Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    portland
    Posts
    1,518
    vCash
    1500

    so its okay for....

    johnny manziel to be GIVEN court side tickets to an nba game,BUT terrelle pryor couldnt trade HIS gold pants and ring for tattoos??....kinda confused at this

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    19,772
    vCash
    1500
    I heard his family is pretty wealthy and that they paid for the seats. So, this is a non-story....
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,344
    vCash
    500
    LOL People are pathetic.... The tickets were bought on December 6th in anticipation for his birthday it was even posted on twitter when he bought the tickets. They were not given to him by anybody.

    That and his family has money. They can afford NBA tickets for his birthday.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,526
    vCash
    1500
    I disagree with the whole Terrelle Pryor thing anyway. If you earned that ring you should be able to do what you want with it, even if it's stupid.
    We're better than you
    And we know it


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,344
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnsanity View Post
    I disagree with the whole Terrelle Pryor thing anyway. If you earned that ring you should be able to do what you want with it, even if it's stupid.
    I do agree but the whole issue there is where do you limit gifts from the school. Because at some point you could essentially be paying players if you give them thousands of dollars worth of "gifts" only to have them turn around and sell them on the street.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    4,969
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I do agree but the whole issue there is where do you limit gifts from the school. Because at some point you could essentially be paying players if you give them thousands of dollars worth of "gifts" only to have them turn around and sell them on the street.
    Yet it's perfectly acceptable for the schools to make millions off these kids....there are no easy answers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,344
    vCash
    500
    Let me tell you guys a story about a guy that I played with in high school and went on to play for a pretty big program. They would be pulled aside on campus and told of a big garage sale thats gonna happen and that they really need to show up because there would be all kinds of deals. Guy goes to the address of the garage sale (which has no signs up or anything else to indicate a garage sale) and gets a big screen tv and playstation with games for $20.....

    Were any rules broken in that situation? It was a "garage sale" and technically he did pay for the items. But we all know that is shady. I have heard a couple stories of that nature from guys I know that played for SEC/ACC programs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,147
    vCash
    1470
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Let me tell you guys a story about a guy that I played with in high school and went on to play for a pretty big program. They would be pulled aside on campus and told of a big garage sale thats gonna happen and that they really need to show up because there would be all kinds of deals. Guy goes to the address of the garage sale (which has no signs up or anything else to indicate a garage sale) and gets a big screen tv and playstation with games for $20.....

    Were any rules broken in that situation? It was a "garage sale" and technically he did pay for the items. But we all know that is shady. I have heard a couple stories of that nature from guys I know that played for SEC/ACC programs.
    That's interesting. I've always assumed that cheating in CFB has come along way from the days of SMU writing checks to players with the Universities letter head on them and signed by the athletic director.

    I heard a story awhile back that was total hearsay, but the rumor was at Auburn certain athletes would be given an ATM card that they could withdraw large sums of money from an untraceable account. Basically there is no one to bust unless the kid just comes clean, but still there is no one to link it to the University.

    I think the reason the NCAA hammers schools like SC and OSU is because its so easy to get away with cheating that if you're dumb enough to get caught its probably because you were doing it a lot.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
    Yet it's perfectly acceptable for the schools to make millions off these kids....there are no easy answers.
    Don't even start with this argument. I don't want to live in a world where even NCAA talent become overpaid douches in the 13th grade. Next thing you know, we've got recruits negotiating with schools for payouts and programs with the wealthiest boosters win over way more than they already do.

    It's no secret few programs are Lilly-white though. I honestly believe BYU, Catholic schools, and the service academies are the only programs who recruit by the rules. For a long time, the assumption was, "Notre Dame is bad at recruiting," when in reality, the Irish only recruit high-character kids who are good students.

    Any program can buy off some super-athlete from the worst slum in the US, and have him major in Lego Building or some horse doodoo. Let the USC's, Oregon's, and Alabama's be shady, win a lot, eventually get caught, and give back all the hardware, erase the books.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    40,344
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry34 View Post
    That's interesting. I've always assumed that cheating in CFB has come along way from the days of SMU writing checks to players with the Universities letter head on them and signed by the athletic director.

    I heard a story awhile back that was total hearsay, but the rumor was at Auburn certain athletes would be given an ATM card that they could withdraw large sums of money from an untraceable account. Basically there is no one to bust unless the kid just comes clean, but still there is no one to link it to the University.

    I think the reason the NCAA hammers schools like SC and OSU is because its so easy to get away with cheating that if you're dumb enough to get caught its probably because you were doing it a lot.
    That is a government investigation that is still ongoing because it involves gambling and money laundering. Supposedly players were given unmarked ATM cards that were to a "charity fund". Several families of players were given interest free loans and they were also given pre-paid casino cards.

    I still think we will end up hearing more about all of this once they get everything. Because the bank in question pretty much has ties to every single person on the Board of Trustees. Michael Dyer was one of the players said to get benefits and he was there for pretty much a year or two. And once all of this come out the Colonial Bank declared bankruptcy and shut its doors.

    Everything there points to fraud. Everybody knows it happened. Everybody knows that Cam Newton got paid. Its just a matter of proving it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Everything there points to fraud. Everybody knows it happened. Everybody knows that Cam Newton got paid. Its just a matter of proving it.
    That's an assumption. All we know as a fact is Cecil Newton shopped his son to DI schools to the tune of $400k.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Posts
    7,926
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Sox View Post
    That's an assumption. All we know as a fact is Cecil Newton shopped his son to DI schools to the tune of $400k.
    So he shopped his kid for $400k then he played at a school for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So he shopped his kid for $400k then he played at a school for free?
    Again, we can only assume. Investigations turned up no proof Auburn paid Cecil Newton for anything.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Farmington Arkansas
    Posts
    12,147
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Sox View Post
    Again, we can only assume. Investigations turned up no proof Auburn paid Cecil Newton for anything.
    They claimed they found nothing so Cam could play in National Championship. If Newton did not lead them to national championship then that evidence would have been found.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    79
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    They claimed they found nothing so Cam could play in National Championship. If Newton did not lead them to national championship then that evidence would have been found.
    lol, again...more assumptions. Why the hating?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •