is great, but I think Burks has that same energy and uplifting play. Bell taking his time was the worst part, cause bell is a lost cause, and I have no comment about him.

Corbin is doing good enough, I am just hoping Burks starts working with the bench. I mean look at Favors, Kanters and Haywards growth...its only cause they are getting good quality minutes at about 20 a night.

I like Evans, but he will be 3rd string as long as Al is around. But once Al is gone, Kanter will move to starter and Evans will be the bench. But that might not be this year, or next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast